Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #316
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Kicked ass? If having the leader hand you the lead and not try to get it back and then having the guy who was about to go by you like you was standing still lose the bike in a brutal whoops get off is kicking ass then I guess he did.
Well Yeah,but staying on the bike is part of racing,losing concentration and biffing out means you lose.
RV has won races due to others screwing up,so have lots of guys. Its racing.

It was obvious RV and Stewart both would have been breathing down Ken's neck fairly soon if they hadnt screwed up,I was pulling for James and hated to see him hit the deck.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #317
Too Tall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
The new 450 format makes the racing more interesting.
2012 Triumph 800XC
2010 KTM 990 SMT
Too Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #318
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Its not too late to get signed up for the next race,come in as an alternate and try to qualify,with your genius and skill you could put it on all these posers.
Its just as easy as it looks.
For some reason I don't see RV or RD, or a ton of other riders drop 25 points because of bent bars. I don't know how bad the bike was or if he tried to get back on the bike. They didn't show him trying to get on the bike. To me that show he doesn't have the desire to win. What did he have a couple 100 feet to the finish line? Push the bike if you have too. Show the competition you have the fire to win. He did look good and had the bike set up. Can't say that about Dungey, it looked like he was fighting the bike.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #319
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
For some reason I don't see RV or RD, or a ton of other riders drop 25 points because of bent bars. I don't know how bad the bike was or if he tried to get back on the bike. They didn't show him trying to get on the bike. To me that show he doesn't have the desire to win. What did he have a couple 100 feet to the finish line? Push the bike if you have too. Show the competition you have the fire to win. He did look good and had the bike set up. Can't say that about Dungey, it looked like he was fighting the bike.
dude on a Sunday night? sleep it off you've got work in the morning.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #320
NorthCoastRider
Livin' the dream

Oddometer: 246
Stewart's left side handlebar was bent down almost 90deg. No way anyone could finish 5 laps on a SX track without being a hazard to themselves or the other rides.
Tomac cross jumped to the inside of the corner, Weimer was already in the air and committed. Just a racing incident, no one at fault.

Great race and an awesome night for KTM!
Old 01-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #321
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Haven't seen any pic yet showing bike damage, let's see it if you have one.

I remember the old days of MX in the 60s - 70s where we manned up, rode what we had, didn't whine, rode with bent bars or whatever because that's all we had. There have been a few prima donnas over the years that just rub me the wrong way, JS just happens to be one.

Yes JS is fast - whiskey throttle, hanging on till he crashes, if he learns when to go 9/10s and be in control, 10/10s when necessary, will help him win more races. I remember seeing someone push their bike across the finish line years ago in comparison. Just my .02

Anyone remember how smooth, fast and in control Jean Michael Bayle was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Its not too late to get signed up for the next race,come in as an alternate and try to qualify,with your genius and skill you could put it on all these posers.
Its just as easy as it looks.

TooFast screwed with this post 01-05-2014 at 11:37 PM
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:42 AM   #322
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFast View Post

I remember the old days of MX in the 60s - 70s where we manned up, rode what we had, didn't whine, rode with bent bars or whatever because that's all we had. There have been a few prima donnas over the years that just rub me the wrong way, JS just happens to be one.
Stewart will be 29 this year. He's going faster now then anyone from the 60's and 70's did in their wet dreams. 29 is ancient in this sport and he's still faster than 99.9999999999999999999999999% of the people on the planet. Comparing SX from post Y2K to the 60's and 70's is pointless.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:25 AM   #323
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,736

I think I'll just push this bent up bike over this set of triples and through the rhythm section. Then, I'll get some respect.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:18 AM   #324
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,284
I just finished watching it last night, Fcuking James was awesome until the rear end whipped him good.

But how about when they were showing the commentators. GOAT is a goof ball, next race watch his face when others are talking - too funny.
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #325
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

You missed my point entirely. I never compared current speed to previous speeds. JS put on a great show, he was the fastest on the track at A1 till he crashed. Kudos, You're way off point.

When RV crashed you saw him pick his bike up and go racing again.

When JS crashed, he didn't even pick his bike up; as usual, he quit and walked back to the pits. Replay shows his bike landing on a tuff block and then going out of sight - so who knows if it was rideable or not. Championships have been decided by very few points - if I was paying his salary, I would expect him to try and finish in the points, full speed or not. Lots of money was spent to go racing and the fans deserve to get their money's worth.

That's my question, nothing more, was his bike rideable or not, or did he just quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Stewart will be 29 this year. He's going faster now then anyone from the 60's and 70's did in their wet dreams. 29 is ancient in this sport and he's still faster than 99.9999999999999999999999999% of the people on the planet. Comparing SX from post Y2K to the 60's and 70's is pointless.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:56 AM   #326
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
I don't know how bad the bike was or if he tried to get back on the bike. They didn't show him trying to get on the bike. To me that show he doesn't have the desire to win. What did he have a couple 100 feet to the finish line? Push the bike if you have too.
TV did show him going back to the bike, picking it up and trying to get going again. You must have missed that.

Also his crash didn't happen on the last lap. It wasn't "a couple 100 feet" it was more than a couple laps. Maybe 6-9 laps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
The new 450 format makes the racing more interesting.
Yes and no. I was wondering how many frontrunners will pull off in a heat race when they get a bad start/crash figuring they can just get into the main from the Semi with less competition?
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:08 AM   #327
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
TV did show him going back to the bike, picking it up and trying to get going again. You must have missed that.

Also his crash didn't happen on the last lap. It wasn't "a couple 100 feet" it was more than a couple laps. Maybe 6-9 laps.

Yes and no. I was wondering how many frontrunners will pull off in a heat race when they get a bad start/crash figuring they can just get into the main from the Semi with less competition?

Your mostly right; I saw JS start to grab the bike then stop, though you couldn't see any damage.

It was 5 laps to go.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:09 AM   #328
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Guess the YT race replay didn't show that, at about 15:40 in the full replay, he crashed walked to his bike, next shot he was walking away...here's a new posting specifically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...#t=100ecically about his crash and bike....second link shows his bars (hit pause) bars are not bent 90 degrees, bike looks rideable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...KLSZLqbA#t=100

Quote:

TooFast screwed with this post 01-06-2014 at 07:17 AM
Old 01-06-2014, 07:16 AM   #329
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,241
Quote:
...I was wondering how many frontrunners will pull off in a heat race when they get a bad start/crash figuring they can just get into the main from the Semi with less competition?
I would say zero. Remember last year, RV failed to make the main coming out of the LCQ. Less competition, maybe, but that does not mean it's a sure thing.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #330
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,228
Quote:

I watched the race live and didn't get to rewind like I do when I watch on Tivo. I wont do that again, you would think Toyota could come up with a few more commercials. I thought is was closer to the end of the race. He crashed at the end of the 15th lap.

I didn't suggest he push the bike, I just didn't see the effort.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote