Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
NCD
Dirty Hairy

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickM View Post
I thought it was just me... Particularly the give a little, and then stick.
Yessir. You gotta learn to trust the sensation. But once you do, you can learn to ride the slide when you want to for fun!
NCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #17
djborden
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by endurodude View Post
no, definitely upside down!
+1
djborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #18
Buzzzz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
right side up for me.
Buzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #19
ultane
sqeezin the bag

Oddometer: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPHusky250 View Post
I asked the X, she said you're wrong. :) Photo is right side up on my computer, if that's what upside down is referring to.
I'm very sorry….

I looked at it at work on my iPhone.. the picture was (is) upside down. I saw it on my iPad this morning, still upside down.. Checked it on the MacBook, it's right side up!!!!

I guess it's and iOS or Tapatalk thing. No other pictures have been displayed upside down on either mobile device, ever…

IMADUFUS!

If a man speaks, and there is no woman present to hear him,..
Is he still wrong?
ultane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #20
GPHusky250 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
You know, I took the photo on an Iphone. Could be that even though it was showing right side up on the phone, maybe it was actually upside down and somewhere in the Metadata it saves the original orientation. I'll do some testing. Might have to wash all photos through a little program I have to remove that data. Glad you figured this out.

Mark
GPHusky250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #21
motome
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Heidenau K60 tires

Hi guys, I am new to adventure riding. My previous experience was sport bikes : Aprilia RSV, Tuono V4, Ducati & Moto Guzzi and GSXR 750 for few track days a year. I have 2010 BMW F 800 GS. I put new Heidenau K60 tires 600 miles ago and I ride and corner asphalt roads on this tires with stack suspension at least as fast , to the tire edge as Dunlop Q3 on my Aprilia Tuono V4. My first ride was after rain, new tires, wet back roads , nice corners , felt great , good grip, fun, fun ... After 200 miles the front tire is more quiet and is OK to me. I think this is the best tires for mix, dirt and asphalt riding.
motome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #22
PoodlePumper
Custom Title User

Oddometer: 1,171
Thanks, Motome...very helpful. I'll be putting these on when my current tires wear out...if I can wait that long.

PP
Old 11-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #23
CheckerdD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,278
The front K60 got a friend of mine from Deadhorse, Alaska to Ushuaia, Argentina. The rear only made it to Antofagasta, Chile. Try that on any other tire. Dave
Old 11-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #24
GPHusky250 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Went on a BMW Shop ride yesterday with a bunch of crotch rocket guys. In order to try keep up with them I had to ride the F800GSA pretty aggressive in the corners. Leaned that bike over pretty hard and the Heidenaus stuck on the dry pavement of eastern San Diego county. So I'm pleased with their performance on road, although I don't like the whine of that front tire.
GPHusky250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #25
BillsburgGS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Question

I put Heidenau 60s on my 2010 800GS about 300 miles ago. It still feels a little squirrelly in the corners and the front vibrates at about 20 mph and slower but a friend swears that will go away in a little while.

My question is what pressure do you set these to? I was told by my original dealer when I bought the bike "ignore what it says on the tire, BMW says 32 psi front, 38-42 rear depending on weight of rider(s) and load. In real dirt I'd drop down to about 25 front and rear. Same with the Heidenaus?
BillsburgGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #26
CheckerdD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,278
I set mine at 36 front and back. Seems fine. I did not know any other pressure was suggested. Dave
Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #27
Dewtwo
old trail rider!

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsburgGS View Post
I put Heidenau 60s on my 2010 800GS about 300 miles ago. It still feels a little squirrelly in the corners and the front vibrates at about 20 mph and slower but a friend swears that will go away in a little while.

My question is what pressure do you set these to? I was told by my original dealer when I bought the bike "ignore what it says on the tire, BMW says 32 psi front, 38-42 rear depending on weight of rider(s) and load. In real dirt I'd drop down to about 25 front and rear. Same with the Heidenaus?
Yup, it seems to take hundreds of miles for the unstable feeling to totally go away, but it will!!!!!!....They ride real nice after 500-700 miles.

But, I never did like feeling every pebble, nub and bug on the road. I'm running 29f - 32r on tarmac, alone, no stuff.
Because I carry a compressor, I drop pressure off road as you do. 21-22f, 24-25r.
Takes minutes to reinflate
Good ridin to ya!!!!!
Dewtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #28
FT-WA-MD-GS
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Follow Recommended Tire Pressures

I'd like to say I/we have no complaints with our previous K60s on our F800 & F650 models.

We rode on them all around the US in 2012 and got another set for 2013 (while waiting for the Karoo 3s to become available for another cross-country trial).

We thought they were a “little harsh" when new, but that improved after a modest break-in. They handled very well at all times as well as in the rain. We both got over 17K mi on mostly pavement and not-too-adventurous off road riding. Removed them after the rear got worn flat, but it still had tread left [as seen below]. My dealer said to keep the pressures NO higher than the recommended range because they are susceptible to overheating at higher than normal pressure and temperature (bad things might happen). Just lower the pressure when off-roading for a solid grip. I went as low as 16 psi front & back. They do have a strong carcass and solid sidewall...

A club “Tech Day” replacement after many uneventful miles.

We give these 50/50 tires 2 thumbs up for their varied and long-lived service!
Sláinte! (Gaelic)
Phil & Karen
2010 F800GS,
2009 F650GS,
2009 KLX250S, and
2008 CRF230L.
FT-WA-MD-GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #29
RexBuck
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,007
Firstly, there is a huge thread of the K60 on 800GS here

Secondly, I've had 3 K60 rear tires on my bike (used TKC80 on the front). Finally stopped using the K60 when I just got tired of the squirlyness on anything wet . . . particularly once the tire wears a bit. No question it lasts a long time. For me, longevity isn't my primary consideration and I'd rather have a tire that grips better even though it has to be changed more often.
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #30
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexBuck View Post
Firstly, there is a huge thread of the K60 on 800GS here

Secondly, I've had 3 K60 rear tires on my bike (used TKC80 on the front). Finally stopped using the K60 when I just got tired of the squirlyness on anything wet . . . particularly once the tire wears a bit. No question it lasts a long time. For me, longevity isn't my primary consideration and I'd rather have a tire that grips better even though it has to be changed more often.
So which tire did you settle on? I am close to replacing my rear tkc, and am considering either a tkc or karoo 3.
chris73 is offline   Reply With Quote