Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 06:20 AM   #496
barko1
barko1

Oddometer: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Stewart's pre-race interview something along the line of they haven't seen what I have to bring yet.
Post race results, still haven't seen it.

I think I'm going to have to offically quit holding out for Dungey to learn how to pass. I really like the guy and he can ride fast, really fast, but sometimes I get the feeling he wouldn't even pass me. Notice I say won't pass, not that he can't, really got frustrating watching him follow Brayton around almost 20 laps and making no attempt to pass.

But other than that there was some really good racing tonight
Both classes!

Well Stewart in 4th isn't too shabby, he didn't crash! And maybe Dungey didn't pass Brayton cuz Brayton was faster
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, KDX220
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #497
shocker4her
When I am King

Oddometer: 519
Barcia gets a taste of his own medicine and he falls a part....

Dungey really needs to stop playing follower the leader....then again Tim Ferry won the 125 SX title and never won a race the whole season.

CRF450X(plated)
YZ 250
Don't blame me I didn't vote for the lawyer
shocker4her is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:55 AM   #498
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by barko1 View Post
Well Stewart in 4th isn't too shabby, he didn't crash! And maybe Dungey didn't pass Brayton cuz Brayton was faster
Dungey has somewhat of a history of closing on people, sometimes seemingly at will, and then not sealing the deal via an aggressive move in the corner either by stuffing the prey or an alternate line in the corner. as hard as it is to fathom he seems to choose to back off at crunch time. one can conclude that his 5 time world champion team manager either doesn't care, doesn't see it, or doesn't have a clue about how to get him motivated.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #499
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
People on here and other boards wonder when Supercross will take the next step to be like NFL,Napcar etc.One thing is to GET RID OF THE ANNOUNCERS!Awful and I liked R.C as a racer.I guess maybe Dungey is racing within his limits which keeps him at the front but doesn't put him over the edge,risking injury(more than normal).I wish he'd go for it more often,He has the speed,but is he the point man now?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:56 AM   #500
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,235
I thought that RD's pass on Barcia showed some aggression, but that seemed to be all the fight he had in him. I can only assume that he thought that passing Brayton may require him to make a move that would put him on the ground and leave him in a hole point-wise. From a spectators stand point, it would be nice to see him stop thinking so much, and just stuff it in there, but he won his titles by riding smart and staying healthy.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #501
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,793
>"I like the split screen, if you're at the races you don't just watch one little group of riders"

Ditto on that...

ARRRGEEE !!!! FN Toyota commercials... I bloody close my eyes. NEVER BUY A TOYOTA.

TwilightZone screwed with this post 01-12-2014 at 09:13 AM
TwilightZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #502
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Stewart's pre-race interview something along the line of they haven't seen what I have to bring yet.
Post race results, still haven't seen it.

I think I'm going to have to offically quit holding out for Dungey to learn how to pass. I really like the guy and he can ride fast, really fast, but sometimes I get the feeling he wouldn't even pass me. Notice I say won't pass, not that he can't, really got frustrating watching him follow Brayton around almost 20 laps and making no attempt to pass.

But other than that there was some really good racing tonight
Both classes!

That's easy to say,and Dungey should maybe take more chances and dive in. But they did keep Posting Brayton's lap times as the fastest from time to time,he was not going at all slow ever.
I dont remember Brayton ever going as fast as he was last night,and on a Yamaha yet!

The 250 guys dont mind dive bombing guys on corners or where ever,they are desperate and take themselves out sometimes,Dungey doesnt want to do that.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #503
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Dungey has somewhat of a history of closing on people, sometimes seemingly at will, and then not sealing the deal via an aggressive move in the corner either by stuffing the prey or an alternate line in the corner. as hard as it is to fathom he seems to choose to back off at crunch time. one can conclude that his 5 time world champion team manager either doesn't care, doesn't see it, or doesn't have a clue about how to get him motivated.
In last weeks Dungey interview,they did ask him about the stories of Roger yelling at him to pass someone,Ryan said yep but Roger only means well and is a great guy. Ive seen Ryan D follow so many guys for so long now,I was amazed the way he zapped Barcia last night.
But that was it.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #504
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
In last weeks Dungey interview,they did ask him about the stories of Roger yelling at him to pass someone,Ryan said yep but Roger only means well and is a great guy. Ive seen Ryan D follow so many guys for so long now,I was amazed the way he zapped Barcia last night.
But that was it.
I wonder if his contract aside from the obvious bonus for a championship still rewards 2nd, 3rd, etc end of season results.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #505
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
RV won, but he sure didn't check out like he did last year.
Could be that he didn't "check out" because he raced to the front from midpack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Moen View Post
I can only assume that he thought that passing Brayton may require him to make a move that would put him on the ground and leave him in a hole point-wise. From a spectators stand point, it would be nice to see him stop thinking so much, and just stuff it in there, but he won his titles by riding smart and staying healthy.

This. - He is one point back from Villopoto. If you can win a championship by letting others falter, you might as well. It is his only real hope against RV.

zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:36 AM   #506
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolbath View Post
I'm down in the trenches with the camera gear tomorrow night for the Phoenix race.

S.C.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #507
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,799
That divebombing it the corners stuff. Man, you really have to be careful. F'ers come flying in from behind you and smash into you or your rear wheel.

I'd put sharp pointy things on my elbow pads to keep em off...
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #508
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,793
>"RV won, but he sure didn't check out like he did last year."

IMHO: New mature rider.

Get in front, spread out a distance from 2nd place, then back off to finish the race. They are riding so close to the edge of control.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:44 PM   #509
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,310
Split screen is good to use to cover multiple points of good action...and it's way, way better than just parking on a single shot of the leader cruising way out front (as Speed was prone to do).

Dungey definitely needs to put more emphasis on passing...that's no revelation. That doesn't mean he needs to take big risks and clean people out; he just needs to commit and go by. The upside is he remains safe and consistent, and crashes less often than RV and James S. The downside is his main competitor in the points race does not wait to pass. I actually see a strong parallel in Dungey's way of racing to my own brother's career racing dirt track cars; he won lots of races and multiple championships...but it would have been more had he passed more aggressively rather than patiently waiting for prime opportunities. Risk vs reward.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #510
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post

Where are the Yamaha engineer haters now? Brayton ( and his bike) looked awful smooth.
One good race. He and the bike looked solid. Let's see if that continues. I still won't buy one until they come to their senses.

I thought Dungey made a few pretty solid passes. Yes, he took too long to do it, but he showed a little bit of fight. Then Brayton simply picked up the pace.

RD is 1 point out of the points lead.

That was a tough track. Staying conservative paid off in the end.

Let's hope for some flowing tracks to come. They are more fun to watch, for me.