User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
drmax OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
tail lamp

Finally fed up with intermittent rear lamp on 2002 lc4. New bulb won't even work. I've cleaned the contacts within and notta. Is there an led style lamp I can get, and simply dyke the old socket and install some time of new assy? I guess I gotta start reading. Thx for the help...dm
drmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
T3/T4 Hybrid
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 70
I had issues in mine too but discovered that both brake light switches were bad. After replacing both of the switches I have not had any more problems.

Before discovering the switches were the actual issue I did replace the tail light assembly out to the new style connection and bulb.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=18672187
Old 11-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
drmax OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3/T4 Hybrid View Post
I had issues in mine too but discovered that both brake light switches were bad. After replacing both of the switches I have not had any more problems.

Before discovering the switches were the actual issue I did replace the tail light assembly out to the new style connection and bulb.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=18672187
welp, I went to the link and I think I see 2 different type bulbs? Ok, so where is the part # for the socket and bulb? Hate to be spoon fed but do not see them listed their. (maybe time for glasses) thx, dm
Old 11-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
T3/T4 Hybrid
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmax View Post
welp, I went to the link and I think I see 2 different type bulbs? Ok, so where is the part # for the socket and bulb? Hate to be spoon fed but do not see them listed their. (maybe time for glasses) thx, dm

No prob I used the same set up that Dirty Sanchez used. It's actually for a GM vehicle but it can be purchased at any autozone or Advance Auto for under $10. Part number is 85881 and the socket uses the newer 3157 bulb.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
drmax OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3/T4 Hybrid View Post
No prob I used the same set up that Dirty Sanchez used. It's actually for a GM vehicle but it can be purchased at any autozone or Advance Auto for under $10. Part number is 85881 and the socket uses the newer 3157 bulb.
Parts in hand. Sorry I did see those numbers in his listing. He mentioned their he'd let us figure out the wiring. Do you remember which bike wires went to A, B, and C?
Thx DM

drmax screwed with this post 11-02-2013 at 12:05 PM
Old 11-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
drmax OP
Gnarly Adventurer

wiring

Determined the green bike wire carries the running light 7 volts. I think I tried every configuration of wire positions and I can not get a running light. I can squeeze the handle or push pedal and get a light. The running light portion was working prior to dyking the old socket. Really nice of the GM part to not have a diagram on the damn package. I may post this over to the other thread to see if I can get help. Thx, DM
Old 11-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
drmax OP
Gnarly Adventurer

disregard

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmax View Post
Determined the green bike wire carries the running light 7 volts. I think I tried every configuration of wire positions and I can not get a running light. I can squeeze the handle or push pedal and get a light. The running light portion was working prior to dyking the old socket. Really nice of the GM part to not have a diagram on the damn package. I may post this over to the other thread to see if I can get help. Thx, DM
Disregard. Blown blue fuse. Also, these wires do not match up in a row, to the old lamp. It is as according....A to Blue...B to yellow...C to green