Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #3226
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
To prove you are a stud.

You have to have natural terrain to have a GOAT.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #3227
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,848
we just had a local Pro Am this Sunday. I guess for non pro license holders these events pay points that lead to one.

the newly licensed local pro from last year I'd been touting was there, along with a host of other experts and hopefuls. I figured he'd waltz to wins in both classes but not the case. He did overall the 450 but the first moto winner was what appears to be a clone of him. a kid who spends months on end at these training facilities, one at Club MX, the other at Weinerts. As more and more of these kids keep raising the bar higher and higher with riding, training, and fitness, I never thought I'd say it but I'm more than content to sit back and watch.

I can't say it enough, todays riders are awesome.

I never thought I'd say it but SX is their big stage. Not MX.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #3228
barko1
barko1

Oddometer: 3,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post

SX is a show, MX is real racing.
SX is a pretty good show most weeks, and I sure consider it real racing and I'm imagine those guys risking their bodies consider it that.
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, KDX220
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #3229
B1KSOLO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
I'm surprised that there isn't a lot more sx only racers out there. Why work harder for less money?
they call them arena cross racers
Old 05-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #3230
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,344
[QUOTE=nachtflug;24113941]we just had a local Pro Am this Sunday. I guess for non pro license holders these events pay points that lead to one.

the newly licensed local pro from last year I'd been touting was there, along with a host of other experts and hopefuls. I figured he'd waltz to wins in both classes but not the case. He did overall the 450 but the first moto winner was what appears to be a clone of him. a kid who spends months on end at these training facilities, one at Club MX, the other at Weinerts. As more and more of these kids keep raising the bar higher and higher with riding, training, and fitness, I never thought I'd say it but I'm more than content to sit back and watch.

I can't say it enough, todays riders are awesome. QUOTE]

I totally agree, Matt Hammer, and a friend rode at Milford with me (not with me but I was there) all day Monday as well as Marisa Markelson and another WMA rider. Marisa is ranked 2 or 3 right now in the country and they were doing 30 min motos plus 2 laps in cycles throughout the day, Matt has a trainer that is with him the whole time timing him and keeping an eye on him, Matt is right behind A.Lampi in speed but to see him destroy a track in 1/2 an hr is just amazing. I groom the track there and continually had to go out and put berms back to where they should be after they were out.
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #3231
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
The Nikon 300 prime F2.8. I thought about the 400 but christ that was $3K more than the 300. I asked Simon Cudby about the 300 prime versus the 200 (F2) prime and he said definitely the 300. If it's good enough for him I think I can live with it, I just need to get some time with using it under my belt, plus I've always got the 1.7 TC.
More options are always a good thing.

Quote:
Baldy has the Canon 200-400 zoom with a built in TC.

Price that bad boy.
I have, and I'd love one. Maybe some day. A friend got to try one out last year at Osh Kosh. I don't think they were even available then. He was using some demo model. Anyway, he loved it.

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:01 AM   #3232
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker4her View Post
Two SX in ATL back to back is bull shit.....
It could be brilliant. Perspective ticket buyers can pick one or the other and the south has the population to draw from to warrant the move.

I wonder if they'll completely change the track or leave it?
Old 05-08-2014, 04:06 AM   #3233
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Matt is right behind A.Lampi in speed but to see him destroy a track in 1/2 an hr is just amazing.
and they will both be outside shots at making the gate for the Nationals.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:35 AM   #3234
withiam
Philogynist

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
They cancelled Toronto too, don't know why.
Logistics and RV got sick. We'll most likely go to ATL to replace our annual trip to Toronto which is by the way, one of the coolest cities in North America.
Not sure what ATL has to offer. Probably more crime. Can you walk to the dome from a premium hotel in ATL? Do I need to bring a heater, a piece for safety?
withiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #3235
andy29847
Dirt Road Rider

Oddometer: 2,168
Quote:
Do I need to bring a heater, a piece for safety?
Bring an MP5, MP 7, or a Mini Uzi. Otherwise you will be under gunned, and it would be better if you just give up.
ABC#8350
IBA#7647,
Trenton, SC
Smugmug coupon code = bQItjZEfrqLkI
MOAB Ride Report
andy29847 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #3236
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by withiam View Post
We'll most likely go to ATL to replace our annual trip to Toronto which is by the way, one of the coolest cities in North America.
Their mayor certainly seems to enjoy himself there.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #3237
nachtflug
infidel

I'm bummed. I went to New York this weekend and I watched [Ryan Villopoto] lock up the championship for the fourth time and I knew I was really the only guy to give the guy a true run. In 2012, we were trading the championship lead back and forth and we were really close on points. And this year we were only two points down and I got hurt again. It's just a real bummer at my age and at this point in my career, I'm realistic and I know these years are going to run, but for now I still feel like I have what it takes to be competitive and win
Old 05-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #3238
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,525
Quote:
It could be brilliant. Perspective ticket buyers can pick one or the other and the south has the population to draw from to warrant the move.

I wonder if they'll completely change the track or leave it?
No question thy will level the track an start over. New gate location and all I would bet.

Quote:
I'm bummed. I went to New York this weekend and I watched [Ryan Villopoto] lock up the championship for the fourth time and I knew I was really the only guy to give the guy a true run. In 2012, we were trading the championship lead back and forth and we were really close on points. And this year we were only two points down and I got hurt again. It's just a real bummer at my age and at this point in my career, I'm realistic and I know these years are going to run, but for now I still feel like I have what it takes to be competitive and win
This is quite a statement. I never saw you on the gate. But I do agree your years at the top of SX are probably running out! A quote from Stewart I assume?

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #3239
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,851
Quote:
Delusions of Reed?

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #3240
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
Delusions of Reed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXA338ro1mo