ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #16
loosesprocket OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me and my monkee View Post
I have to say, the new name bothers me. Practically trademark infringement IMO. And the inside of the lodge I don't feel is 'improved'. Lost a large part of its appeal. Looks like a cafeteria now. I will say that the exterior is much improved, and the new bathhouse looks great.

As time goes on it will gain it's own character and appeal. How someone feels about the old vs the new is up to them. I am glad it has been reopened and improved IMO and is available for everyone to enjoy. There will be a lot more going on there in 2014 and I feel the new owner has done a great job with the place.
loosesprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #17
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im View Post
It doesn't really matter what they call it. it will always and forever be known as and referred to as "TWO" by any riders I know.
I agree completely. It's still the same place as it was when I first stayed there in 1990. The owners and some of the buildings have changed but it's the same place. The great location and roads haven't changed and neither has the fact that it's a great gathering place for riders on all types of bikes.

What many forget is that TWO has changed several times in the past. The founder and original owner was Frank Cheek. He was a true pioneer and started the first motorcycle only place that I know of. All the motorcycle places out there today copied him. During the time Frank owned it he relocated it a couple of times ( to the airport and back) and then sold it to Britt and GT. Under Britt and GT, TWO changed quite a bit. IMO, some changes were good and some weren't. It has always been one of my favorite destinations since the first time I visited and I am glad the new owner re-opened it so it can continue to be one of my favorite destinations.

For those interested, there is a picture thread dedicated to TWO and TWoS. It's a good way to see some of the history.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663265

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #18
RonSavage
adventure maker

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
I agree completely. It's still the same place as it was when I first stayed there in 1990. The owners and some of the buildings have changed but it's the same place. The great location and roads haven't changed and neither has the fact that it's a great gathering place for riders on all types of bikes.

What many forget is that TWO has changed several times in the past. The founder and original owner was Frank Cheek. He was a true pioneer and started the first motorcycle only place that I know of. All the motorcycle places out there today copied him. During the time Frank owned it he relocated it a couple of times ( to the airport and back) and then sold it to Britt and GT. Under Britt and GT, TWO changed quite a bit. IMO, some changes were good and some weren't. It has always been one of my favorite destinations since the first time I visited and I am glad the new owner re-opened it so it can continue to be one of my favorite destinations.

For those interested, there is a picture thread dedicated to TWO and TWoS. It's a good way to see some of the history.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663265
+ 1 ,Give it time,everytime I go , I like it more.
RonSavage is offline   Reply With Quote