Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 06:17 AM   #136
Hail_TX
Middle Aged Crazy

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopumps View Post
Thanks Brad- Just dropped at the Post Office!

My Brother In Law used to live in Conroe, so I am familiar with your neck of the woods. Looks like you are having a cold snap, but still better than Upstate NY! Enjoy the riding when you can.

I got 63 miles in two days ago, but now it is too cold and icy again.

This time of year I am very happy to be in Texas. Even went camping off the tiger last weekend!

Thanks for the speedy delivery service!
'13 Tiger 800 XC
'12 DR-Z 400s
Hail_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #137
RexBuck
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Just arrived in Calif to pick up my bike and my new Motopumps is waiting for me. Tires were a tad low, so, had a chance to use it. Worked well, very happy.

One suggestion that you may wish to incorporate into future versions:
While you provide a spify and well made bag for the pump and accessories, I don't need the accessories on the bike and the bag is too bulky so, those will all stay home as I try to conserve space in my bike storage. A neoprene or nylon zip on cover that would fit snugly around the pump would protect it and be much more useful to me. It would certainly keep the coiled hose and wound up power cord from running amok when the pump is stored on the bike.
Having said that, I really liked the pump. Well made, appears to be very sturdy, very quiet, great screw on valve stem connector and the built in tire pressure gague appears to be pretty accurate and very handy. Thought the trouble light was gimmicky but then started thinking about it and could be very handy if you every have to do a night time tire change.

Nice kit. Well done.
RexBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:09 AM   #138
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,593
Someday my pump will come. I love the idea of this pump but want one with the BMW connector, SAE connector and Coax connector that will work with my Tubless inner tube that needs to be pumped to #110. The light is a nice touch. I thought I had finally found it. Great product unfortunately just short for me. I dislike having to pack the bulky gauge and all the adapters to go from one bike to the other to the truck.
Great work though.
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:51 AM   #139
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 691
I just saw this. This looks perfect! Just need to wait for payday.
cba191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:06 AM   #140
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,582
Easy to add a BMW plug. What is a coax connector? I know what it is in the cable tv/old network world...

Are you running the Tubliss conversion for spoked wheels?

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Someday my pump will come. I love the idea of this pump but want one with the BMW connector, SAE connector and Coax connector that will work with my Tubless inner tube that needs to be pumped to #110. The light is a nice touch. I thought I had finally found it. Great product unfortunately just short for me. I dislike having to pack the bulky gauge and all the adapters to go from one bike to the other to the truck.
Great work though.
03 ZX6R & 98 VFR800FI & 89 Honda Hawk GT x2
Motopumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:23 AM   #141
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for the input. I will see about having some neoprene cases made that are just big enough for the pump.

There is always that natural tension in the product creation and engineering to make it big enough to fill every possible need, and small enough/light enough to just do the job well with nothing left over.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexBuck View Post
Just arrived in Calif to pick up my bike and my new Motopumps is waiting for me. Tires were a tad low, so, had a chance to use it. Worked well, very happy.

One suggestion that you may wish to incorporate into future versions:
While you provide a spify and well made bag for the pump and accessories, I don't need the accessories on the bike and the bag is too bulky so, those will all stay home as I try to conserve space in my bike storage. A neoprene or nylon zip on cover that would fit snugly around the pump would protect it and be much more useful to me. It would certainly keep the coiled hose and wound up power cord from running amok when the pump is stored on the bike.
Having said that, I really liked the pump. Well made, appears to be very sturdy, very quiet, great screw on valve stem connector and the built in tire pressure gague appears to be pretty accurate and very handy. Thought the trouble light was gimmicky but then started thinking about it and could be very handy if you every have to do a night time tire change.

Nice kit. Well done.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #142
rollin45
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Just wanted to let you know my pump got here safe and sound. The packaging appeared to have worked flawlessly. Long trip out here to Utah, and the last few miles was by pony express. Thanks Rob, will pass the word about a great product and fast service.

rollin'
rollin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #143
Duelsporter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopumps View Post
Thanks! Shipping out this morning.

Ride Safe!

Rob
Forgot to mention I received mine in good condition as well. I agree with the comment above that I wish the neoprene bag was sized for the pump only (only because space seems to be at a premium on my bikes). Thanks!
79 Honda CBX
82 Honda CB900F
Duelsporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #144
ADKADVRider
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelsporter View Post
I agree with the comment above that I wish the neoprene bag was sized for the pump only
+1, It's funny, I got my pump a couple of weeks ago and my first recation when opening the packaging was I wish the bag was sized for the pump only. Other than that it looks like a solid well put together piece of equipment.

2012 F650GS Twin
ADKADVRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #145
tokenboy
Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I followed the Paypal link from this page to order a pump and Paypal is automatically adding on more international (Canada) shipping on top. I can't seem to not have this on even though I have selected the international option.

Any little help?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #146
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hang on a minute, let me poke at that.

Stand by-

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenboy View Post
Don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I followed the Paypal link from this page to order a pump and Paypal is automatically adding on more international (Canada) shipping on top. I can't seem to not have this on even though I have selected the international option.

Any little help?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #147
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Ok, all International shipping costs are now being handled at checkout instead of in the button itself. Much cleaner, and it actually works now.

Options & Combos

Old 01-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #148
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenboy View Post

Any little help?

Thanks

Here is my official explanation. Based on your sig, it was trying to ship to Tunisia and Canada... Hence the double charge.

Thanks for pointing out the problem!

Ride Safe!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #149
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
I have been trying to pull together some kind of tire repair kit for a street bike. Help me out here. I have been looking at the stop n go mini compressor and the slime 40001. They are quite a bit cheaper than 70.00.

I am not trying to be a dick but what is the difference and I noticed on the box the best one you sell is made in china? I always would rather help out the small business man if possible. I just need something to air up a tire after its plugged just in case. Thanks.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #150
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
I have been trying to pull together some kind of tire repair kit for a street bike. Help me out here. I have been looking at the stop n go mini compressor and the slime 40001. They are quite a bit cheaper than 70.00.

I am not trying to be a dick but what is the difference and I noticed on the box the best one you sell is made in china? I always would rather help out the small business man if possible. I just need something to air up a tire after its plugged just in case. Thanks.
I still sell the SLIME Power Sport Inflator, and used to sell the Stop & Go inflator. Had too many failures with the S&G. It is very, very, very light duty. Both of those pumps are made in China.

The PSI is good, but lacks features that the MotoPumps Mini Pro has.

Yes, $70 is not cheap, but neither is the Mini Pro. It cost me $70 yesterday to fill up the gas tank in my van. We spent more than that on dinner for three last week. That stuff is or will be gone in a week... The inflator will last a long time.

The Mini Pro inflator is built in a factory in Taiwan. The factory is ISO 9001/14000 certified. The pump is RoHs compliant and CE certified for sale in the European Union. It has TUV certification.

Aside from all that pedigree, it has a feature set that no other pump on the market has.
3.5' urethane air hose with a zero loss connector. Polarity protection circuit with warning light. LED worklight. Amazing to have at night on the side of the road.
LED backlit pressure gauge that is easy to read, steady and very accurate.
Very efficient, fan cooled motor and pump that only draws 6amps, but pumps like it draws 10. Onboard storage of the 10' of power cord, SAE and Cig Plug, sports inflators for balls, rafts, sleeping pads, etc.

You could pay $100 for a Cycle Pump, made in the US from Chinese parts, $125 with an inline pressure gauge. Still doesn't have any of the other features the Mini Pro has, and it weighs twice as much without the gauge.

If you want a deal on a SLIME PSI or a Classic MotoPump, check out my website. Deals to be had at all levels of pricing and features...

www.motopumps.com