Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #541
hiawassee
Fair play t'ya!

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
Hey guys, I volunteered for this one. Did registration on Thursday and Friday 1st shift. I also was a cat herder at spectator 5 / 7. I took some photos but was limited by my duties for angle and also didn't get everyone. Anyway there are pics up at my site if you are interested. Here's a few anyway if you're not.

http://www.wolfsplace.net/sandblast2014
I don't suppose the downloads from your website would be free for the riders/drivers, would they?

'81 KZ1000 (resting in pieces)
'01 WR426F
'07 WR450F

hiawassee screwed with this post 03-05-2014 at 01:13 PM
hiawassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #542
racergirl479
Flying Merkel

Oddometer: 585
Someone said there was a picture snapped of me passing someone... would love to get my hands on it if yall know where it is...

I also remember seeing a really bright flash on ss7... and Im not talking about the line of 5 guys with their pants down in one of the 90 degree corners...

Seriously cant wait till next year... only 361 days!
racergirl479 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #543
hiawassee
Fair play t'ya!

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
Incase anyone missed it, this was the cause of the big delay early in the day. I could have sworn at some point I saw a picture of the car fully engulfed, but I don't remember where I saw it at now.

Let me jog your memory on that. Anders stopped by our service area and showed us the pic on his (or someone's) phone.

'81 KZ1000 (resting in pieces)
'01 WR426F
'07 WR450F
hiawassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #544
twistedphrame
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Turns out my shots from the hair pin on ss7 were almost in focus. Made barn doors for my flashes, to stop them from distracting you guys too much. If I messed you up, feel free to punch me in the face at RWV or BRS.

https://www.facebook.com/twistedphra...8806051&type=1
twistedphrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #545
Hypermofo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
Mofo!! Sweet drama there - glad you got it back together; so many last minute mechanics prepped you for keeping cool with tick tick

30 days to BMS, full rebuild in the paddock?

Cheers to always a thumb, no matters
You know it Bro! No point in lett'n life get you down! Though that pic makes me think I should try out for the remake of the shinning

Awesome pic from the past!! What a great trip... we should do another one!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #546
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedphrame View Post
Turns out my shots from the hair pin on ss7 were almost in focus. Made barn doors for my flashes, to stop them from distracting you guys too much. If I messed you up, feel free to punch me in the face at RWV or BRS.

https://www.facebook.com/twistedphra...8806051&type=1
thanks for that, mate. No worries on the flash, at least I didnt notice. I had my eyes closed most of the way, anyway
Old 03-05-2014, 07:29 PM   #547
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,656
Another great weekend at Sandblast - a few memories:

- Fun day at Bill's race school, catching up with old friends, practicing on closed roads, just like a big extended shakedown with some great tips from Bill to work on. Nice spot for lunch, many stories traded, and an opportunity to find a few problems with our bikes before race day...plus, most of us enjoyed enormous margaritas and some down-home Mexican cuisine that night.

- Devon's fork seal was completely blown, and puked all the oil out during the rally class.

- Step's 500EXC fried a CDI and he had to drive five hours round trip to a dealer where they pulled one off a 2014 showroom bike, and he picked up a set of fork seals for Devon at the same time.

- Devon and Step fixed their bikes at the H. Cooper campground with, as I understand it, some help and tools from Bobby Wooldridge (who else?? ). They both recovered brilliantly, Devon taking the overall win handily, and Step finishing 5th overall and 3rd in his class.

- My newly-installed, never-used Rekluse was acting up all rally class. As soon as I'd run a stage, it would start slipping and I kept having to back out the adjuster until I ran out of room. Bleeding the slave and flushing the fluid did not help. I had to pull it apart in the parking lot on Friday morning, where I found that the centre throwout plug in the Rekluse pressure plate was not loctited, and spinning out of adjustment. I thought I was going to have to re-install the OEM clutch assembly (which, for some reason, I threw in my box as a spare, thinking I might need it during Diabolico), but the magic of red loctite and re-setting that plug fixed the problem. And I love that clutch, BTW.... Got it all done, back together, barely in time to make the end of tech.

- Rodney blew a head gasket on his 530EXC and literally pulled it apart in his hotel room - you've seen the pictures. He was carrying a spare. He started late in the day on Friday after he already passed through tech, and he and Brian had an epic wrenching session with a number of serious heartbreak moments (including dropping a valve shim deep in the crankcase). Definitely the save of the rally, and probably of the year! He was done by about midnight, and ran a great race with no further bike problems.

- The blond girl on the Husky (sorry, I never did have a chance to meet you!) had some teething issues, and Mike Gilkey gave her his 400EXC to finish the rest of the rally, and she looked to be having a great time.

- Liz Allen was smoking through the stages until unfortunately her TE310 gave up on her. Truth be told, she was asking a lot of it! I was running behind her and was disappointed to see her drop out. Trying my best to not lose too much time to Liz was powerful motivation. What a terrific rider, and hoping to see her back for more!

- Bill was blisteringly fast on the sexy Aprilia until it filled up the cylinders with a lovely mix of coolant, oil, and fuel. What a frustrating end for him again at Sandblast, but true to form, he kept a great attitude and had a smile on his face at the end of the day.

- Kevin Schuler, who we know is extremely fast on the 350EXC, unfortunately had more injector problems on the second stage and a very premature end to his rally. A disappointing start to the season, but he tells me he'll be back to defend his overall win at RWV (which is a great event, by the way - and everyone should come out!)

- There were some big delays between stages due to car issues, but we had very nice weather. As always, what made this such a great rally was enjoying our fellow competitors - the names that jump to mind for me are TJ, Andrew P., Adam Pierce at Andrew's service van, Devon, Stepaen, Rodney, Brian, Jeff, Doug, Jason, JJ, Dave Charlton, Bobby, Bill, Josh from StaytunedMX, and many new faces that I hope to see back again.

- Running the last stage in the complete darkness was a hoot. I LOVE those night stages. I wish all the events had a night component to them. Nothing beats racing on stage in total darkness! I can tell you from personal experience, racing at night on stage is a hell of a lot more fun than standing out there alone searching for a crushed iPhone.

- And finally, A BIG SHOUTOUT to Devon for winning his second straight Rallymoto event. After being the first Canadian to ever win a Rallymoto outright, he now becomes the first to ever win two in a row... Keep setting records, and make us Canucks even more proud!

(there needs to be a happy-face smiley icon waving a Canadian flag).

Looking forward to RWV!!

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #548
eldridge173
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Being my first rally race I really didnt know what i was getting into, and it couldnt have been more fun! Biggest thing I learned is Bring lights!

This race most definitely got added to my annual Must Do Race list. I will definitely be back next year with lights and a little more motor on my old DR.

many of you going to do West Virginia?
Ford Motovan
Does not play well with orange
eldridge173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 AM   #549
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldridge173 View Post
Being my first rally race I really didnt know what i was getting into, and it couldnt have been more fun! Biggest thing I learned is Bring lights!

This race most definitely got added to my annual Must Do Race list. I will definitely be back next year with lights and a little more motor on my old DR.

many of you going to do West Virginia?
Its on my list, again, yeah
Old 03-06-2014, 06:59 AM   #550
twistedphrame
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Its on my list, again, yeah
Mine too, of course, I'm not riding though :p
twistedphrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:05 AM   #551
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 929
Laugh Sandblast

Ya I will be back next year for this one for sure.
Just like country Doc need to make better plans for time off. Have to drive to Florida tonight after just arriving he at 4am Monday and working at 8:30. Now nothing like surgery just had to watch kids do math and science, pretend I was interested
Doc you are gifted with words.
But you forget to add two more Canadians to the list. Yourself and Jeff both finished 8 and 9. So 4 Canadians in the top 10 seem damn good to me too.

+1 (there needs to be a happy-face smiley icon waving a Canadian flag).

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #552
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 1,045
Hey, all these Canadians and not one of you could get some Clocktower Brown across the border???? That's some pretty good beer.

Proposal for RWV: We all bring our favorite local brews and do a international cultural exchange. Its not drinking, its diplomacy!
poondangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #553
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Sounds good

Quote:
Hey, all these Canadians and not one of you could get some Clocktower Brown across the border???? That's some pretty good beer.

Proposal for RWV: We all bring our favorite local brews and do a international cultural exchange. Its not drinking, its diplomacy!
That's sounds like a good idea. Just if you get any light beer deal is off
The only problem with that is NOT drinking the beer, it seems to disappear quickly at our site. Second is to remember to bring the beer. Third our beer is so much more then beer there.
But still willing to try to try.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
Old 03-06-2014, 07:43 AM   #554
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepOnIt View Post
That's sounds like a good idea. Just if you get any light beer deal is off
The only problem with that is NOT drinking the beer, it seems to disappear quickly at our site. Second is to remember to bring the beer. Third our beer is so much more then beer there.
But still willing to try to try.
I pride myself on being a problem solver:

1. "NOT drinking beer": Beer is meant to be drunk, so no problem to be solved there. Besides, disappearing beer is sorta like a magic show, its very entertaining when you're there, you just don't necessarily need to be proud of it later.
2. We should get Anders to put a "pack beer checklist" together and distribute it at NCO and on the website. He's good at checklists.
3. You bring what you can, I'll bring extra to make up the difference.

Now, to a very serious diplomatic faux pas you have committed, which could endanger 'Murikin/Canuck relations for a very long time. Light beer is not beer, and as such, I wouldn't think of even mentioning that in such an important international relations setting. We will be at a very important cross border motorcycle event, not a sorority party, and as such I would hope that we can all start with a platform that rises above such unspeakable nonsense as "light" beer. I would never have suggested that any of you Canadians bring Moosehead (wasn't that Hosehead's favotite beer?), I would hope that you extend the same respect

poondangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #555
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Wicked Relations

Quote:
I pride myself on being a problem solver:

1. "NOT drinking beer": Beer is meant to be drunk, so no problem to be solved there. Besides, disappearing beer is sorta like a magic show, its very entertaining when you're there, you just don't necessarily need to be proud of it later.
2. We should get Anders to put a "pack beer checklist" together and distribute it at NCO and on the website. He's good at checklists.
3. You bring what you can, I'll bring extra to make up the difference.

Now, to a very serious diplomatic faux pas you have committed, which could endanger 'Murikin/Canuck relations for a very long time. Light beer is not beer, and as such, I wouldn't think of even mentioning that in such an important international relations setting. We will be at a very important cross border motorcycle event, not a sorority party, and as such I would hope that we can all start with a platform that rises above such unspeakable nonsense as "light" beer. I would never have suggested that any of you Canadians bring Moosehead (wasn't that Hosehead's favotite beer?), I would hope that you extend the same respect

First off sorry to bring up "Light beer" I agree 100% with you, it's not beer.
As for the drinking beer part I might have to explain better. Drinking it before it gets to you, or across the border. But again I will try to try and the list would help. I will add it to my list if I can remember to look at the list.
As for Moosehead it is the largest Canadian owned brewer now and I don't mind it either. But if there are a few beer up here you like and I can get then hell ya why not. Anything to help out my fellow rally riders regardless of nationality.