ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 09:38 PM   #661
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigxrr View Post
Where is this ride posted
Several posts on this thread. Basic unplanned plan. As much offroad as possible. 8-9. Havasu and back. Steelwind is the designated unorganizer. Some are camping some hoteling. My pansyass cant handle cold so am hotelin if weather looks bad. I have a volunteer to haul camp gear but now hes telling me 30% chance he cant make it. Just checkin to see how dependent we are.....I assume we can handle it if he bails.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #662
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
Added another trip to my "Backyard Trek's, Day Trippin link.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=889018
Another day... Weather is nice here for this time of year so... I'm ride'n every chance I get.
Trailered to Hwy 71 & headed towards Alamo... Some exploration on the way but normal route back. Still working with the GoPro... Used it exclusively on still shots, sometimes on 30 second intervals other time on every 5 seconds. A few shots from my other cameras also.
Meeter says 93 miles with average speed of 23mph, although the way back was fast so the exploration was really slow. Max speed was 56 on the Alamo/Wickenburg road, just graded and really nice .

Old 01-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #663
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Lotsa riders out today. Saw a DR and another guy pull into El Ranchero earlier. I have the KLR Loaded for a campout with Steelwind and a few non riders and their kids playin on minis. If anyone is out constellation stop and say hello. Otherwise have fun and be safe.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #664
agavelvr
Banned

Oddometer: 165
Big thank you to Clay and Eddie for getting my bike back to town after my spill last Sunday! Clay was kind enough to drag the big out to the east side today and park it in my garage. You guys rock! I have the best time hanging with my fellow inmates. Counting the days till I get to ride again, hopefully in time for dual sport daze!
Thanks fellas!
Jeff
agavelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #665
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Well, two more weeks until doc says I can ride the big boy rides. Unfortunately boss says no time off and probably overtimed will b scheduled starting next month. And I have two ride weekend requests in!!!!
Anybody know of someone looking to hire an ambitious, intelligent, and good looking employee?? Maybe I can do yardwork for that guy full time once he gets hired.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #666
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Anybody know of someone looking to hire an ambitious, intelligent, and good looking employee?? Maybe I can do yardwork for that guy full time once he gets hired.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #667
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Whoooa... Damn quiet here. I'm gone for a few days and everyone moves. No one left on the West Side?

Anyway I was caught in Phx on Sunday with a couple hours to kill. Made a quick spin through the International Motorcycle exhibit at the University of Phx. Stadium. There were several DS bikes in the parking area perhaps some of the ADV crew was there.
Really enjoyed seeing the full BMW GS line. KLR's in every color. Yamaha & Suzuki had there DS on display. Some of the old classic bikes were there also. As well as some gear vendors.
Then I had to hit Cabela's for some fishing/boating stuff. These warm days will really have the Bass & Crappie excited.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #668
George 99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 715
Heading out tomorrow morning to explore Rice Road out of Havasu Heights. Don't have any idea bout the terrain. Expect to cross Alamo Road at some point. Anyone ever gone that way?
Old 01-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #669
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Sorry mefadv, ive been out of commission for exput due to lack of input from commission....
Does that make sense?
Old 01-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #670
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Sorry mefadv, ive been out of commission for exput due to lack of input from commission....
Does that make sense?
Jt, think I saw you leaving your work-place a couple days ago when I was pulling in from Lost-Wages...
Old 01-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #671
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefadv View Post
Jt, think I saw you leaving your work-place a couple days ago when I was pulling in from Lost-Wages...
Did I look like an escaped convict? Getting away as fast as possible? Probly me.
I think I just seen your friend on the Dakar ride by. I always presume someone by their ride around here because I cant imagine more than one of anything in Wicky. Especially not a Dakar. What was his name?
Old 01-27-2014, 02:12 PM   #672
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefadv View Post
Anyway I was caught in Phx on Sunday with a couple hours to kill. Made a quick spin through the International Motorcycle exhibit at the University of Phx. Stadium.
I was there with the family. I think we got there about 10:30 and left a little after the 1:00 stunt show. My boys especially enjoyed all the crazy tricks they were doing. I kept telling 'em... sheesh I do half that stuff on my KLR! We also stood in line several times for the Progressive slot car track race.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #673
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,165
A favor please...

Heya guys, do me a favor would ya? Post a comment to our video. My boys (especially the 11 year old) are chomping at the bit waiting for fellow riders to comment and so far only Eric has and they are a bit disappointed. You don't even have to watch the video if'n you don't wanna... just give 'em a positive comment!
I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks guys!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #674
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Did I look like an escaped convict? Getting away as fast as possible? Probly me.
I think I just seen your friend on the Dakar ride by. I always presume someone by their ride around here because I cant imagine more than one of anything in Wicky. Especially not a Dakar. What was his name?

His name is John, can't remember what color his helmet is!
Yes, his is the only Dakar in the area I know of.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #675
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtKlod View Post
I was there with the family. I think we got there about 10:30 and left a little after the 1:00 stunt show. My boys especially enjoyed all the crazy tricks they were doing. I kept telling 'em... sheesh I do half that stuff on my KLR! We also stood in line several times for the Progressive slot car track race.
I was there about the same time... Oh Yes the slot car's That was a busy area.