Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #781
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
Dungey will be on a different team next year.

He's Roger's Jeff Ward, and a marketing dream for the youth program, he ain't goin' nowhere.

The Red Bull deal also limits his options, just like JS.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #782
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
I was there Flug, it happened. And not just Brayton. It happened a couple of times where the other rider got a huge run at him in the whoops and made the inside pass in the turn after the whoops. Dungey however would know it as happening and would square the turn and dive back under the other rider to re-pass. He was then able to stretch a little gap over the course of a lap, until they got back to the whoops.
Not sure if you can blame the KTM for going slower in the whoops,Roczen seems to flit through them just fine,as do the 250 KTM's.

You can kinda see Dungey just doesnt have the intensity except in short bursts,he likes to be smooth. RV hits the gate flatout intending to win and its easy to tell hes at the edge when he needs to be.

Stewart wants to finish some races,no way to do well on the ground.

I hope Chad wins!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is hauling ass.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #783
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
I was there Flug, it happened. And not just Brayton. It happened a couple of times where the other rider got a huge run at him in the whoops and made the inside pass in the turn after the whoops. Dungey however would know it as happening and would square the turn and dive back under the other rider to re-pass. He was then able to stretch a little gap over the course of a lap, until they got back to the whoops.
Interesting. It's almost impossible to see this level of detail on TV. Dungey has been saying (complaining?) they are working on his suspension, it's been sounding like he isn't confident enough in his suspension to really hammer it through the whoops.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:25 AM   #784
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Research Rat View Post
MM Honda? Maybe there will be a spot open if Barcia doesn't step up the consistency.
There may be more than spots open. MM is for sale for $500,000,000. If it sells who knows what that could mean for Honda's SX/MX endeavors.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #785
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,985
Quote:
After Oakland, Poto is opening up the gap to 2nd, 7 points separate he and Reed. 2nd through 5th is tightly clustered with a six point spread, it's really up for grabs.
It's more than you could ask for as a fan. When you consider Reed/Stewart running strong and Canard/Tomac/Milsapps all hopefully coming back asap this may end up being the season for the ages.

So what is the general consensus on the new 450 format with taking the top 4 and running semi's plus the LCQ. I think it's great and should continue to provide better racing where the 4/5 riders duke it out.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #786
Research Rat
thrasher

Oddometer: 698
This is turning out to be an excellent season for the fans. We keep hearing the tracks are more difficult/technical than in years past so that likely has a big role with minimizing the point spread at the top of the pack. It could be that riders did their homework over the off-season.

The new seeding process does create more intensity in the heats. Case in point, Dungey taking out Tickle in the last turn of the heat a few weeks back. The introduction of the semi was to provide more exposure to riders deeper in the ride list, and yet here we are still talking about the top 6. To be honest, without a big name in the semi I find I skip it. I'm not sure if we've yet seen any come from behind stories, where a race winner had to come up through the semi to podium. When that happens, the announcers will surely thank the new format for making that happening.

-Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
It's more than you could ask for as a fan. When you consider Reed/Stewart running strong and Canard/Tomac/Milsapps all hopefully coming back asap this may end up being the season for the ages.

So what is the general consensus on the new 450 format with taking the top 4 and running semi's plus the LCQ. I think it's great and should continue to provide better racing where the 4/5 riders duke it out.
Research Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:01 AM   #787
Research Rat
thrasher

Oddometer: 698
Agreed, although I suppose you could also argue the same about Roczen.

So what's the skinny on why Dungey would depart the team? He worked with Decoster at Suzuki, and then Decoster brought him to KTM. I don't read into how Decoster could be a reason, unless there is more to the story.

The suspension? It's not like last season where he blew out the air shock in the first race. He's sitting in 4th place and posed to do quite well in the rest of the series.

Is his contract up at the end of this year?
-Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
He's Roger's Jeff Ward, and a marketing dream for the youth program, he ain't goin' nowhere.

Research Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #788
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,333
Quote:
... I'm not sure if we've yet seen any come from behind stories, where a race winner had to come up through the semi to podium. ...
Maybe not in the new format, but at A3 last year, Dungey DNFed his heat due to the air shock failure, came through the LCQ (which had it's own challenges), and then won the main. It can happen.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #789
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

This, three top tier riders not even on the track and we still have 6-7 riders capable of winning. If Villipoto will give those other guys a break that is.

Word here is that Carnard isn't going to be ready until after Dallas. Surely he will make the Honda look better than Barcia has been doing.

Quote:
what is the general consensus on the new 450 format with taking the top 4 and running semi's plus the LCQ. I think it's great and should continue to provide better racing where the 4/5 riders duke it out.
I'm liking the new format, I think it will be even better in person. I'm betting that we'll see a winner come through a semi more than once this season. I'll be at Dallas to check it out, maybe Houston or St. Louis also if I can get my riding buddy to go and share some costs.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #790
RockBreaker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Maybe it's time for KTM to loose Decoster.
RockBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #791
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockBreaker View Post
That isn't happening any time soon.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #792
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,412
2014 AMA Supercross Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post

I think they are more interested in KR 94
Old 01-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #793
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockBreaker View Post
What is your reasoning on this statement?
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #794
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
I think they are more interested in KR 94
Pretty sure of this, after all they sent him (let him) go to Aldon Baker training camp!

Old 01-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #795
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,333
Geeze, all this KTM/Dungey/DeCoster talk...we're not even close to silly season. But I see no real reason why any of them would want to part ways with the others at this time.

It's quite possible - maybe even probable - that KTM will get win it's first U.S.supercross championship this year, either in the 450s or 250s; this is a prospect that excites me greatly. I do like KTM as a manufacturer, but moreso I like that there is a viable option beyond the just the Japanese 4. Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki seem to me to just produce me too bikes...different versions of vanilla with sprinkles. KTM and Yamaha are more like a vanilla with a chocolate or strawberry swirl - neopolitan even - still with sprinkles.

Now I want ice cream.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote