ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #481
jlemond
King of No0bs

Oddometer: 162
Is there a maximum number of people for Jimmys 1 day Wednesday class?
jlemond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #482
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemond View Post
Is there a maximum number of people for Jimmys 1 day Wednesday class?
minimum of 10, if it's get too big, will be harder for everyone and slows down the class. i am thinking 12 will be the max.

where did you get the title "king of the noobs"......that was mine...hahaha
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #483
DoWorkSon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Are you in need of any volunteers? Whether picking up riders with broken bikes, helping with food, run the event, ect?

I have a buddy who has no bike, but is interested in coming just to check it out and enjoy the event
DoWorkSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #484
surferbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Thumb Please sign my up for the 1-day Jimmy Lewis class. I expect details to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
minimum of 10, if it's get too big, will be harder for everyone and slows down the class. i am thinking 12 will be the max.

Please sign my up for the 1-day Jimmy Lewis class. I expect details to follow.

Matt G. AKA surferbum
BT2010 - Big Trip 2010 13 days and ...
My Spot WhereAmIriding
surferbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #485
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWorkSon View Post
Are you in need of any volunteers? Whether picking up riders with broken bikes, helping with food, run the event, ect?

I have a buddy who has no bike, but is interested in coming just to check it out and enjoy the event
our top priority is to get those on waiting list IN. though, great to see more people to volunteer. remind me again on 3rd week of january.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbum View Post
Please sign my up for the 1-day Jimmy Lewis class. I expect details to follow.

Matt G. AKA surferbum
you're IN matt.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #486
SgtSmoker
Lanky, Cranky, and Stanky

Oddometer: 174
Oops

Damm... not paying attention!
Can we get on the waiting list.

Sgt Smoker & Mrs Smoker
KLR650 & KLX250
Truck
SgtSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #487
jlemond
King of No0bs

Oddometer: 162
Quote:

12 huh. That sounds good. Thinking really hard on that one.

King of noobs was given to me by a friend on the Jeep forums. He is always telling me I'm the king of noobs because I'm a smart ass and try to look up anything I want to know and start teaching/telling everyone what I know. Especially when its something that has two or more ways of doing it. I might have even been found wrong once or twice or...But you'd have to prove that
jlemond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #488
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,239
Quote:

King of noobs was given to me by a friend on the Jeep forums. He is always telling me I'm the king of noobs because I'm a smart ass and try to look up anything I want to know and start teaching/telling everyone what I know. Especially when its something that has two or more ways of doing it. I might have even been found wrong once or twice or...But you'd have to prove that

Looks like you and Joel will have to have a "Noob-off" competition. How about a race up Lippencott to see who is the true King of the Noobs?
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #489
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,999
I am back...

Thank you for the patience guys. I updated the list with all the waiting list requests and changes. Please let me know if I am missing anyone.

P.S: I am still looking for a gas cap you "waiting list people". Just saying...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #490
Super Suz
N00b with B00b

Oddometer: 1,556
Quote:
it should be the other way around...noobs get the special treatment, and it can only happen on this event.....

hi super....good to hear from ya. yes, you're energy is very contagious and awesome to have you around...

thanks for the wristband offer, prefer badges so we can put names on faces. right now, there's at least over 100 participants whom i still have to meet.

we will need printed dinner stubs for 3 nights and other misc printed materials....please.
You make the excel spreadsheet and I'll make what you need.. stubs and stuff. Let's do that in Jan or Feb? You let me know what you need. I don't have enough of those badge holder pouches, unfortunately. But we'll talk again.

Sorry not to see Sopascat even more than her brownies. And that's saying something! Miss Adventure is taking the adventure bike. I MIGHT take my street riding Vstrom like last time, though. Not sure yet. Going to read the front posts and see where we are at with payment and sign ups for dinners and whatnot.

Side note, I heard that Saline north and south is washed up. Other discussion boards have the 4x4's making it with some effort due to the washouts. Will be interesting to see what conditions the roads will be in for this event.

Lots of really cool people are attending, I see. Looking forward to this event!
Member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club. In town? Come visit us on a Weds night. We love show and tells! Want to speak about your trip or motorcycle topics in the Bay Area of Northern California? We have a club hall. IM me. If you give us enough notice and if we like your topic, you can come and speak. We have room for others to come and listen too.

Super Suz screwed with this post 11-22-2013 at 05:27 PM
Super Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #491
pandamanprod
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
In, for waiting list

Ben - pandamanprod - MC3 - D3

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #492
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,121
Quote:

That's what you call a "king of n00bs"? Other (more accurate) monikers for those personal qualities might include "pretentious know-it-all", or perhaps some other less flattering terms. Just sayin'...
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #493
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Suz View Post
You make the excel spreadsheet and I'll make what you need.. stubs and stuff. Let's do that in Jan or Feb? You let me know what you need. I don't have enough of those badge holder pouches, unfortunately. But we'll talk again.

Sorry not to see Sopascat even more than her brownies. And that's saying something! Miss Adventure is taking the adventure bike. I MIGHT take my street riding Vstrom like last time, though. Not sure yet. Going to read the front posts and see where we are at with payment and sign ups for dinners and whatnot.

Side note, I heard that Saline north and south is washed up. Other discussion boards have the 4x4's making it with some effort due to the washouts. Will be interesting to see what conditions the roads will be in for this event.

Suz! I'm sorrier than ever that I'm going to miss this one .... haven't seen you in ages!

I keep thinking maybe I'll sneak up for an evening

as far as the brownies, who knows

Old 11-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #494
GooseRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Please put me on waiting list

Morten - GooseRider - Mc3 d3
GooseRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #495
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Suz View Post

thanks sue and i'll get you the list. don't worry about the lanyard and badge holder, got that covered.

dirt or pavement, plenty of things to see and do. i owe myself a road trip too, only if i have a road bike.....

great to see a lot of familiar faces coming. awesome also to meet fresh faces, interesting people and more noobs.

lots of folks from co, wa and canada are coming.......hope we have warm weather by then for them to enjoy. last year i think it was in the 80's during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat View Post
Suz! I'm sorrier than ever that I'm going to miss this one .... haven't seen you in ages!

I keep thinking maybe I'll sneak up for an evening

as far as the brownies, who knows

brung it...go cathy go.