ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #1576
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticGS View Post
Sounds good Joel. I'll make sure I take the side route to Barker Ranch, and we should meet somewhere along the way.

since you're riding the rally berg, do you want me to bring fuel and the crew.....

calling hotmammaandme to the white courtesy phone....
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #1577
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post

finn, always a pleasure having you guys around. you and nancy are good supporters of this event, how can i resist.

thanks for leading the rides. i heard scubalong changed his mind, now he wants to come.....

folks, you may want to check out how finn packs his gear. don't know anyone else who can do it and go for weeks.

My pleasure Joel! Thanks for having us.

For those experienced riders wanting to come on my Sunset Ride, there will be an alternative route too....

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:01 AM   #1578
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Its full but u could sweep...
Probably best, i can help all you bOoB riders pick your shit up

RIDE ON!
Old 02-22-2014, 06:45 AM   #1579
Perkio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
I had PM'd the leader but didn't hear back.
My brother in law doesn't ride but we Jeep & camp together all the time.
He had offered to come up and stay in camp as a helper and/or watchdog.
we have an 80 gallon fuel tank in my flat trailer Plus multiple 33 gallon fuel drums that we could have bring.
It maybe too late for him to get vacation time now, but I figured I'd ask again to get a yes or no answer to close the discussion.

He'd need a spot to dry camp his motorhome my 18 foot trailer and his Jeep if he can get the time off.
I don't know how he would transport fuel drums out to the run points but perhaps somebody else has a truck that could do that.
Perkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:18 AM   #1580
Amishflyer01D
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Last year I fell out last minute because of a military TDY. If there are any last minute spots that open up I would be interested.

Brad - AmishFlyer01D - MC3 - D3 - 1200GS
Amishflyer01D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #1581
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer: 2,634
Im still here El Guapo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
since you're riding the rally berg, do you want me to bring fuel and the crew.....

calling hotmammaandme to the white courtesy phone....

El Guapo sorry for the scarce posts ive had some health issues this winter. Let me know what I can do to help. Good to see the Rally Berg.

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #1582
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkio View Post
I had PM'd the leader but didn't hear back.
My brother in law doesn't ride but we Jeep & camp together all the time.
He had offered to come up and stay in camp as a helper and/or watchdog.
we have an 80 gallon fuel tank in my flat trailer Plus multiple 33 gallon fuel drums that we could have bring.
It maybe too late for him to get vacation time now, but I figured I'd ask again to get a yes or no answer to close the discussion.

He'd need a spot to dry camp his motorhome my 18 foot trailer and his Jeep if he can get the time off.
I don't know how he would transport fuel drums out to the run points but perhaps somebody else has a truck that could do that.

i think it was me who got your PM. my apology for not responding. i have over 100 unread emails from 3 years ago to now. if times allow, i only respond to urgent or dire messages. don't have access to adv during the working hours. our IT department caught up with me and blocked off the site.

really hate to turn someone who's willing to help. sorry, we don't really have any room in the campground for a truck and trailer. next year, be quick and reserve an rv site when we post the 2015 dvnr thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amishflyer01D View Post
Last year I fell out last minute because of a military TDY. If there are any last minute spots that open up I would be interested.

Brad - AmishFlyer01D - MC3 - D3 - 1200GS

hi brad, too bad you missed last year, but you did a good service to our country. i will let you know once an opening comes up. no guarantee but should be easy since you're RIDING IN and will not take a lot of space.

pls. check your PM regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmamaandme View Post
El Guapo sorry for the scarce posts ive had some health issues this winter. Let me know what I can do to help. Good to see the Rally Berg.
cory, hope you'll have your A-game by end of next month. let's plan on meeting larry near mengel. i would like to think we can go as far as the cabins but that will put me farther and leave less time to get back on camp. i said 3pm, i will turn around. more like 2pm now. let's see.

hasta la vista

el guapo y listo
Old 02-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #1583
Ricorider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Any space left for last minute Noob?

NSFW,

I just got wind of this event and would love to join. I understand space may be an issue so no expectations. I would be riding in solo and looking to find space for one small tent.

I am a noob for DV but I experienced at group rides/rallys/forest roads. I currently ride a Triumph Tiger 1050 with Michelin PR3's but if you offered me space I'd shoe on some 70/30 tires and see what the old girl can do.

Thanks,

Rich
Los altos, CA
Ricorider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #1584
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricorider View Post
NSFW,

I just got wind of this event and would love to join. I understand space may be an issue so no expectations. I would be riding in solo and looking to find space for one small tent.

I am a noob for DV but I experienced at group rides/rallys/forest roads. I currently ride a Triumph Tiger 1050 with Michelin PR3's but if you offered me space I'd shoe on some 70/30 tires and see what the old girl can do.

Thanks,

Rich
Los altos, CA
another one riding IN...cool...

hi rich, i surely will keep brad and you in mind and will PM you once i got good news.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #1585
RED05
Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 134
Early start

Driving down from Canada and stopping in Moab to hit White Rim Trail(6hrs) on Saturday 22nd if anyone is in that area and wants to join. We will be at Panamint Springs by Sunday Afternoon 23rd will probably do a quick trip up to Darwin, on Monday will probably do a trip out to Barker Ranch - Mengle Pass. Tuesday maybe Lippincott - race trac, wednsday maybe Cerro Gordo - Lone pine - flexible for any of the days if anyone is out early and wants to join us we are only a group of three on 450cc - 800cc bikes. Very excited to get back there ! Alan Kramer is with us again knows the area very well - and we always ride with full medical kit/ALS medic.

I will leave an AED at Panamint Springs Campground once the Rally Begins if needed please feel free to use. I will have to organize where will be the best place to keep it.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:07 PM   #1586
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED05 View Post
Driving down from Canada and stopping in Moab to hit White Rim Trail(6hrs) on Saturday 22nd if anyone is in that area and wants to join. We will be at Panamint Springs by Sunday Afternoon 23rd will probably do a quick trip up to Darwin, on Monday will probably do a trip out to Barker Ranch - Mengle Pass. Tuesday maybe Lippincott - race trac, wednsday maybe Cerro Gordo - Lone pine - flexible for any of the days if anyone is out early and wants to join us we are only a group of three on 450cc - 800cc bikes. Very excited to get back there ! Alan Kramer is with us again knows the area very well - and we always ride with full medical kit/ALS medic.

I will leave an AED at Panamint Springs Campground once the Rally Begins if needed please feel free to use. I will have to organize where will be the best place to keep it.
Greetings Rob and Alan,

Will be riding out in the am on Mon. the 24th, going to many of same places but much slower than you. You have the AED, I'll have an extra tube, hope we don't need either.
C U guys at PS.

heirhead aka David
heirhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:51 PM   #1587
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,543
Im in Finn

RIDE ON!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:45 PM   #1588
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED05 View Post

hey rob, slow down. you guys would have ridden the entire death valley and surrounding areas by the time we show our faces on thursday....

great to have you guys there and thanks again for bringing the KIT....and i have to google AED...http://www.firstaid-supply.com/Indus...s-package.html

you guys don't mess around...

sent you a PM.

cheers.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #1589
THRASHED
Moving on Up

Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
My pleasure Joel! Thanks for having us.

For those experienced riders wanting to come on my Sunset Ride, there will be an alternative route too....
Just may have to do this one again. Hard riding (especially considering my experience level) but the view was totally worth it
THRASHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #1590
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Im in Finn

RIDE ON!

That looks fuuuuuuun!