User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #61
bingo43
¡Que Viva!

Oddometer: 224
Excelente!

Siempre me ha facinado esa parte de Mexico y Guatemala. Cuando fuimos alla' me encanto' esa regio'n. Es sencilla y bella y la gente es totalmente amable. Me hubiera gustado viajar con uds a esa frontera con Guatemala para nadar y ver esos cenotes. Algu'n dia lo hare' otra vez. Gracias por compartir!

I looked at a map of that area and found a google earth pic of that lake that gets cut in half by the border between Mexico and Guatemala. It looks like a very cool area. It's funny that the worst shake down came from the school teachers. The can be real bastards. Eso es lo que yo hago como profesion...

Mil gracias
bingo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #62
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo43 View Post
Siempre me ha facinado esa parte de Mexico y Guatemala. Cuando fuimos alla' me encanto' esa regio'n. Es sencilla y bella y la gente es totalmente amable. Me hubiera gustado viajar con uds a esa frontera con Guatemala para nadar y ver esos cenotes. Algu'n dia lo hare' otra vez. Gracias por compartir!

I looked at a map of that area and found a google earth pic of that lake that gets cut in half by the border between Mexico and Guatemala. It looks like a very cool area. It's funny that the worst shake down came from the school teachers. The can be real bastards. Eso es lo que yo hago como profesion...

Mil gracias
This is the little lake cut in half by the border limits..

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:41 AM   #63
Dan Diego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
Bad ass hombres, to be sure. Great RR so far, guys.

Triumph Rocket III Touring, KTM 990 ADV
Dan Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #64
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Palenque

Next morning we got up very early to visit the Palenque ruins and after start our return ride.

We got to the entrance when the tickets booth was not open yet.

This is the waiting "torture" bench next to the tickets booth....

the area was into renovation works and they found this crazy ants nesting
no wonder nobody wanted to sit down!!

ok, moving on to the piramids

the landscaping is extremely well maintained, I mean no necessary to watering, but to trim it. There were several teams cleaning stone by stone, step by step, brushing every mold stain, taking off every bit of weed, damn! with a meticulousness so fine that I have never seen on any of the very luxury hotels landscaping.... I got really damn impressed of the super maintenance job.

here we go with the pics

WEED and MOLD cleaning crews all over the place!

Ancient hydraulic engineering

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013

Arte screwed with this post 01-23-2014 at 09:31 AM
Old 01-23-2014, 09:43 AM   #65
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

a little bit more of Palenque

the fauna, No we could not see any Jaguar

Now was time to pack our stuff and ride north 1,000 miles.

JC was still feeling pain all over his chest... but bruises only... well he was thinking that was.

Next: riding from PALENQUE to TUXPAN

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #66
TheRealBingo
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo43 View Post

Mil gracias
Oh, really? Did you take a look at a "Map"? What kind of amateur uses Google Earth®? If you actually knew the area you would clearly see that it is in fact split in half by Mexico® and Belize®.

Perhaps those teachers could teach you a thing or two.
(Source: My dad is the owner of Belize®.)

P.S. Work on your English®.
TheRealBingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #67
Sun Ray
Polyglottic Moran

Oddometer: 967
Man, that takes me back. I've been there 3 times as a kid. Can you still climb down into the sarcophagus room inside the main pyramid?

Thanks for the pics!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936940
Sun Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #68
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Ray View Post
Man, that takes me back. I've been there 3 times as a kid. Can you still climb down into the sarcophagus room inside the main pyramid?

Thanks for the pics!
No, at the time the only Pyramid accesible to "inside", was the small one next to the "Temple of the Inscriptions" I don't recall the name.

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 01-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #69
Sun Ray
Polyglottic Moran

Oddometer: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte View Post
No, at the time the only Pyramid accesible to "inside", was the small one next to the "Temple of the Inscriptions" I don't recall the name.
That's probably for the best, since people vandalize and tag everything.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936940
Sun Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #70
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

the end of this ride

We took off from Palenque and headed to TUXPAN Ver. It was noon and there were 900 km to go (563 miles or so).
We knew it would get dark before get there... no riding at night, heck, we have fail to this always .

adn to vary, there were more bike problems on this strech.
loose chains, a bike stallin and dying, damn!

Andres fixing his chain here

the rear tightening nut got lost! needed a quick solution and he found the way...

lets gooo!

later on, Efrain bike turning off at full speed, several times. He let her rest for awhile and it would start again, just to do the same a couple miles later, for 3 or 4 times, until we got tired and stoped here to do a search on the problem.

it turned out to be the vent hose detached...
lets goooo!!! is gettin late mates!

now, some miles later, Andres suddenly pulls over and I think... O sh..t, another problem.

I ask him thru the cardo what is the problem
he says
a freaking bird crossed the road and hit me on my helmet and blew my gopro camera man!

no sh..t! we turn back to look for the camera.

We found it and this was the little guy preying for Andres nice helmet!..

jeezz!

We passed Veracruz, filled the tanks and kept on.

JC was getting behind too often, he was last and I was in front of him, loosing sight contact, and ask him on the cardo what was detaining him

he said he was in real pain at every bump or pothole, he needed to slow down on everything making his bike to bounce. He had pain on his chest and stomach and feeling lot of nausea.

We said, lets get to see a doctor man,

no way, I can ride, is only the sore and contusions I got in the crash of yesterday.

Ok, lets go.

We arrived to Tuxpan at 11:00 pm

booked a couple rooms and went out for Taco dinner.

Next day we started riding at 8:00 am for the last 450 miles to get to Reynosa.

RAIN, RAIN, and rain... It got raining all the way from Tuxpan up to Soto La Marina... we (I) was soaked, I did not have rain suit, and my gear was not rain proof. it was cold and make me feel very tired. (lesson learned )

my Rain Proof outfit:

Right just leaving Tampico, I get an oil spot and Pata de Perro starts dancing with the stars... I was not able to controlled and went down. At some 30-40 mph.. I went sliding some 40 feet, it was right before a traffic light...
I got up asap and grab the tank bag that is on the tarmac, and run as hell feeling that a car behind me would be over me...
I ran to get the Pata de Perro up, before the damn Transito gets there.
The Transito was on the oposit corner and as soon as he saw me going down he ran towards me...

I could not manage to get the bike up and start riding again before the damn guy got there,...

Transito: gimme your drivers license....
me: what? what for?
transito: you got in a crash accident and is a trafic infraction.
me: what? what are you talking about? the damn bike got down and I just picked up, what accident? I don't see any accident here? no crash, no nothing...

gimme your papers...I'll give you a ticket and take you to the central office...

me: here.. I'll pay the fine here. (I handed 100 pesos bill)

he: no shit... its 1000 pesos

me: no way.... here, 200 pesos

he: no sr, gimme 500

me: take the 200, that all you'll get or nothing, and lets go to the central.,

he: ok, ok.... are you ok??

me:

Pata de Perro only got a scratch on the crash bar and I got a bruise on my knee..

he wave me off.

Just 60 miles before get to Reynosa, I got a flat tire.

put the green slim stuff and was good to go.
it was getting dark again.

at 5 miles before get to Customs check point my bike starts dancing pretty freaking bad.... the rear tire temporary fix failed,

is dark already, more green stuff, half mile good to go, again flat,

finaly we get to the customs check point and I can see that the rear tire has no solution but take the tube out and patch it or replace it.

We are about to take the tire off when a pick up truck stops by and ask if we are OK.

Its a fellow rider!!

great! I load my bike on the truck and get a free ticket to home!!!

we were really tired by then, that we felt renewed force after this encounter.....

We said goodbye everyone and I get home safe, Andy got with me to help on the bike downloading...

But man, after all we had a great, great time!!!!

thanks everyone for reading!!

ooh a final pic so you guys feel OK about the MAYAN doom day

HASTA LA VISTA....!

Chiapas Ride 2013

Arte screwed with this post 02-01-2014 at 12:03 AM
Old 02-01-2014, 12:15 AM   #71
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 8,119

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:37 AM   #72
cwc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 907
Excitement

Another great report.

You guys sure pack a lot of excitement into a one week trip.

Not sure I could keep up with that.

DR350 It'll get you there

My Ride Reports Here
cwc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #73
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Broken Ribs

PS. Did I mention that JC did ride 1100 miles from outskirts of Ocosingo back to Reynosa, with Three Broken Ribs..?

Since we nor him did not know about it, no wonder he was not in the mood....

Chiapas Ride 2013
Old 02-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #74
Vato Jinete
Feo del Norte

Oddometer: 536
Old 02-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #75
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,582
Estan bien jodidos