ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
loosesprocket OP
Adventurer
 
loosesprocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Blairsville, GA
Oddometer: 87
Two Wheels of Suches

Just wanted to let anyone who has not had a chance to stop by the newly renovated Two Wheels of Suches what a nice place it is. If you are riding anywhere nearby it is worth checking the place out. The staff are very nice and will make you feel very welcome. Good food, camping, rooms to rent, restrooms for, well you know, and plenty of motorcycle people to hang out with. The owner is usually there and glad to talk with everyone, really good guy! So if you haven't been there yet make plans to stop by.
loosesprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
riverbank
n00b
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: sharpsburg ga.
Oddometer: 2
I agree, camped out there twice this year and plan on going back this coming year, great place !!!!
riverbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"
 
xtphreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Back in WNC
Oddometer: 7,960
I forget the original proprietor's name, but this is off

http://www.twowheelsonly.com/


"...Unfortunately the inheritors of the property that Two Wheels Only sits on refused to renegotiate the ground lease, sell us the parcel of land that the resort is on. or do a month to month rent until they sold their property...."

my question is, did the new owner see a successful business and buy it out from under the original operators?

If so, they did it by buying the property NOT the business. The business they got by default after the guy with the original idea (one of, if not the First Motorcycles Only Campground) was forced out.

Kinda sucks when you look at it that way.





Glad the place is reopened, just feel bad for an innovator to get f**ked over.
__________________
Do one thing every day that scares you. Baz Luhrmann
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate
 
DirtDabber's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Way, Way North GA
Oddometer: 7,589
Well it does suck that they closed but the property was for sale and they could have bought it. They didn't. Maybe they couldn't, the economy sucked.

They could have moved the business. They didn't. Maybe they couldn't, the economy sucked and there really aren't many good locations in that area.

Other businesses opened in the area doing something similar after they closed. We shall see how they last.

The new owner has put a considerable investment not only into the property but also the infrastructure with updates to the store and showers and upgrades to the campsites. We shall see if they can make enough money to overcome the overhead involved.

It is not like the new owners came and bought the property out from under them. They bought the location of a closed business and reopened it with a very similar theme. If you buy property with a campground set up for motorcycle camping, you are kind of limited what you can do with it. Just like if you bought a closed restaurant, you would most likely need to open another restaurant.

Sucks for the previous owners but I wish the new owners well. It is a narrow niche market.
__________________
.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
SpeedyR
SE in the SE
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: ATL, GA
Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtphreak View Post

"...Unfortunately the inheritors of the property that Two Wheels Only sits on refused to renegotiate the ground lease, sell us the parcel of land that the resort is on. or do a month to month rent until they sold their property...."

my question is, did the new owner see a successful business and buy it out from under the original operators?
I think DD hit the nail on the head with his post, but another note- the inheritors wanted to sell the whole property of which AFAIK TWO was just a portion of the property. With that being the main chunk in the middle (again from my understanding) it would have been hard for them to sell the other parcels around TWO if that was what they wanted to do.

I know that Britt and GT did a lot of promote TWO over the years and I spent many nights there, but I'm happy to see the improvements that the new owner has made to the facilities and grounds and look forward to spending more time there in the future.
SpeedyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer
 
mrbreeze's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: God's Country
Oddometer: 7,642
I spent a few nights there "back in the day", and loved it. I look forward to going there again. These days I use a CPAP machine. Does anyone know if they have any sites with electricity now?

and I hope they built a new bath house...
__________________
2013 Suzuki DL650 Adventure

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"
 
xtphreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Back in WNC
Oddometer: 7,960
don't get me wrong

I wish the new owner well and I will be back to check it out

it's a good location and yes the place could have used .... a touch sprucing up

I just hate to see somebody bumped outta their idea
__________________
Do one thing every day that scares you. Baz Luhrmann
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem
 
red bud's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: jaw ja
Oddometer: 4,944
somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

New owner bought property of a closed business, that had been closed for quite a while. I think he bought it because he missed it

He's done alotta work & improvements. Including new shower house.

Taking nothing away from britt & gt .

I really did hate riding tru town & seeing it closed.

So far every time I've stopped I've ran into an imate or 2.

Time will tell, I hope he's does well.
__________________
"if your not outta gas, your not lost" BDXMPL

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer
 
kdscoates's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: dahlonega,ga
Oddometer: 3,479
Correct Red Bud

New owner is a great guy and a long time TWO customer
It is now called Two Wheels of Suches
There was no evil conspiracy here the place was closed for 2 years now it is back open completely remolded and with a brand new bath house!
TWO was always ran be good people and it is once again!!

Owners of the land did want to sell the whole 70 acres and Bill bought the whole 70 acres cut out 10 for TWOS and kept the rest for his pleasure.
Bill is a avid motorcyclist and one of the greatest people you will meet.He will go out of his way to help anyone he can. I ride with Bill just about every Sunday morning and have for years now and I can assure you this was a decision from his heart and was at times very difficult during the remodeling.
Bill was not in the campground business before or anything of the like he is learning also and has trained his staff and they are on top of it.
Bill and his Staff of Mary,Skip and Bonnie are very dedicated and really great people also.

Bill loves Suches and anything with 2 wheels.He has ridden all over the country and in the Alps. He has several bikes and is into all aspects of motorcycles.
Stop by have some lunch and camp for the night he will be around the campfires in the evening to have a beer with you and talk motorcycling.

Gt and Frank were great people too and ran a great place also!!
Frank has passed on and I still see GT riding the roads!
I hope GT is out riding and enjoying his life he worked for it for years!


Two Wheels of Suches has a facebook page and they are working on a website.
It is a great place and it is a special place for the motorcycling community
and for Suches. In my opinion there is no other place like it on earth!!
Ride on in and take it all in on the porch and enjoy a burger and a tea
or just float around and enjoy the conversation.
__________________
Quote from Pj "if loud pipes save lives imagine what learning to ride that thing would do!!!"

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:14 AM   #10
loosesprocket OP
Adventurer
 
loosesprocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Blairsville, GA
Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates View Post
Correct Red Bud

New owner is a great guy and a long time TWO customer
It is now called Two Wheels of Suches
There was no evil conspiracy here the place was closed for 2 years now it is back open completely remolded and with a brand new bath house!
TWO was always ran be good people and it is once again!!

Owners of the land did want to sell the whole 70 acres and Bill bought the whole 70 acres cut out 10 for TWOS and kept the rest for his pleasure.
Bill is a avid motorcyclist and one of the greatest people you will meet.He will go out of his way to help anyone he can. I ride with Bill just about every Sunday morning and have for years now and I can assure you this was a decision from his heart and was at times very difficult during the remodeling.
Bill was not in the campground business before or anything of the like he is learning also and has trained his staff and they are on top of it.
Bill and his Staff of Mary,Skip and Bonnie are very dedicated and really great people also.

Bill loves Suches and anything with 2 wheels.He has ridden all over the country and in the Alps. He has several bikes and is into all aspects of motorcycles.
Stop by have some lunch and camp for the night he will be around the campfires in the evening to have a beer with you and talk motorcycling.

Gt and Frank were great people too and ran a great place also!!
Frank has passed on and I still see GT riding the roads!
I hope GT is out riding and enjoying his life he worked for it for years!


Two Wheels of Suches has a facebook page and they are working on a website.
It is a great place and it is a special place for the motorcycling community
and for Suches. In my opinion there is no other place like it on earth!!
Ride on in and take it all in on the porch and enjoy a burger and a tea
or just float around and enjoy the conversation.

Well Said Coates !
loosesprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #11
Me and my monkee
Out makin' Monkee Maps
 
Me and my monkee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Augusta GA
Oddometer: 973
I have to say, the new name bothers me. Practically trademark infringement IMO. And the inside of the lodge I don't feel is 'improved'. Lost a large part of its appeal. Looks like a cafeteria now. I will say that the exterior is much improved, and the new bathhouse looks great.
__________________
2001 Moto Guzzi California Jackal, 2000 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours,
2001 Suzuki SV650S, 2001 Suzuki DR650SE,
2001 Kawasaki BN125 Eliminator, 1981 Kawasaki AR80
Me and my monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #12
shocker4her
When I am King
 
shocker4her's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 507
I can't wait to camp out there again. The place will never be the same and that's fine... old memories can be

talked about while new memories are born.


Now since there is 60 acres of unused land...maybe a nice single track.

I wish the new owner much success.
__________________
Ziggy socky, ziggy socky, hoy, hoy, hoy

CRF450X(plated)
YZ 250
Don't blame me I didn't vote for the lawyer
shocker4her is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #13
Laconic
Gaulded
 
Laconic's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Moran Nation, NC
Oddometer: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates View Post
Correct Red Bud

New owner is a great guy and a long time TWO customer
It is now called Two Wheels of Suches
There was no evil conspiracy here the place was closed for 2 years now it is back open completely remolded and with a brand new bath house!
TWO was always ran be good people and it is once again!!

Owners of the land did want to sell the whole 70 acres and Bill bought the whole 70 acres cut out 10 for TWOS and kept the rest for his pleasure.
Bill is a avid motorcyclist and one of the greatest people you will meet.He will go out of his way to help anyone he can. I ride with Bill just about every Sunday morning and have for years now and I can assure you this was a decision from his heart and was at times very difficult during the remodeling.
Bill was not in the campground business before or anything of the like he is learning also and has trained his staff and they are on top of it.
Bill and his Staff of Mary,Skip and Bonnie are very dedicated and really great people also.

Bill loves Suches and anything with 2 wheels.He has ridden all over the country and in the Alps. He has several bikes and is into all aspects of motorcycles.
Stop by have some lunch and camp for the night he will be around the campfires in the evening to have a beer with you and talk motorcycling.

Gt and Frank were great people too and ran a great place also!!
Frank has passed on and I still see GT riding the roads!
I hope GT is out riding and enjoying his life he worked for it for years!


Two Wheels of Suches has a facebook page and they are working on a website.
It is a great place and it is a special place for the motorcycling community
and for Suches. In my opinion there is no other place like it on earth!!
Ride on in and take it all in on the porch and enjoy a burger and a tea
or just float around and enjoy the conversation.
Good post. I only stayed there once, when Kevin and I were on the way to Alabama and we rode out with you in the morning.

I hope to be able to get over there again in 2014. Looking forward to seeing all the improvements.

I think I'll miss all the memorabilia in the clubhouse, though.
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #14
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS
 
mb90535im's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: NW GA
Oddometer: 4,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me and my monkee View Post
I have to say, the new name bothers me. Practically trademark infringement IMO. And the inside of the lodge I don't feel is 'improved'. Lost a large part of its appeal. Looks like a cafeteria now. I will say that the exterior is much improved, and the new bathhouse looks great.

It doesn't really matter what they call it. it will always and forever be known as and referred to as "TWO" by any riders I know.
__________________
"Dang man I'm impressed." - Willy-B
"Are you OK? ... Are you sure you're OK?" - Honcho
"Disturbing and funny, all at the same time." - MrTwisty
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #15
rush2112_2112
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rush2112_2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Cumming, GA
Oddometer: 155
Single track? Now that would be a great use of the land. Great call.

Sent from my LG G2
__________________
Super Tenere
rush2112_2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014