ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #346
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
why.
Not a fan of the guy. I think he got greedy and walked away from Kawi looking for dollar signs. He could have been on the bike RV has been on last couple years kicking ass.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #347
nachtflug
infidel
 
nachtflug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: Harrys place
Oddometer: 45,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Not a fan of the guy. I think he got greedy and walked away from Kawi looking for dollar signs. He could have been on the bike RV has been on last couple years kicking ass.
he's not exactly the first guy whoever left one brand for another for more money....
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #348
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
he's not exactly the first guy whoever left one brand for another for more money....
I agree.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #349
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 21,275
Tomac should have raced and got some points. After all, I get those all the time and still show up for work!
Limp it around, pussy!




Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #350
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 5,997
I can't search videos because of a firewall at work, but I remember him being hurt unable to stand almost and getting back on his bike, dazed and confused. I think it was Daytona one year. He has heart!
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #351
skwidd
where does this lead?
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Pissing in your Kampfire
Oddometer: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
he's not exactly the first guy whoever left one brand for another for more money....
There was far more than money involved in that split.
__________________
http://www.jimmyalbertson.com

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #352
TooFast
Studly Adventurer
 
TooFast's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Rocky Mountains
Oddometer: 630
Well put, I think you nailed it, if he couldn't win he walks away from a crash rather than suck it up and go back racing. Seen it too many times, Thank You



Quote:
Originally Posted by bigborefan View Post
You guys just don't understand JS7. He races for race wins, not titles. He don't race for second, he don't race for third, he races for wins.

Since he had bent bars and was not gonna win, in his mind, the day was over, time to go to the truck.

You know he has a truck load of SX wins, but only two SX titles.

He ain't in it for titles.
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #353
TooFast
Studly Adventurer
 
TooFast's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Rocky Mountains
Oddometer: 630
The horse is dead, beaten to a pulp, but out of curiosity can anyone explain the bend difference between these two photos? Between the crossbar clamp and clutch perch are two very different bends, photo shop maybe? dunno, something just doesn't seem right


Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post



Yup, I'd like to be scrubbing triples setup like that.

I still wonder if some of you guys actually ride\race\actually ridden on something other than a gravel driveway, or just enjoy trolling.
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #354
BC61
Beastly Adventurer
 
BC61's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFast View Post
can anyone explain the bend difference between these two photos? Between the crossbar clamp and clutch perch are two very different bends
aspect ratio of the first image is off
__________________
BC Moto Adventures https://www.facebook.com/pages/BC-Mo...2554006?ref=hl

My experience at Dakar 2012 www.bc2dakar.com
BC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #355
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer
 
anotherguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: the hills
Oddometer: 5,879
That's changing for James.

However I believe the reason he walked away is if you rode like he does (WFO regardless) bent handlebars puts your safety in jeopardy. Just my opinion. Someone earlier asked why did he go for it in the whoops? Hell James is a tough guy to pass in the whoops. Just ask RD5 who ain't no slouch in the bumps either.


__________________
A lie has no feet......it can't stand alone.............
Jason Newsted
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #356
TooFast
Studly Adventurer
 
TooFast's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Rocky Mountains
Oddometer: 630
I like cheering for the David's rather than the Goliaths and would like for Suzuki to do well and survive as a bike importer..we know what happened to their cars. Last year Milsaps did real well, but his team switched to KTMs, Dungy did the same, JS looks good till he crashes out of contention, Decoster's bike seems good enough to win but needs a rider capable of winning a championship. Wishing Suzuki the best....
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #357
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer
 
Rider_WV's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Leon, WV
Oddometer: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigborefan View Post
You guys just don't understand JS7. He races for race wins, not titles. He don't race for second, he don't race for third, he races for wins.

Since he had bent bars and was not gonna win, in his mind, the day was over, time to go to the truck.

You know he has a truck load of SX wins, but only two SX titles.

He ain't in it for titles.
Thats some Ricky Bobby Shit right there

if you aint first your last!
Rider_WV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #358
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer
 
anotherguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: the hills
Oddometer: 5,879
"Second place is just the first loser" Dale Earnhardt
__________________
A lie has no feet......it can't stand alone.............
Jason Newsted
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #359
Hohmie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Hohmie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Bend Or
Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
Thats some Ricky Bobby Shit right there

if you aint first your last!
Hohmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #360
rwahl
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFast View Post
I like cheering for the David's rather than the Goliaths and would like for Suzuki to do well and survive as a bike importer..we know what happened to their cars. Last year Milsaps did real well, but his team switched to KTMs, Dungy did the same, JS looks good till he crashes out of contention, Decoster's bike seems good enough to win but needs a rider capable of winning a championship. Wishing Suzuki the best....
Uh, Dungey is capable of winning a championship - check his resume.
rwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014