Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Oddometer: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawkChief View Post
Safe travels Sandman. if you haven't settled on a house yet look at the east side there are plenty of new neighborhoods that adjoin the Desert so you can ride out straight from your garage.

you might try cross posting in the rockies sub-forum thats where most of us from the el paso an surrounding areas hangout as el paso is more aligned with that region.
@blackhawkchief, I'll check out that forum. Were in the process of closing a house right now. All my wifes friends from civil affairs are living on the west end... So thats where our house is now. We almost closed on a house in the north east but then backed out last minute. Our new house backs up to the franklin mountians and this one has a 3 car garage so its a win win for me. I need a battery in the ktm and a little tlc before ill be ready to ride. And all my riding gear is in army storage. But i need to find legal-ish areas to ride asap! I have cabin fever from living in a hotel for the last month!
1978 Batavus 48
MrSandman818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #17
mojonito
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I live on the west side closer to the mountains. Where are you? I'm going out in the dirt this weekend
Old 03-03-2014, 07:03 AM   #18
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojonito View Post
I live on the west side closer to the mountains. Where are you? I'm going out in the dirt this weekend
I live on the west side too. At the top of Helen of Troy. My yz still needs some cab work. The KTM 950 has a street tire on the front an. Bald knobbie on the back. I could take the 950 if it's not too soft and nasty. What do you ride and what's the terrain like?
1978 Batavus 48
Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #19
mojonito
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
You would definitely need your yz. Its all sandy whoops and single track.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #20
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojonito View Post
You would definitely need your yz. Its all sandy whoops and single track.
Sounds good. The yz' carb is all torn down and cleaned. Just gotta get in a few of the ports. I put it in a vibrating tumbler with crushed walnut shells so it's nice and shiney. But some of the walnut shells got jammed in some small tubes. So I was picking them out all last night. I have be rebuild kit in my hands right now. Once I get everything cleaned out then going back together is the easy part. What day/time were you wanting to ride? My number is (818)-468-2201 and my real name is chris.
1978 Batavus 48
Old 03-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #21
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

taking the 950 out friday night to some drag strip east of here. I forgot the name. a friend has a built evo 10 and wanted to run it. Since my MG Midget isnt done yet ill settle for taking the 950 down. Never raced on a track before so this should be interesting. Done plenty of street racing though.

What day this weekend are you going dirt biking? also what times? if im gonna be gone all day then im gonna have to take the dogs in to daycare, those hellions destroy they house every damn time. and if their in the back yard then the back door gets raped and the little one digs his way to china and gets out in 20 seconds flat.
1978 Batavus 48
Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #22
GorillaSkinz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Hey, what's up Chris..

Those look like some kick ass rides you posted pics of.. hopefully we'll get one goin here soon..

I was looking at a map, and looks like there's a dirt road that goes up from east El Paso to Cloudcroft, that might be worth looking into for a day trip or something..

and hey, ever been up to sturgis?? I have a few buddies at work that are planning on going this year.. I'm prob gonna join them on that ride.

-Adam
GorillaSkinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #23
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSkinz View Post
Hey, what's up Chris..

Those look like some kick ass rides you posted pics of.. hopefully we'll get one goin here soon..

I was looking at a map, and looks like there's a dirt road that goes up from east El Paso to Cloudcroft, that might be worth looking into for a day trip or something..

and hey, ever been up to sturgis?? I have a few buddies at work that are planning on going this year.. I'm prob gonna join them on that ride.

-Adam

Hey Adam- thanks dude. Sometimes you gotta get a little inspiration to get ya off your butt and go ride. I'll do that from time to time. That road sounds sweet. A ranger from cloud croft told me that there's times of great riding up there. The wild flowers should be in bloom very soon. Makes for some beautiful scenery and great photo ops!

Never been to sturgis. That's one Long, flat, straight road to amature hour. I hear there's nothing but drama up there and it's over crowded and expensive for camping space or lodging. I wouldn't mind doin it once for te bucket list. But thousands of pavement queens that got trailered there that's owned buy a guy who doesn't ride it but thinks he's a 1% because he watched every episode of sons of anarchy will make me loose it. A lot of guys dump buku bucks on machines that don't get ridden. I just don't get it. That's probably me just getting grumpy and old.
1978 Batavus 48
Old 05-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #24
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Wicked Ride Update

We have a ride tomorrow with JonU and friends. Starting at montana and ending at I-10. Should be a 45 minute ride. Ride starts at 11:00am saturday. My number is 818-468-2201 if theres anyone wanting to join.
1978 Batavus 48
Old 06-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #25
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Ride Report

Had a good ride with Tim, JonU and Friends. Rode from montana ave to Cattlemans Steakhouse off road. JonU said he was feeling better, needed a few stitches after a nice little yard sale. Hope the repairs wont be too expensive!

I definitly need new tires. Mine kept spinning and going over 85 on gravel was a challange! When I get the new tires in ill do a nice smokey burnout.Hope my neighbors wont mind :)

1978 Batavus 48
Old 06-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #26
ephotrod
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Fellow inmate from El Paso also on the westside. I'm fairly new to the site and haven't been riding long. I have a KLR650 and a yz250f (maybe selling this one soon). I'm looking to ride out to kilborns hole in the next month or two.
Josh
915-227-1039
ephotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #27
ChrisSRT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
I'm just getting back into riding off road again, 03 640 adv, in Horizon. Like to join you'll on a future ride.
ChrisSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #28
SquatBirdJunior
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Going out West(county road 014) on Thursday, testing my new back tire. Maybe testing me. I need more time behind the bars. I might carry all my gear to see how my bike/me handles it. I'm pretty much up for any time, also.

SquatBirdJunior screwed with this post 06-03-2014 at 06:56 PM Reason: wording
SquatBirdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #29
MrSandman818 OP
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Most excellent. Im out of town for the next couple of weeks, then Im going to California for a week for vacation, then off to more out of town stuff. I don't know if I'll be able to get many rides in since i'll have only a few days downtime.
1978 Batavus 48
Old 06-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #30
Jcu572
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Let's ride

Looking for a group to ride with just upgraded to a new klr and want to get it off-road. Anyone want to ride in July ?
Jcu572 is offline   Reply With Quote