Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 03:31 AM   #196
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
No, it's not fast at about 10 minutes per tire, but from what I saw, I'd have no problems running it all day long.
To be clear, the case has "30 Min Continuous Use" on it, so that's the guidance from MotoPumps, afaict. I would imagine that usage in hot weather would be less, right?

One other thought for Motopumps: perhaps consider updating the gauge so that it has BAR in addition to PSI? It would help those of us who are outside of the US and don't use PSI to measure tire pressure. That would help expand the market for that product, imo.
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro

gen screwed with this post 01-23-2014 at 03:48 AM
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:08 AM   #197
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
To be clear, the case has "30 Min Continuous Use" on it, so that's the guidance from MotoPumps, afaict. I would imagine that usage in hot weather would be less, right?

One other thought for Motopumps: perhaps consider updating the gauge so that it has BAR in addition to PSI? It would help those of us who are outside of the US and don't use PSI to measure tire pressure.
A few folks have mentioned the need for BAR measurements on the gauge. That will be one of the changes we make in our next production run. I appreciate the feedback, please keep it coming.

Part of the development process is negotiating warranty support from the factory. We agreed upon a stated 30 minute run time and 20 minute cool off period. I had tested a pre-production prototype and have tested a production acceptance unit extensively, and run them for more than an hour, under load, with no issues, no overheating or loss of performance. At one point I ran one of the units for longer than an hour by mistake (Adult ADD?) and the result was the same, no issues. So, as the person you are actually going to deal with for warranty issues, I am not sticking to that. They just flat work. The motor is fan cooled and the piston pump is permanently lubricated and has a special low friction coating on the rings. Very little heat is generated compared to the SLIME unit.

Speaking of the SLIME units, I just noticed that they now state a max run time of 8 minutes and a 25 minute cool down on the case. This is a change in the latest batch I got this winter. The SLIME units also have a "Caution-Hot!" warning on that sticker. It is a good unit, but clearly more of those electrons are becoming heat (and noise) instead of air pressure. Our Classic MotoPump also runs much cooler than the SLIME unit, mostly because there is no case.

So, bottom line, unless the MotoPumps Mini Pro Inflator has been obviously abused, I am going to cover defects in the product with a repair or replacement.

Rob
03 ZX6R & 98 VFR800FI & 89 Honda Hawk GT x2
Motopumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:26 AM   #198
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopumps View Post
A few folks have mentioned the need for BAR measurements on the gauge. That will be one of the changes we make in our next production run.
Glad to hear that. I'll be first in line for one from the next production run.
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:21 AM   #199
RailwayRog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Id be interested in the next production run.
Are you going to address the carrying case issue a few guys mentioned earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
Glad to hear that. I'll be first in line for one from the next production run.
RailwayRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #200
RexBuck
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 980
I'll jump back in here again with some real world use.

Changed my rear tire. Inflated from 0# to 38# non-stop. With my Slime, I would have had to stop at least once. The MotoPump seemed a tad slower but since you don't need to stop and let it cool down, total inflation time is much less. The only thing that gets hot is the plastic hose near the pump but I assume it is rated for that heat.

Of course the idiot changing my tire pinched the tube so I got to do it all over again with the same results.

Very happy with the pump
www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #201
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailwayRog View Post
Id be interested in the next production run.
Are you going to address the carrying case issue a few guys mentioned earlier?
Yes, going to have those cases made to a smaller, tighter fitting spec. Feedback coming into this was that many riders wanted room for a few tools, connectors and plug/patch kit.

For those out there in DIY land, it is not a lot of work to modify the bags by turning them inside out and sewing across the bottom to make it smaller, then removing the excess material.

Rob
Old 01-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #202
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopumps View Post
Yes, going to have those cases made to a smaller, tighter fitting spec. Feedback coming into this was that many riders wanted room for a few tools, connectors and plug/patch kit.

For those out there in DIY land, it is not a lot of work to modify the bags by turning them inside out and sewing across the bottom to make it smaller, then removing the excess material.

Rob
I've found the secondary pocket to be more than adequate to carry the cables and tire plug kit. I'll probably be modifying my bag for a tighter fit, if I find time.
thetable is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:50 PM   #203
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Help a USA Manufacturing Business Get a Grant!

Just got this link from our development partners at Dynaplug.com

Fedex Small Business Big Grant

http://smallbusinessgrant.fedex.com/Gallery/Detail/86b9ad3e-856e-45ac-872f-c9a8bc400062

Please click on it and vote for them to help them win a small business grant. They manufacture a GREAT product right here in the USA. Lets see how many votes we can generate for them.

Thanks!
Rob
Old 02-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #204
brakedw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
fedex grant

Rob,

Regarding the Grant, I went to sign it because after a lot of research I'm enthusiastic about their product and will be getting one soon. I not signing it yet because 1) you have to use facebook, 2) if you do vote it will give them access to your friends list and email address. I could not find any link that would clarify their use of the information.

I guess I will "give them a vote by buying their product"
brakedw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #205
RonkoRider
Wrong Island, NY

Oddometer: 1,459
Found You!

I met you and your wife at the IMS Show at The Javitts Center. I spent all my cash that day but promised to buy a pump when I got home.

Then, my dumb ass lost your card!

Glad I found you here! Ordered mine tonight!

Thanks!
RonkoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #206
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
I bought one of these a while back and yesterday I tried it out before I packed it away on my bike. Its really a quality piece. I just brought my tires up to pressure but one of them was really low. I found the pressure gauge to be very very close in accuracy. It didnt take very long either. Sorry, I didnt time it. I just wanted to make sure it worked in case I really needed it in the future.

Its pricy imo but I believe you are buying quality here and will be worth it in the long haul. If it doesnt get stolen or something like that I will carry it from now on and if I get to where I cant ride I will sell the unit on AVD down the road so really its probably a good deal if you can handle the initial cash out lay. Its cheap insurance and I am a tight wad by nature.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:34 AM   #207
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for the positive feedback. Very nice to hear!

Yes, not cheap, but I compare it to a dinner out or filling the gas tank in my van. Both are gone very quickly, unlike the pump...

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
I bought one of these a while back and yesterday I tried it out before I packed it away on my bike. Its really a quality piece. I just brought my tires up to pressure but one of them was really low. I found the pressure gauge to be very very close in accuracy. It didnt take very long either. Sorry, I didnt time it. I just wanted to make sure it worked in case I really needed it in the future.

Its pricy imo but I believe you are buying quality here and will be worth it in the long haul. If it doesnt get stolen or something like that I will carry it from now on and if I get to where I cant ride I will sell the unit on AVD down the road so really its probably a good deal if you can handle the initial cash out lay. Its cheap insurance and I am a tight wad by nature.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #208
Bruce H
Bruce H

Oddometer: 155
Moto Pump

I'd buy one. Send payment information? PM will work.

Bruce
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #209
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hey Bruce-

Here is the payment link. It gets buried as the thread gets longer, so this should help others find it as well.

Click on the menu to see options.

MotoPumps Inflators

Old 02-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #210
Bruce H
Bruce H

Oddometer: 155
Thanks, got it ordered.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote