ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #391
jeepdude65
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Pricing for the campsites and meals

Maybe I missed it somewhere on this thread, but I need to plan my budget for this event. I saw the camp prices on their web page but since everything is blocked for the event, what should I expect to pay approximately for camping and dinners? Any other costs associated with this event? Raffles? Donations?

I am #19-20 on the list.

Sorry if this is posted already. I am a noob to this type of event.

George
jeepdude65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #392
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
For those going to see jimmy before the rally, I highly suggest you stay at dars in parump. Shes a sweetheart and her place is very cool.

The alternative is staying at the hooker hostel. Sounds cool until you see the hosts
Old 11-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #393
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 827
Thumb Fee

I believe for three night with dinner run about $90 +/-few $$$ donation for raffles also strongly recommend
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude65 View Post
Maybe I missed it somewhere on this thread, but I need to plan my budget for this event. I saw the camp prices on their web page but since everything is blocked for the event, what should I expect to pay approximately for camping and dinners? Any other costs associated with this event? Raffles? Donations?

I am #19-20 on the list.

George
Scubalong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #394
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude65 View Post

I am #19-20 on the list.

George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubalong View Post
I believe for three night with dinner run about $90 +/-few $$$ donation for raffles also strongly recommend

sorry folks if i haven't posted any $ yet. i've been to many events and this one is the most affordable by far.

for estimate only, 3 nights: registration (included donations to corva, brc and sos) @ $25....dinner @ $65..... bike tent camping @ $30

that's dirt cheap.....

each participant gets 1-raffle ticket. people can buy more @ $10 each. this is where i make the money.....

in all seriousness, whatever money left is set aside to promote riding and camaraderie here in the west.

also just for everyone info...this event is a social gathering, there's nothing commercial, business or profitable venture in nature. we don't have insurance, so if you're the type of person who wants coverage or compensation...you have to go elsewhere

sorry, if i have to state that and nothing to do with the posting of others. we had good people particpated and great experiences in the past that we take that for granted. this event is getting bigger and i need to start taking precautions.....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #395
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
For those going to see jimmy before the rally, I highly suggest you stay at dars in parump. Shes a sweetheart and her place is very cool.

The alternative is staying at the hooker hostel. Sounds cool until you see the hosts

jeff, you talk from fresh experience....

looks like a great place to get a nice good sleep before the class...

website here...http://www.stay-at-dars.com/#!rooms
Old 11-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #396
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer View Post
Edit to add your real name and ADV name before Ersin gets up....
He's cranky when he hasn't had his coffee and it's Sunday..

He may put you out in that dreaded campsite 14 C
WHAAATTT!!!!! An other one with out a name?????? I am furious...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #397
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Talking Am I close....

Joel is it close......sorry if I am step on anyone Toe
Old 11-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #398
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

JL class

I am thinking of sign p for the class but still worry about the shoulder is not 100% heal. For those of you have take the class is it intent? If it is I will just take it easy drinking beers and hang out with the tourist group
Old 11-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #399
GasDepot
Stuck in a Cage

Oddometer: 210
Another 2 riding in from San Francisco for the extended waiting list

James - GasDepot - MC2 - D2 - Tiger 885i

and my computer / commitment challenged buddy

Russ - gelaendesport - MC2 - D2 - HP2

With the list size we may just be going solo maybe getting a shirt and seeing everyone next year.

Thanks for all the work getting this together

GasDepot screwed with this post 11-10-2013 at 12:53 PM
GasDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #400
Cody1771
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1771 View Post
throw me on the wait list, would be a fun birthday down there!

Cody M - MC2-D2-Vstrom650
better? lol
Cody1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #401
jeepdude65
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
sorry folks if i haven't posted any $ yet. i've been to many events and this one is the most affordable by far.

for estimate only, 3 nights: registration (included donations to corva, brc and sos) @ $25....dinner @ $65..... bike tent camping @ $30

that's dirt cheap.....

each participant gets 1-raffle ticket. people can buy more @ $10 each. this is where i make the money.....

in all seriousness, whatever money left is set aside to promote riding and camaraderie here in the west.

also just for everyone info...this event is a social gathering, there's nothing commercial, business or profitable venture in nature. we don't have insurance, so if you're the type of person who wants coverage or compensation...you have to go elsewhere

sorry, if i have to state that and nothing to do with the posting of others. we had good people particpated and great experiences in the past that we take that for granted. this event is getting bigger and i need to start taking precautions.....

Thanks Joel. Let us know when we have to pay for this event.

George
jeepdude65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #402
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1771 View Post
better? lol

Uh Oh,,,,, 14C here he comes...............

Cody - Cody1771 - MC2 - D2 - Vstrom650

Why the format is important for NooBs..... Ersin just has to cut and paste to his listing.... Saves a bunch of typing..

For all the NooBs that think the wait list is long.... Never fear, it is way early and there will be drop outs.. Sign up and I bet you'll get in. Especially riding in.. (They don't take much space)

Is it March yet ?
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #403
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,989
Quote:

Why the format is important for NooBs..... Ersin just has to cut and paste to his listing.... Saves a bunch of typing..

For all the NooBs that think the wait list is long.... Never fear, it is way early and there will be drop outs.. Sign up and I bet you'll get in. Especially riding in.. (They don't take much space)

Is it March yet ?
Cody is in 14F

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #404
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Scub.. I took the class and worth every pennies....
Might not be a good idea If your shoulder is not 100%. No worry, we can all hang back at spot #14
Quote:
I am thinking of sign p for the class but still worry about the shoulder is not 100% heal. For those of you have take the class is it intent? If it is I will just take it easy drinking beers and hang out with the tourist group
headstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #405
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
jimmy's core subjects are balance and control. forget about who's the fastest and who could wheelie the most.

taking jimmy's class will not make anyone a better rider the next day or week. you come home with a homework of various drills and only after you practice it becomes effective. what you learned is your lifetime companion whether you're riding alone or with your friends.

Quote:
Joel is it close......sorry if I am step on anyone Toe

not at all scub....your crash was one of the many last march. grateful that no one went to jail......

Quote:

Is it March yet ?

yes, on what jim said.

easier for us to "cut and paste" rather than go back to previous pages looking for pieces to complete the codes.

folks, when you send your payment...you will have all the correct codes or you'll see a refund on your paypal account.

the codes are pita. the easiest way is get a third party website to host the registration and paypal to send you a receipt, but these will be extra $and you will have to pay for it on top of the paypal fee.

ersin and i will deal with the codes with our own time to save you money (besides, i don't believe in paying someone a commission for our laziness).

all you participants need to do is to stop being sloppy or lazy - just provide the correct info and use the damn codes... how difficult is that?