Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #646
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
Aldon has 1st and 2nd place in the points standings.
there is no denying his approach of latching onto proven national and world champions and riding that gravy train works.

for Aldon.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #647
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
JS got on the gas and moving ahead of RV again, his left leg got caught in the back of RV's tire and pulled up against the back of RV's forks, that yanked RV's tire and put him on the ground. JS wasn't kicking RV's bike down, his leg just got caught up because of RV's pass attempt, and JS is lucky his leg didn't get caught worse than it was...another leg injury would suck for him.

I hope there are some still pics of the incident, or word from Stewart. - I looked at the recording quite a few times and IMHO it looks like James put his boot on the side of Villopoto's fork and pushed off. I don't think that his foot went between the tire and forks.
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #648
Trailing Jack
Dr. Acula

Oddometer: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen View Post
I hope there are some still pics of the incident, or word from Stewart. - I looked at the recording quite a few times and IMHO it looks like James put his boot on the side of Villopoto's fork and pushed off. I don't think that his foot went between the tire and forks.
Pretty sure his foot got sucked into RV's forks.
Emig pointed it out during the broadcast, showing it in slo mo.
Trailing Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #649
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,107
Quote:
RV tried to make a firm block pass, similar to other passes he makes all the time, only he didn't get far enough in front and JS was moving too fast to make that pass totally clean. JS was on the gas and RV lost enough momentum that I don't think RV would have come out in front anyway; when JS got on the gas and moving ahead of RV again, his left leg got caught in the back of RV's tire and pulled up against the back of RV's forks, that yanked RV's tire and put him on the ground. JS wasn't kicking RV's bike down, his leg just got caught up because of RV's pass attempt, and JS is lucky his leg didn't get caught worse than it was...another leg injury would suck for him.
Well, we can argue all day about what he did...only he knows what he was really trying to do. All the racing I've been watching, RV makes those real quick pivot turns and totally avoids contact if he can... he does not generally do block passes like the 250 guys do or Bam Bam sometimes does... RV is a veteran and knows that there is a good chance he can go down (or both riders can go down) so thats why he does those sharp pivot turns and gets on the gas quickly.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #650
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailing Jack View Post
Pretty sure his foot got sucked into RV's forks.
Emig pointed it out during the broadcast, showing it in slo mo.
Yeah, I recorded the live broadcast and heard what they said. - If you look at James leg it doesn't get jerked around like it was stuck. He puts his leg up and it comes down on the outside of RV's fork, then he pushes off and RV's front twists and washes out.
Just the way I see it.

I'm not saying James pushed him down intentionally, but that he was bracing himself from a fall.
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #651
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
This was just like, lol smashing into u coming through oops

If Dungey can just learn the second half of that move, he will be on to something.

I was bummed to see him go down while leading. He didn't seen to have any confidence in that whoop section after that.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #652
pete40
Life Behind Bars

Oddometer: 1,238
Congrats Reedy!!!

We are going off big time over here in Oz I tell you - that was brilliant stuff. Reedy has still got it.
pete40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #653
Silver
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
If Dungey can just learn the second half of that move, he will be on to something.

I was bummed to see him go down while leading. He didn't seen to have any confidence in that whoop section after that.
Watching it again I can't tell if it was Poto who got squirreled up and hit Dungy or if Dungy just barrelled into him. It's obvious that poto wasn't in control even before Dungy bashed him.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:21 PM   #654
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,769
Quote:
RV tried to make a firm block pass, similar to other passes he makes all the time, only he didn't get far enough in front and JS was moving too fast to make that pass totally clean. JS was on the gas and RV lost enough momentum that I don't think RV would have come out in front anyway; when JS got on the gas and moving ahead of RV again, his left leg got caught in the back of RV's tire and pulled up against the back of RV's forks, that yanked RV's tire and put him on the ground. JS wasn't kicking RV's bike down, his leg just got caught up because of RV's pass attempt, and JS is lucky his leg didn't get caught worse than it was...another leg injury would suck for him.
Thank you for stating that. It is exactly why I saw and the guys commentted on.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 2
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #655
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,044
I really enjoyed last nights race. I really don't have a favorite rider or brand so I root for good racing. I was hoping for a Stewart win just because I like him and really appreciate the fact that he has not let the racism he fought against become an issue. But was loving Reed closing on the field. No one has put up as much of his own money to make it happen. He could have retired rich and been happy, he is slowly losing his fortune to prove he still has it and last night he did.
Good to see Dungey fighting to pass and I think it was a case of a Poto bobble and an aggressive RD.
Best supercross I have seen in years for a bunch of reasons.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #656
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,492
What a great race! I think Roger told 'em to use the chrome horn in the KTM meeting this week?!? And it is great to see Reed when he is "on", I wasn't sure it could still happen? But when he feels it, he can take your breath away!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #657
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
I really enjoyed last nights race. I really don't have a favorite rider or brand so I root for good racing. I was hoping for a Stewart win just because I like him and really appreciate the fact that he has not let the racism he fought against become an issue. But was loving Reed closing on the field. No one has put up as much of his own money to make it happen. He could have retired rich and been happy, he is slowly losing his fortune to prove he still has it and last night he did.
Good to see Dungey fighting to pass and I think it was a case of a Poto bobble and an aggressive RD.
Racism? Really? Stewart is one of the most popular riders there is.

Why is he losing money? If Stewart is losing money where does that put guys like MA800 or Short?

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #658
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
Racism? Really? Stewart is one of the most popular riders there is.

Why is he losing money? If Stewart is losing money where does that put guys like MA800 or Short?

I believe he meant Reed spending/losing his own money, those 3 are all on salary and Stewart's is still 7 figures with some large bonuses.

I believe Reed is in a much better position this season over last with the Discount Tire deal.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #659
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
You think Reed is losing money? From what all I read I doubt it. He's supposedly a pretty shrew businessman.

Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #660
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
there is no denying his approach of latching onto proven national and world champions and riding that gravy train works.

for Aldon.
You sure got a h@$d-on for Aldon. Did he still your girlfriend or something? Kick you dog maybe?

I see your argument in a way. RC, Stewie, and RV. All bad-ass riders even before Aldon came on board. Seems only Stewie didn't care for the program though.

Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote