ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #811
Trigxrr
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Kingman AZ
Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverlivin View Post
Pretty cool trail, how far does it go?
If your talking about the wagon trail its only about 100ft long and you have to hike about 50ft to get to it .
Trigxrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #812
Riverlivin
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Along the river in a van
Oddometer: 18
I wonder if it part of the real Mojave trail, there's remnants of it in the mountains above the avi
Riverlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #813
George 99
Studly Adventurer
 
George 99's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Kingman, Arizona
Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverlivin View Post
I wonder if it part of the real Mojave trail, there's remnants of it in the mountains above the avi
The sign at White Cliffs Park sez the trail is part of the old mine trail up toward Chloride. The wagon wheels wore into the stone...

The trail runs from the west side of the Kingman Country Club golf course (approximetly) to White Cliffs Road, not very long stretch.
__________________
George
Sometimes in Kingman, Arizona
George 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #814
Riverlivin
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Along the river in a van
Oddometer: 18
Spotted a couple duel sports in the shores today headed down tietsville rd
Riverlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #815
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer
 
mefadv's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Wickenburg AZ
Oddometer: 714
Hey JT... ya should have stopped.
We could have "chewed the fat", told some lies or at the very least you could have helped me to the Jeep with that pile of mail
Have been busier than shit with company, work'n, company, work'n and did I mention I have had lots of out of state visitors who need entertaining.
Hope to get back on the bike soon. It's kinda hard to entertain with the XR4 so it's been Quad, Ranger and Jeep excursions the past three weeks.
__________________
Mark, a Misplaced Farm Boy....
XR400, plated
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #816
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefadv View Post
Hey JT... ya should have stopped.
We could have "chewed the fat", told some lies or at the very least you could have helped me to the Jeep with that pile of mail
Have been busier than shit with company, work'n, company, work'n and did I mention I have had lots of out of state visitors who need entertaining.
Hope to get back on the bike soon. It's kinda hard to entertain with the XR4 so it's been Quad, Ranger and Jeep excursions the past three weeks.
Im usually pretty helpful just have to let me know
__________________
I still dont have one, do I need one? I'm confused
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #817
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,407
A rather interestingly boring RR coming up soon.
__________________
I still dont have one, do I need one? I'm confused
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #818
SteelWind
Impossible Aventurer
 
SteelWind's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Oddometer: 77
Please spread the word on this...

Hello all,

Please spread the word on this. I would hate for this to happen to someone else...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1#post23531061
__________________
Entropy happens... (S2-S1) > 0 ... Always...
SteelWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #819
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWind View Post
Hello all,

Please spread the word on this. I would hate for this to happen to someone else...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1#post23531061
I dont disbelieve it whatsoever after riding in those races. they dont want to win, they want others to lose or not finish. and your bike would be a prime target. reminds me of those kids in hockey. shining lazer pointers in the players eyes and throwing pennies on the ice. did you let AMRA and AMA know as well?
__________________
I still dont have one, do I need one? I'm confused
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #820
SteelWind
Impossible Aventurer
 
SteelWind's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Oddometer: 77
Yes I sent message to AMRA.... Just sad , I just wanted to have some fun.
__________________
Entropy happens... (S2-S1) > 0 ... Always...
SteelWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:55 AM   #821
jon6.0
Studly Adventurer
 
jon6.0's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWind View Post
Yes I sent message to AMRA.... Just sad , I just wanted to have some fun.
You have another bike to ride? Once I get my 990 back from the shop if you don't have another one to ride you can come out to my place in Tonopah and we can go for a ride up VMR or something. You can take the 990 and I'll ride the 690.
__________________
2013 KTM 990 Baja w/ Termignoni cans
2013 KTM 690 Duke w/ performance cam, airbox, and Akrapovic full system
jon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:57 AM   #822
jon6.0
Studly Adventurer
 
jon6.0's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 543
I'll be at the Horseshoe Cafe in Wickenburg about 9:30am this morning if anybody wants to swing by, eat some awesome biscuits and gravy, and shoot the shit. I'll be on my 690 Duke.
__________________
2013 KTM 990 Baja w/ Termignoni cans
2013 KTM 690 Duke w/ performance cam, airbox, and Akrapovic full system
jon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:23 AM   #823
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon6.0 View Post
I'll be at the Horseshoe Cafe in Wickenburg about 9:30am this morning if anybody wants to swing by, eat some awesome biscuits and gravy, and shoot the shit. I'll be on my 690 Duke.
Wish I could. Its my friday.
__________________
I still dont have one, do I need one? I'm confused
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:25 AM   #824
jon6.0
Studly Adventurer
 
jon6.0's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Wish I could. Its my friday.
Do tell? It's actually my Friday as well. At least tonight is, lol. I'm on nights right now and sacrificing sleep for riding and good grub.

I'm off Monday through Thursday this week. Want to do a ride? I don't have my 990 back from the dealer, but I'll go up to Bagdad or Prescott for some grub on the 690.
__________________
2013 KTM 990 Baja w/ Termignoni cans
2013 KTM 690 Duke w/ performance cam, airbox, and Akrapovic full system
jon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #825
SteelWind
Impossible Aventurer
 
SteelWind's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon6.0 View Post
You have another bike to ride? Once I get my 990 back from the shop if you don't have another one to ride you can come out to my place in Tonopah and we can go for a ride up VMR or something. You can take the 990 and I'll ride the 690.
Yes, I have the KLR, but I'm waiting on a new clutch cable for it. Kind of been to caught up in repairs on the KTM to get my KLR back in working order.

Wish I could have met you this morning, but kind of hectic and am just reading your post now.
__________________
Entropy happens... (S2-S1) > 0 ... Always...
SteelWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014