ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #181
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Oh would you stop with the embarrassing pictures!
Sorry JT just trying to make a point... Thought I would be hearing from you... Are you signing on for this adventure with EsconDeasy? You know your aversion to drop-off's.
As Cyberdos says... if no pic it did not happen. Sorry but there is a pic!
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #182
Newview
Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Just kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefadv View Post
You can have the tire if you want it... 120/90-18
However I really do not think you want my take-off tire that only has 20% life remaining at the most. ...and it has been over some really crappy terrain. Just held up well
So you got Kevin's bike, you know it was only ridden on Sundays to church! Or was it every other Sunday???
Welcome to the gang.
Just kidding around about the tire. I could make a rope swing with it I guess.

So about Kevin's bike. Yes, that's what he told me. Sundays only, wearing a suit and tie, with a box of donuts strapped to the rack for the ladies club.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #183
EsconDeasy
Ectomorph

Oddometer: 1,460
Quote:
December 10th?
Will be in Vegas at the National Finals Rodeo festivities... Would really like to have tagged along.
I know of several ways to get to the Observatory staging area just curious as to which way your taking. Through Belmont Mountains circle back through Bighorn Mountain range? How do you get around the B.H.Wilderness area? Or just a straight path over to Eagle Eye Road to the staging area?
Have you been to the top since the summer rains? They had 10+ inches of rain in that area, I was last there in September.
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
Is this the same ride you put together last year, or the year before? I remember reading a RR and looking at the photos and it looked like a great time. I wish I could make this ride, but I can't get out of work on this day as I already have a meeting scheduled.....
Mefadv: My route goes directly past the Vulture mine, gets on to some old whiplash racecourse, picks up some sand wash, then crosses Aguila rd, then picks up Eagle Eye rd to get to the observatory rd. Pretty straightforward. I haven't been there since last summer. I guess I better start searching for beta on road conditions.

Refokus: This is that ride. I had a day available and nothing going on, that's why Tuesday.
EsconDeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #184
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsconDeasy View Post
Guys,
I am hosting a dual sport ride from the Morristown post office to Harquahala peak on Tuesday, Dec 10. Mostly dirt roads with some sand wash and the summit road which can get steep and loose. I am bringing my XR650L, so you know it's not real technical.
Bikes should have 100 miles of range. We will stop in Aguila for lunch and fuel. Usually takes most of the day to do the ride. About 160 miles total.
Plan to be ready to ride at 8 at the Post Office.
Should work for me. Sounds like fun.
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #185
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsconDeasy View Post
Mefadv: My route goes directly past the Vulture mine, gets on to some old whiplash racecourse, picks up some sand wash, then crosses Aguila rd, then picks up Eagle Eye rd to get to the observatory rd. Pretty straightforward. I haven't been there since last summer. I guess I better start searching for beta on road conditions.

Refokus: This is that ride. I had a day available and nothing going on, that's why Tuesday.
Have fun on the ride, wish I could make it. Can you share the tracks?
Old 11-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #186
EsconDeasy
Ectomorph

Yep, I can do that. May have to change the meet place as the Post Office may not be as amenable to us parking there on a weekday. I will PM if I change the spot
Old 11-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #187
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

[QUOTE=EsconDeasy;22816339]Mefadv: My route goes directly past the Vulture mine, gets on to some old whiplash racecourse, picks up some sand wash, then crosses Aguila rd, then picks up Eagle Eye rd to get to the observatory rd. Pretty straightforward. I haven't been there since last summer. I guess I better start searching for beta on road conditions.

Sounds like fun... Sorry I'll be away.
I'll keep working on a route via Belmont & Bighorn Mountain ranges. Perhaps add a little variety to your next trip out that way.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #188
EsconDeasy
Ectomorph

I just got done scoping that out on Google. Very interesting
Old 11-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #189
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,536
N.W. of Phoenix ADV Riders

Mefadv, have we found that unorganized organizer to organize a ride to havasu/parker yet?

I think steelwind was planning to volunteer to plan it but he's only ok at planning.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #190
OldtimerTC
XR650L

Oddometer: 930
Quote:
Mefadv, have we found that unorganized organizer to organize a ride to havasu/parker yet?

I think steelwind was planning to volunteer to plan it but he's only ok at planning.

Steelwind can ride , that I can confirm ! He was right behind me the entire day on our BB run.

I would say AZTom knows the havasu parker run the best, but he always does it on weekdays when I cnat join him .

Count me in, I think an overnighter works best.
Member COHVO
OldtimerTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #191
OldtimerTC
XR650L

Oddometer: 930
Potential mud run ?

If the rain clears out by Saturday I am looking to go enjoy some Tacky trails....or a sheeps Bridge loop on Sunday.

Anyone want too ride this weekend ?
Member COHVO
OldtimerTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #192
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

Looking back that was Yardsticks idea...

AZTom has routes for the faster crowd... more pavement & improved roads.

I have all but one section scouted for the 90%/95% dirt route. The desolate section N of Alamo back across the Bill Williams and on to Parker. This will have to be a 1.5 day excursion. I need to get back to that... I have been busy exploring li'l 50-75mile loops, not that cross country stuff.

Hell, Steelwind can do it... likely can't get lost in that little patch of land bordered by 4 major highways and one kinda large river!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #193
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldtimerTC View Post
Steelwind can ride , that I can confirm ! He was right behind me the entire day on our BB run.

I would say AZTom knows the havasu parker run the best, but he always does it on weekdays when I cnat join him .

Count me in, I think an overnighter works best.
I can confirm his abilities as well. And I know just where to camp.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #194
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Quote:
Looking back that was Yardsticks idea...

AZTom has routes for the faster crowd... more pavement & improved roads.

I have all but one section scouted for the 90%/95% dirt route. The desolate section N of Alamo back across the Bill Williams and on to Parker. This will have to be a 1.5 day excursion. I need to get back to that... I have been busy exploring li'l 50-75mile loops, not that cross country stuff.

Hell, Steelwind can do it... likely can't get lost in that little patch of land bordered by 4 major highways and one kinda large river!
Haha ...if you head away from the sun in morn and into the sun afternoon, cross the colorado youve gone too far!
Januaryish?
Old 11-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #195
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Haha ...if you head away from the sun in morn and into the sun afternoon, cross the colorado youve gone too far!
Januaryish?
Yep... see it's easy!