Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #121
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Anders has the rally spreadsheet and doc package. If you've got the roads, he's got the folder to get you down that path, from municipal road closing asks to homeowner permissions, to insurance forms, to ham radio and EMT req's, to volunteer language.

Not for the faint of heart but you'd be my hero.
This may be an off base, or amateurish, statement, but wouldn't it be easier to first add bikes to existing rallies? There's currently no bikes at Magnum Opus for example.
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:56 AM   #122
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,283
yeah, I'd imagine there is something easier piggybacking than starting from scratch, but I'm outof my knowledge zone, myself
Old 01-01-2014, 08:51 AM   #123
mothra
Rally Driver

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Anders has the rally spreadsheet and doc package. If you've got the roads, he's got the folder to get you down that path, from municipal road closing asks to homeowner permissions, to insurance forms, to ham radio and EMT req's, to volunteer language.

Not for the faint of heart but you'd be my hero.
Link to rally organizer info

http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/RallySprintInABox

As I understand it Nasarallysport leaves it up to the organizer to decide about including rallymoto. Petitioning/talking to the individual organizers wouldn't hurt.

'02 F650GS Dakar
'09 HUSBERG FE450
mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #124
racergirl479
Flying Merkel

Oddometer: 603
As I understand it Nasarallysport leaves it up to the organizer to decide about including rallymoto. Petitioning/talking to the individual organizers wouldn't hurt.

That would be a great Idea. And easiest, logistically speaking.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
racergirl479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #125
Anders Green
NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer: 1,991
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
This may be an off base, or amateurish, statement, but wouldn't it be easier to first add bikes to existing rallies?
It's much easier. But, what everyone needs to remember is that when you are looking at a car rally event, 100% of the people involved are rally CAR people. On top of that, they're all volunteers. There is little intrinsic reason for them to do the extra work required to accommodate another group (bikes).

Let's imagine it like this: your local enduro club puts on enduros. Then, let's say, a couple of guys who own boats say to the enduro club "Hey, you run right next to a lake, can you organize a race for us too? We want to race our boats!"

It's kind of like that. It's not that rally car guys don't like rally bike guys, but you need to appreciate that one group is asking the other group for a pretty big favor. What makes that a lot easier is having an solid reason for them to get involved, usually meaning a number of racers ready to sign up. Contacting a rally and saying "I have 10 riders ready to pay their entry fee today." shows that you are ready to commit to being there, which means it's worth their while for them to commit to doing the work that would let you be there.

Anders
Old 01-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #126
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Green View Post
It's much easier. But, what everyone needs to remember is that when you are looking at a car rally event, 100% of the people involved are rally CAR people. On top of that, they're all volunteers. There is little intrinsic reason for them to do the extra work required to accommodate another group (bikes).

Let's imagine it like this: your local enduro club puts on enduros. Then, let's say, a couple of guys who own boats say to the enduro club "Hey, you run right next to a lake, can you organize a race for us too? We want to race our boats!"

It's kind of like that. It's not that rally car guys don't like rally bike guys, but you need to appreciate that one group is asking the other group for a pretty big favor. What makes that a lot easier is having an solid reason for them to get involved, usually meaning a number of racers ready to sign up. Contacting a rally and saying "I have 10 riders ready to pay their entry fee today." shows that you are ready to commit to being there, which means it's worth their while for them to commit to doing the work that would let you be there.

Anders

Well, there you go. I knew I didn't know what I was talking about, but said it anyway. Pretty typical, just ask my wife.

But, you do bring up a good point. It shouldn't be too difficult to drum up 10 riders ready to sign up for an existing rally. Again, I say that like I know what the hell I'm talking about.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #127
skywayrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
I'll commit to doing the Newberry Mi. event.
skywayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #128
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,654
30 bikes already for Sandblast. Whew! Starting on 30 sec intervals is stressful!

Finally had internet working for long enough tonight to sign up. See y'all there!

Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #129
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywayrider View Post
I'll commit to doing the Newberry Mi. event.
I'll also commit to Magnum Opus for 2015. Can't go this year, I have another baby on the way
Old 01-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #130
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,810
I won't know much in advance if I will be able to get away from work... but just in case I ordered a new set of knobbies so the bike will be ready just in case
Old 01-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #131
EOD3MC
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothra View Post
This is Matt. Some of you know me from driving the combo car at sandblast the last few years. This year Anders/Amy have asked me to coordinate volunteers for the rally.

Anders mentioned that we have converted some of our dedicated some of our volunteers to rally too racers this year. I am excited to see you on the other side of the time card this year.

This means there are some great volunteer opportunities opening up for the rally. Some whether you have volunteered before or have been wanting to volunteer please sign up. We are working on some extra volunteer perks for this years rally.

http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com...volunteers.php
If you have never done anything related to or never even attended a rally, can you still use me as a volunteer?
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #132
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

oh hell yeah!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #133
FreeTheBeast
valebat ascensorem

Oddometer: 2,989
Laugh Bring it!

Was that a slight cough? You don't look well enough to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post
I won't know much in advance if I will be able to get away from work... but just in case I ordered a new set of knobbies so the bike will be ready just in case

The Hampster Ride - A mainly dirt route to ride the length of New Hampshire.
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #134
EOD3MC
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD3MC View Post
If you have never done anything related to or never even attended a rally, can you still use me as a volunteer?
Quote:
oh hell yeah!
Volunteer Registration in.... looks like it will be a fun weekend
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #135
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD3MC View Post
Volunteer Registration in.... looks like it will be a fun weekend
You can never have had anything to do with a rally, attended or competed in anything, for that matter, and you can not only volunteer, but go Race! hah!

ANd THANK YOU, by the way.