ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #826
Mr. G
Normal Dude

Oddometer: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer View Post
Yeah Gregg,

With that kind of usage I can see the problem. Your $400 fuel cost is the number that all my friends with RV's use and is probably the main reason I haven't had any interest in travelling in comfort Makes Furnace Creek Inn look cheap.

Hard to believe the designers would give you more fresh water than available holding space.

Space wise all the so called dry RV spots fit yours just fine. The large area on the end of 38 is possible and maybe you can get the RV spot for 4 days and move just for the Rally? Pain in the ass, but possible?

Last year we had a couple of rigs parked on the eastern boundary of the camp and I never did figure out if they were with us or not..
I'm still #270 on the list so who knows if I'll get in. I like your idea of an RV spot for 3 days and then move. I'm not that full of shit that my black tank couldn't handle 3 days

The additional fresh water may be for drinking and cooking. Also it has an outside shower.

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #827
surferbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Question NooBs just in case you're wondering

Attention NooBs just in case you're wondering, there are restroom facilities and showers at the campground. As you would expect of camping with 200 of your closest friends, you might have to wait in line depending upon when you use them.
BT2010 - Big Trip 2010 13 days and ...
My Spot WhereAmIriding
surferbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #828
surferbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Eek Death Valley riding requires a National Park pass

Death Valley riding requires a National Park pass. You can either buy one in the valley or order one online. An annual (good for 1 year from date of purchase) is available online here. It takes a couple of weeks for it to arrive in the mail.

You can buy multi-day passes too but these might be only available at a valley ranger station.
BT2010 - Big Trip 2010 13 days and ...
My Spot WhereAmIriding
surferbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #829
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbum View Post
Death Valley riding requires a National Park pass. You can either buy one in the valley or order one online. An annual (good for 1 year from date of purchase) is available online here. It takes a couple of weeks for it to arrive in the mail.

You can buy multi-day passes too but these might be only available at a valley ranger station.
available at several kiosks within the valley.....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #830
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
available at several kiosks within the valley.....
The kiosks unionized and the government shut em down !

I think

Runnin' & duckin'
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #831
Super Suz
N00b with B00b

Oddometer: 1,556
I've got one.

Can't wait for drinking a beer by a big ass bonfire with you lot. I was reminiscing about my ride out to Mengal Pass, completed by the help of the riders in my group. That ride will forever stay with me in memory. In fact all of my Death Valley rides will. Alas, no more dirt riding for me. (insert smiley with a tear drop, pulls out the hanky and blows nose here)

If anyone's bringing a 4x4 and wants someone to join them on an afternoon ride, let me know. I'm in.

Super
Member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club. In town? Come visit us on a Weds night. We love show and tells! Want to speak about your trip or motorcycle topics in the Bay Area of Northern California? We have a club hall. IM me. If you give us enough notice and if we like your topic, you can come and speak. We have room for others to come and listen too.
Super Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #832
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,565
Hey Suz,

Sorry to hear you gave up the dirt...

Look our group up in the RV 10 - 12 section. We'll have a number of ladies and a couple of guys that won't be riding this year and have a Jeep available. If I end up trucking up you're more than welcome to drive my 4 X Tacoma around too.. You do do stick shift, right?

We also will be doing some RC airplane and quadcopter flying...
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #833
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Suz View Post
I've got one.

Can't wait for drinking a beer by a big ass bonfire with you lot. I was reminiscing about my ride out to Mengal Pass, completed by the help of the riders in my group. That ride will forever stay with me in memory. In fact all of my Death Valley rides will. Alas, no more dirt riding for me. (insert smiley with a tear drop, pulls out the hanky and blows nose here)

If anyone's bringing a 4x4 and wants someone to join them on an afternoon ride, let me know. I'm in.

Super

at least there are 2 4x4s coming to the event. hope they see your post.

one day, you'll miss dirt and you will want to get dirty.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #834
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,018
nice pic...and back pack too

KRIEGA offered to donate a main prize of an R15 backpack (http://www.kriega.us/r15-motorcycle-backpack/) with hydration system (value $168), with a Tool Roll (http://www.kriega.us/motorcycle-tool-roll/) and a set of Fork Seal covers (http://www.kriega.us/off-road-enduro...k-seal-covers/) as smaller prizes, plus a bunch of stickers and key rings etc to give away.

THANKS KRIEGA...

check out the kriega thread here on adv....http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778304
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #835
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
nice pic...and back pack too

KRIEGA offered to donate a main prize of an R15 backpack (http://www.kriega.us/r15-motorcycle-backpack/) with hydration system (value $168), with a Tool Roll (http://www.kriega.us/motorcycle-tool-roll/) and a set of Fork Seal covers (http://www.kriega.us/off-road-enduro...k-seal-covers/) as smaller prizes, plus a bunch of stickers and key rings etc to give away.

THANKS KRIEGA...

check out the kriega thread here on adv....http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778304
I hope I didn't miss anything on the first page of posts about this, read through them again the other day...how do I buy raffle tickets? Onsite? Online? I am definitely pulling the trigger on getting a few and getting in on the action-what a great selection of prizes too!

Also, I just want to say what an amazing value this event is. $100 or so bucks and you're in Death Valley at a cool location, get catered dinners, shower/bathroom facilities, pre-planned ride routes, raffle prizes, surrounded by friendly helpful people to help you ride/ride with through some of the most amazing scenery in the US on all kinds of different bikes. Unbelievable how cheap that really is, and unbelievable the amount of unpaid work the guys putting this together are doing right now-thanks again.
stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #836
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferbum View Post
Attention NooBs just in case you're wondering, there are restroom facilities and showers at the campground. As you would expect of camping with 200 of your closest friends, you might have to wait in line depending upon when you use them.
I'll be auctioning off a shit, shave & shower @ my chalet

RIDE ON!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #837
stoke
ocean minded

Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer View Post
We also will be doing some RC airplane and quadcopter flying...
Just got my first one. These things are incredibly addicting.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #838
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,139
I'm at the very bottom of the waiting list...........I think I'm going to be leftout this year and have to wait until next year
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #839
stoke
ocean minded

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
I'm at the very bottom of the waiting list...........I think I'm going to be leftout this year and have to wait until next year
Always the WARPED rally my friend! And I bet after the payment period is over, but the 2 weeks before the event, there's another bump in people dropping out.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #840
jlemond
King of No0bs

Oddometer: 156
4X4's, lady's and quadcopters oh my.

I will be bringing my 05LJ R, an airplane, heli, and a hexacopter. I might even bring my fpv set up to record some riding... I am also bringing my wife and my daughter who will be 11 months old. Maybe I should start sucking up to you guys in RV spots 10, 11 and 12 now... It would be great to have some new friends for my wife to hang out with. Are any of you going up to Hesperia this weekend for the training?
jlemond is offline   Reply With Quote