Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #106
Durwood
AKA Chinga D

Oddometer: 82
I'm in...again. Anyone on the fence about doing this event should put off everything else and head south. Incredible riding and fantastic people. It's that good...really.

Chinga D
Durwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:58 AM   #107
woodzrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durwood View Post
I'm in...again. Anyone on the fence about doing this event should put off everything else and head south. Incredible riding and fantastic people. It's that good...really.

Chinga D
Would love to come out and do this, but it's not in the cards this year.
Goint to try to come out and help a friend who is already registered.
Keeping my fingers crosed for this.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500314
Baja report http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641219
woodzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #108
Freedom64
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Baja Rally 2.0 Assistance

We will be offering assistance at the Baja Rally 2.0.
And of course assistance to Dakar 2015.
This promises to be a phenomenal rally, we can cover 100% of your mechanical needs and parts.

We are in Colorado Springs and Kansas City.
We have some Dakar experience and rallies south of the border.
We speak Spanish and English

Freedom 64 Rally

Luis Belaustegui
Freedom64info@gmail.com
913-980-8083
Attached Images

Freedom64 screwed with this post 04-29-2014 at 06:23 PM
Freedom64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #109
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom64 View Post
We will be offering assistance at the Baja Rally 2.0.
And of course assistance to Dakar 2015.
This promises to be a phenomenal rally, we can cover 100% of your mechanical needs and parts.

We are in Colorado Springs and Kansas City.
We have some Dakar experience and rallies south of the border.
We speak Spanish and English

Freedom 64 Rally

Luis Belaustegui
Freedom64info@gmail.com
913-980-8083
Old 04-30-2014, 07:58 AM   #110
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

Oddometer: 302
This is outstanding news for the BAJA RALLY.

I take it everyone knows who Luis Belaustegui is....
If not click HERE

If Luis can get his 2-stroke KTM 150 to finish the DAKAR, there's a good chance he'll help you make it back to Ensenada this September

Scotty Breauxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #111
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

PRESS RELEASE HERE

We've been working on this for some time and excited to finally announce this new partnership.

BMW MOTORCYCLES of ESCONDIDO Joins BAJA RALLY
Multi-Year Partnership Announced

ENSENADA, BAJA CA, MEXICO- BMW Motorcycles of Escondido announced today that BAJA RALLY, LLC has joined forces with multi-line dealership for a multi-year partnership to grow the first ever navigation based rally raid for motorcycles only.

“Our event caters to the adventure enthusiast and owner Mike Findlay and his team have decades of collective moto experience in Baja CA”, explained BAJA RALLY director Scotty Breauxman, “More importantly, Mike’s team shares our vision and is 100% on board to help us execute our mission to grow rally in Baja while sharing its culture and history with our riders and their teams.”

Before acquiring BMW Motorcycles of Escondido, owner Mike Findlay grew Temecula Motorsports into one of the highest volume, multi-line dealerships in the United States. Along that journey with Temecula Motorsports, Findlay fielded as many as 7 racing teams at a time in SCORE’s BAJA racing series under the TMR tent with a massive undertaking including pit and air support.

“We’re no strangers to this”, explains Findlay, “And we see the long term value of what Scotty’s team is doing with the rally and for our sport. It’s a game-changer and we see a big future for it. Our team wants to support that 100%.”

Along with financial backing and promotional consideration, BMWMCE is bringing manpower and resources to prepare and execute the BAJA RALLY 2.0 event in September 2014. Additionally, the dealership will host a VIP Ultimate Adventure Tour for a limited number of clients to chase the BAJA RALLY in an adventure format, essentially embedding into the event with participants and media outlets. This includes following routes after each rally stage and eating and camping along side the entered riders.

Findlay and the BMWMCE Team host regular, multi-day adventures rides in Baja CA, taking clients to famous spots such as Mikes Sky Ranch, San Felipe and The Pirates Cove in Camalu. With the breadth of experience and wealth of knowledge in racing and adventure tours, Findlay’s team is well positioned to merge into the rally without going through any learning curve.

“The value this new alliance brings to Baja CA cannot be understated”, Breauxman concluded, “The strength of the BMW brand and passion Mike’s team brings to the BAJA RALLY is the ‘ultimate’ boost to our teams efforts. This is going to get really good.

The BAJA RALLY 2.0 is the first ever, navigation based rally raid for motorcycles only in Baja CA and takes place over 5 days, traveling to remote overnight camps with cultural and historical value. The event is referred to as a traveling cultural immersion into Baja CA’s rich history and landscape. The “sold-out” Inaugural BAJA RALLY took place October 2013 over 2 days and 300 miles, attracting star power names such as Larry Roeseler, Quinn Cody, Cameron Steele and BAJA RALLY champion Andy Grider. More Information on BAJA RALLY 2.0 HERE

WATCH BAJA RALLY VIDEOS

BMW Motorcycles of Escondido is a full service, multi-line dealership of new and used BMW, Aprilia and Moto Guzzi Motorcycles parts and service. Located in San Diego CA’s North County BMWMCE is one of Southern California’s highese volume dealerships. More information at HERE
Old 04-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #112
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,299
Welk, two of my favorite phrases are BMW and Baja Rally.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #113
DeepRover
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Baja Rally 2.0 lights?

Hey Scotty, is it true that this years Rally will have night stages?
DeepRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #114
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepRover View Post
Hey Scotty, is it true that this years Rally will have night stages?
Not True-
No planned night stages on BAJA RALLY 2.0

However, riders will start liaisons prior to sunrise on at least 2 days and possibly 3.

We also anticipate some (a few) riders arriving to the bivouac from long days after the sun has set.

Therefore, having a good, reliable lighting system is critical. Running helmet light as a back up isn't a "bad" idea either.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #115
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,652
Event looks like it's shaping up to be awesome. I hope to be there for v.3!

dc
Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #116
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

GRIDER RETURNS
Rally Veteran Determined to Repeat
ENSENADA, BAJA CA, MEXICO-Bajarallymoto.com announced today that off road star Andy Grider will return to Baja CA to defend his Inaugural BAJA RALLY title this September 24-28th in Ensenada.

Grider, a 5 time Dakar Rally competitor and multi-time SCORE champion, narrowly won the Inaugural BAJA RALLY by a mere six seconds over Cameron Steele last October after rally leader Quinn Cody blew a motor only 10 miles from the finish in San Quintin.

“Andy has the rally bug and it’s spreading”, explained BAJA RALLY creator Scotty Breauxman. “He really believes in rally sport because he’s raced rally on four different continents and brings a lot of positivity to our event as a cunning navigator. How he managed to find the finish of the first BAJA RALLY with out the use odometer a mystery but can be explained by his vast experience.”

“Last year was a great rally for me and we showed rally fans that you don’t have to be the ‘fast guy’ to win”, Grider recalled, “Minimizing your downtime and mistakes is key and last year proved that.”

Grider defied odds last year by navigating the final 129 mile special stage without an odometer and using his rally and Baja CA experience to stay on course.

“This year for BAJA RALLY 2.0 I plan to come more prepared with my body and mind set to defend my title”, Grider concluded, “My equipment will be better prepared and I hope my BAJA RALLY will be smoother than last year.

GRIDER'S 2014 SPONSORS:
Team Schampa
Neverstopriding
Baja Bound Insurance
SRT
Troy Lee Designs
NiteRider
BTO

A cross section of Grider’s Rally Career:
KTM Adventure Challenge 2005
TUNISIA 2005: Optic 2000- 3rd OA Bike (2nd in class)
DAKAR 2006: Motorcycle-broken pelvis
DAKAR 2007 Navigator for Robby Gordon- 8th OA
DAKAR 2008 Navigator for Robby Gordon Cancelled- Rally Moved to Hungary Central Euro Rally
DAKAR 2009: Navigator for Robby Gordon-3rd OA
DAKAR 2010: Navigator for Robby Gordon-8th OA
DAKAR 2012: Navigator for Team Overdrive-DNF
INAUGURAL BAJA RALLY 2013: Overall Champion

The BAJA RALLY is the first and ONLY navigation based rally raid for motorcycles in Baja CA Mexico and takes place over 4 days of racing through 800 miles of timed special stage routes and transfer stages. Modeled after the world's premiere rally event, The BAJA RALLY is introducing the sport of rally to the people of BAJA CA while teaching this state's rich culture and history to participants with the goal of creating return adventure tourism.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #117
xr400r
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Breauxman View Post
We'll mail you a pair of fresh stickers if you send us a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below.

BAJA RALLY LLC
5755 OBERLIN DRIVE #301
SAN DIEGO CA 92121
These still available?
xr400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #118
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr400r View Post
These still available?
Got mine last week. Thanks, Scotty!!

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #119
Super Dave Hawaii
Ain't Dead Yet!

Oddometer: 231
Spectators

Scotty, Is this something that can be followed as a spectator or do I need to find a team to join? Would love to follow along daily if possible.
Dave
Old 05-09-2014, 12:18 AM   #120
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

yea we have tons of stickers to give away so keep those self-addressed, stamped envelopes coming.

Dave as far as spectating per se. The best seat in the house is on a team (next to riding the event) spectating per se is a little harder than a typical BAJA race because the secrecy behind the course route.

One day is already 350 miles long (140mi liaison stages with 210 mi special stage)