User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #16
DocAxeYarYar
RideDualSport.com

Oddometer: 772
Rtb 4!

So I got a late start, about 10 AM because since I waited to put my new tire on until the night before, I pinched my tube of course. But that's because I neglected to use the right technique, putting a softly inflated tube in the tire, then putting the rim on.

So, based on some old tracks from Mudclod, and some other older RTB tracks I put together a route that unbeknown to me ran me right throught the middle of Fort Hood! None of these roads were closed, and I only came on to a couple of uniformed guys at one check point where I had to turn around. Along the side of the road were big muddy tank tracks and I also passed numerous training and shooting ranges.

The ride up was perfect, clear just a bit chilly the bike very happy. All the rain really greened up the fields! While my route up was mostly
paved, they were excellent back roads with no traffic!

Roll the Bones HQ, just off of Hyway 22, is an excellent location! Its at the edge of Lake Whitney, which is way down maybe 20 feet off normal.
Little Rocky Lodge and Resort was our party palace for the weekend, and the owner, who is Eastern European was excited to have all these bikes in!
This venue is real cozy and comfortable making for some great socializing and hanging out.
The turn in is a bit hard to spot, and its a short jaunt down a residential street before you it the Lodge at the end of the road.
The cabins were built in the 1950s, there is room for camping, and the cooking/hang out spot is centrally located. Word is this has been quite the
location for folks from Dallas to come down and fish, for years and years.

GhostRider and his crew served up some awesome food, it was no disappointment! What a bargan, GhostRider really shows a ton of Texas style hospitality.

F-You to, MoFo' Nuthin like a good ADV salute to make your day!

I rolled out real early, like 7:30 while SOG read the riot act to the other inmates at the riders meeting....I was specting to get over run
by hoards of DS riders, but I was on my own most all the way! The riding is a great mix of back country paved roads, graded gravel,
actual dirt roads, and a couple of major mud pits, which I managed to avoid.

I enjoyed this dirt road that turned off between some fields, it reminded me of far West Texas!

Numerous dual sport riders checked into this nice spot, and were greeting by one lone cook/waitress who said everyone else that works there
got so drunk the night before, she was the only one that came in....she made a call and dragged the owner in....the burgers were good home style cookin
from what I heard.

I managed to make it to Loco Coyote BBQ, and met up with some riders. Its some of the best BBQ Ive had and the service is very friendly. Warning the portions are Texas size and
will leave you in a coma. I had to take half back for dinner later! http://www.letseat.at/lococoyotegrill

On Steiner Valley Ranch I ran into this couple on their BMW side hack rig, the road on the Rance is excellent, beautiful views.

I managed to snap a few other riders too:

Sweet rusty tractor, some how kind of fits with my XRR, both are at home in rural Texas.

Recent rains made the roads perfect, and greened up things, along with some nice wild flowers.

Back at the crib, things were rocking and rolling....SoloRider has his Ural really sorted now!

The sexist bike, a very awesome Rothmans decked out TransAlp! The owner actually found it on Ebay, and later scored a matching Rothmans leather jacket.

Good to see some great friends and people rocking the RDS beanies!

Of course Brad broke out the Cowboy wok, getting everyone breakfast then teaching his skills class for anyone that wanted in the sand pit!

Part of the crew that put on such a great event!

The weather held out till later Sat night when big thunderstorms, lighting hit.....enough shelter was available, and the rain got real heavy
at night....pounding down with thunder and lightening! My tent held up well a small wet spot in the end where my bag was pushed up
on at the end, but I stayed dry. In the morning Starbucks Via powered coffee was a life saver!

GhostRider really has turned on a lot of people to some hidden gems in Texas. Fantastic roads, no traffic, and lots of great people to hang out with!
Lets pitch in and help make it happen again next year!

DocAxeYarYar screwed with this post 10-27-2013 at 08:20 PM
DocAxeYarYar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #17
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 2,296
More video. This time some KLR's and a couple of small bike working their way up the hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2YI...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:09 AM   #18
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Here's the intrepid travler on his dl650 working his way up Arkysaw Hill.

If you missed the chance to talk to him you missed out. He's supposed to be making a ride report. Or at least I think we talked him into it.

He said something about being on the road for 3 months at some point and when asked how he was going home he said, "I'm not." This guy is livin' it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRqzIZSS0f4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]RTB IV: V-Strom goes up Arkysaw Hill.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

In OTHER news I talked to Slowoldguy last night and we schemed up a couple of treacherous ideas for the little bikes and those making the cry for more technical terrain.

In short RTB V will be amazing and include something we've never before.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #19
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
Here's the intrepid travler on his dl650 working his way up Arkysaw Hill.

If you missed the chance to talk to him you missed out. He's supposed to be making a ride report. Or at least I think we talked him into it.

He said something about being on the road for 3 months at some point and when asked how he was going home he said, "I'm not." This guy is livin' it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRqzIZSS0f4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]RTB IV: V-Strom goes up Arkysaw Hill.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

In OTHER news I talked to Slowoldguy last night and we schemed up a couple of treacherous ideas for the little bikes and those making the cry for more technical terrain.

In short RTB V will be amazing and include something we've never before.
SHHHHH...My young Padawan...such secrets are not yet ready to be revealed
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #20
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
SHHHHH...My young Padawan...such secrets are not yet ready to be revealed
You all but annpunced it at the rally but I ain't sayin no more until the last weekend in October 2014 other than it's my personal goal to see how big bike unfriendly I can make next years dirty raid.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #21
mtnbikeboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
You all but annpunced it at the rally but I ain't sayin no more until the last weekend in October 2014 other than it's my personal goal to see how big bike unfriendly I can make next years dirty raid.

What about medium bike friendly?
mtnbikeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
mtnbikeboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Thanks to all the (dis)organizers for a great rally. It was our first one ever, and we definitely enjoyed ourselves. We hope to make it back next year.

The only small critique I would have is possibly a tent for congregating in inclement weather and/or better advertising of the kitchen area for congregating.
mtnbikeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #23
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbikeboy View Post
Thanks to all the (dis)organizers for a great rally. It was our first one ever, and we definitely enjoyed ourselves. We hope to make it back next year.

The only small critique I would have is possibly a tent for congregating in inclement weather and/or better advertising of the kitchen area for congregating.
I hear you loud and clear We had a pavillion at the back too that was not used but no cooking area there.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #24
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Just a note to ALL...this is your ADV rally!!!!! do not be afraid to volunteer...all help will be appreciated. Also feel free to contact with ideas or suggestions.
I need a graphic design artist for RTB logo 2014
LOGO selected gets FREE Registration!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #25
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

A couple more videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni7i...e_gdata_player

Brad makes it look easy on the CRF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYAn...e_gdata_player

Another fall on the hill.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #26
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Quote:
Front page material.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #27
DRZBRI
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Just a note to ALL...this is your ADV rally!!!!! do not be afraid to volunteer...all help will be appreciated. Also feel free to contact with ideas or suggestions.
I need a graphic design artist for RTB logo 2014
LOGO selected gets FREE Registration!!!

I say you just use the pic of the buried Tenere with the rider standing over it. Just replace the rider with a skeleton. That pic will be famous for a while anyway.

08 R1200GS
98 VTR1000f
07 DRZ400s
DRZBRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #28
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,367
Ghostrider and some of the crew doing a fantstic job of cooking a GREAT meal for everyone.

Ridden so many bikes I lost count ! ! !
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #29
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Me and my band of misfits on the old bridge at Brazos Point. We couldn't get the bikes up there to take a picture with them because the state had steel barriers up.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #30
bigdave-gs
Explorer

My nephew Wyatt at Loco Coyote. At 5'10" and 121 lbs he orders the LARGE Chicken Fried Steak and then eats the whole damn thing.....Jeez, where the hell did he put it ?