ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #796
Playa Cowboy
US ham radio op

Oddometer: 22
please remove me from the list (#79) - can't make it this year

Guys, I'm bailing out on this one and giving up my spot. I'm looped in with some of the NorCal guys who are coming down the following week.

So please take me off the list and let someone take my spot:
79. Mike - PlayaCowboy - CP3 (with Tuffgonger) - D3 - XR650L (#53)

Thanks and hope you all have a most excellent time. Maybe you guys will all smooth out Goler wash, so that we NorCal noobs can make it up there this year.

Mike (Playa Cowboy)
Playa Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #797
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 793
With many people dropping out, I can't wait to see how much I advance through the waitlist. At this rate, I'll probably make it in a couple of days
sarathmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #798
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathmenon View Post
With many people dropping out, I can't wait to see how much I advance through the waitlist. At this rate, I'll probably make it in a couple of days
You are almost there.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #799
fhammond
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Got space on your trailer from DV to Bay Area?

Hey Noobs,

Does anyone think they'll have a spot on a trailer in March? I have to get a bike back from Death Valley and my trailer will be full. The bike is a Husky TE250, so pretty small. I live in Oakland and I could get the bike from anyone coming back (or passing through) the Bay Area.

Thanks!
Fergus
fhammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #800
DoWorkSon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Paid!
DoWorkSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #801
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
i messed up too

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
3) another new donor supporting our cause! 1 pair of LED aux lights for the lucky raffle winner.

LEDRIDER.COM

check out....http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926884

all of them are good stuff. so, if you are in the market for things you need, please buy from vendors that support us and the motorcycling community.

thank you.

my apology to our sponsor. LEDRIDER.COM

i posted the wrong website. thanks justin for your understanding and correcting me, likewise very quick in responding to my begging.

a pair of this light is on its way to the noobs rally....

those who likes to do night rides, or always late for dinner..you should have these on your bike. i have a pair on my 640.

it also makes you visible during the day. when ersin installed the lights on his 990, i can see him from behind and gives me the assurance that someone will help me pick up my bike..

NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #802
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTL900 View Post
I'm hoping that being a total n00b on the DV n00b rally will excuse some of my inability to comprehend basic instructions, and perhaps a little of my inability to read all the posts and get it right the first time. I'm sure it's a total train wreck on your end trying to figure all this out and keep up with it.

i'm sorry. didn't mean to use you as an example (no name was mentioned). the additional pay pal fee is still cheaper than the "no headache payment" using the on line method.

i know this is going to be a lot of headache. there's an on line third party website similar to "ticket master". they will all do the collection, but it's not cheap. each participant will be paying @ $5 each just for the fees (paypal included) alone.

That will put a big ding on the $25 registration fee, wherein $15 dollars is already alloted to go to charity, so it will only leaves $5 to the organizer to cover all the other expenses including trash pick up @ $600.

Some folks think this event is expensive. I think for $100, one can camp for 3 days, have 3 good dinner in the desert, get to ride with lots of cool and helpful people, will have chances of winning fantastic raffle prizes, get to drink free beer from your neighbor, but best of all - you just made a charitable donation to 3 groups that are helping our cause.

None of the volunteers are getting paid, LOL if they get free dinner (depends on the collection)

that said, please support the people who support us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathmenon View Post
.....the remaining IN list people who haven't paid are all SOLID participants, and more likely they will send their payment in a couple of days.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #803
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

the goods just keep on coming. suspension work for your weight and riding skill is the next best thing to owning a bike. before any farkles, getting the correct suspension will make your riding better and safer.

thank you alex and konflict motor sports for your support:

$500 gift certificate from konflictmotorsports plus shirts, hats, decals, etc. (and $$ charity donation to Stewards of the Sequoias)

please check out their website and the on-going thread here....http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850957
Old 01-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #804
joefromsf
Dark Happens

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:
fixed!

your total is correct. thanks joe.

we'll do the jl class collection in feb.
Hey Joel,

My entry still hasn't turned green.

38. Joe - joefromsf - DR- TR3 - D3 - DR650 (#52)

BTW, I realized I paid by credit card and forgot to include some extra for CC fees, so I sent you some extra $$ to cover that and a big bottle of aspirin for yourself.
joefromsf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #805
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromsf View Post
Hey Joel,

My entry still hasn't turned green.

38. Joe - joefromsf - DR- TR3 - D3 - DR650 (#52)

BTW, I realized I paid by credit card and forgot to include some extra for CC fees, so I sent you some extra $$ to cover that and a big bottle of aspirin for yourself.
saw that.... and thanks.

joe, you are now in the green pasture

ATTENTION RV CAMPERS

there are about 14-15 requests for the full hook up RV spots and there are only 12 sites. some of you have dibs (sorry no guarantee and i could not go back to all the post to find out who got the early dibs).

so far, 8 people are paid......if you still want to get the remaing and available spots, please send your $$$ soon.

NSFW screwed with this post 01-07-2014 at 09:26 PM
Old 01-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #806
FTL900
White and nerdy

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
i'm sorry. didn't mean to use you as an example (no name was mentioned).
Thanks, but I was being quite sincere. I'm sure it's a real headache keeping up with all of this, and I really did try to get it right before paying, but then immediately realized I'd missed the donation/registration fee.

I'm excited to be going, and I'm just trying to dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s as much as possible so as not to be a total headache.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #807
RidingAgin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Hello Joel,
I have been waiting to see if I would get out of the wait list, but work now has me going out of the country about that time. Please delete me from the wait list and the JL wednesday class.

243. Dennis - RidingAgin - TR3 - D3 - F650GS

Maybe next year!

Thanks,
Dennis
Old 01-08-2014, 12:01 AM   #808
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,947
Quote:
my apology to our sponsor. LEDRIDER.COM

i posted the wrong website. thanks justin for your understanding and correcting me, likewise very quick in responding to my begging.

a pair of this light is on its way to the noobs rally....

those who likes to do night rides, or always late for dinner..you should have these on your bike. i have a pair on my 640.

it also makes you visible during the day. when ersin installed the lights on his 990, i can see him from behind and gives me the assurance that someone will help me pick up my bike..

Night rides woooooohoooooooooooo!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #809
FZcruzer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Sending money this evening with the following math used, please correct me if I am wrong lol.

194. Rob - FZcruzer - DR=$25 - BT3=$45 - D0 - KTM990A
195. Michele - FZcruzer Wife - DR=$25 - CP3=$20 - D0

Total = $115

Ersin,

I am not going to be pulling a trailer, just the full size Ford E350 van. I would prefer the BT3 designation because it will be a larger space to have the van and EZup ect but if somebody needs the space for a truck trailer then I can use a TR3 space. Thank you for your hard work.

Noel,

What tube do you want as a replacement for the one I borrowed from you on the Husky ride?
FZcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #810
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,999
Ladies and gentlemen,

As you know full hookup RV spots are very limited at Panamint Springs Resort. There are only 12 of them. And naturally many riders want to bring their big toy haulers and get full hookup spots to feel home. But unfortunately only the first 8 that call the dibs AND PAY get those spots. Other 4 goes to organization volunteers.
So this year's lucky AdvRiders are:

01 - Robbie (rjnutt), Marcia (hotmama), Corie (hotmammaandme)
02 - Shae (mrs sandplow), Tony (sandplow), Steven (laddysdirtbomb), Karina (mrs laddydirtbomb)
03 - Noel & Val (Dunerat)
04 - Seth (lifeofreilly) - Adobe crew
05 - Doug (elifino), Ann, Kyle, Sarah, Josh
06 - Rene (Dirt Mechanic), Edith (Dirt Mechanic's wife), Rob (Dirt Mechanic's guest), Paul (Pcfly), Bizz (Pcfly's guest), Fernando (The Brazilian)
07 - Don (Don125), Dave
08 - Dave (avejoe)
09 - Chris (Browneye), Sherry, Nick
10 - Tony (CrankyTony)
11 - Don (Beatsworkin')
12 - Jon (jkstehn), Brad, Jola, Sara

If you are arriving early in the week, you can book the same RV spot so you don't have to move later for the weekend.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote