BalancePoint
Mucker

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
This.

Don't overthink it.
+1.
There are a lot of folks out there who are just plain old dickheads. For thousands of years they've plagued civilization.
BalancePoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #92
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,214
Drunk guy beaks off about some stupid shit that meant something to his alcohol addled mind at the time. It happens. Nothing to you as nothing lost or damaged. Forget about it, ride on.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #93
Sun Ray
Polyglottic Moran

Oddometer: 905
People who have criticized my bike in the past are generally without a bike. It's been, the stupid college kid: "Hey nice Bike… wait that's a Honda? Get a real bike you pussy!" Or this lady holding a sign at an intersection: Hey, nice Harley. Hey, that's not a Harley, get an american bike asshole!
Never, ever had I ever had a Harley guy pull up to me and criticize my bike. And I'm not a fan of HD culture, but generally most stories told about them can be relegated to lore, in my experience. In fact, Harley or metric cruiser types are the first ones to help with a flat or anything of concern. I don't like Harley for personal reasons (and mostly biased) but this story that Harley riders give a shit what you're ride is, myth.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936940
Sun Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #94
kenstone
newb

Oddometer: 212
I didn't read thru the 7 pages here, so it may have been suggested already, know this, a head butt with a helmet on can be deadly if the situation warrants it.
kenstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #95
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray0of0Sun View Post
People who have criticized my bike in the past are generally without a bike. It's been, the stupid college kid: "Hey nice Bike… wait that's a Honda? Get a real bike you pussy!" Or this lady holding a sign at an intersection: Hey, nice Harley. Hey, that's not a Harley, get an american bike asshole!
Never, ever had I ever had a Harley guy pull up to me and criticize my bike. And I'm not a fan of HD culture, but generally most stories told about them can be relegated to lore, in my experience. In fact, Harley or metric cruiser types are the first ones to help with a flat or anything of concern. I don't like Harley for personal reasons (and mostly biased) but this story that Harley riders give a shit what you're ride is, myth.

"Relegated to lore."
I agree with you 100%.
Plus, it's an easy way for some to make themselves feel like they belong to the metric group to bash HD. Or maybe just a group that will have them...
Red9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #96
2tallnwide
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray0of0Sun View Post
but this story that Harley riders give a shit what you're ride is, myth.
I haven't run across any of it since I bought our Harley either...

Seriously, it has been a bigger issue in the past, not nearly as much of it going around these days. Of course the worst were the asshats that weren't even on a motorcycle, because they weren't even on a motorcycle.

I have never understood why it was so important for me to buy a Harley. No one in the 40 years I have been riding has ever hollered out...get a Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, BMW, etc...it's always a Harley. I guess it finally paid off for them though, just bought my first Harley last month...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkh6lrOfT4

2tallnwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #97
Conedodger
Wanna Ride

Oddometer: 172
Love the buy American stuff from the misinformed. My brother-in-law was beaming about the new Chevy Aveo he bought for my niece until I pointed out the made in Korea by Daewoo sticker!
Conedodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #98
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,384
A guy I used to work with always gave me crap about riding "jap scrap"
He had a Harley, but I never saw him ride it.
He drove a Honda mini suv though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #99
mr7q
Stupid and Contagious

Oddometer: 307
The only time I was ever asked when I was going to get a Harley was when I was actually on my XR1200. I was a little confused to say the least.

No accounting for idiots. No amount of trying to figure them out will ever provide them enlightenment, and only keeps you from doing something constructive with your brain.
mr7q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #100
Sun Ray
Polyglottic Moran

Oddometer: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr7q View Post
The only time I was ever asked when I was going to get a Harley was when I was actually on my XR1200. I was a little confused to say the least.

No accounting for idiots. No amount of trying to figure them out will ever provide them enlightenment, and only keeps you from doing something constructive with your brain.
I must admit, that is a very cool bike you have and looks very different than other Harleys. You probably weren't wearing a flaming bandana and a skull mask and that confused them. My friend in PA has a harley, he also has a Ducati and a BMW touring, and a Vespa. He's also got plenty of disposable income. Well, I'm not sure if he has any of those anymore. But he loved them all.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936940
Sun Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #101
resqdoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Each one of us has the asshole gene coursing through our veins. Society dictates that we keep it under control if we care to have a modicum of success in our lives.

A small segment of society have simply given up trying to suppress it or are straight up sociopaths that never catered to even trying except when they do so to manipulate their victims.

Add a substance impairment to the mix and you have an Instant Asshole.

Never turn your back on them and never let them strike first.
I am an Emergency Physician and have ample opportunity to encounter the underbelly of society on a frequent basis. DAKEZ, your anology is spot on. I also ride a Harley so I have a good view from all angles.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #102
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqdoc View Post
I am an Emergency Physician and have ample opportunity to encounter the underbelly of society on a frequent basis. DAKEZ, your anology is spot on. I also ride a Harley so I have a good view from all angles.
Hey , Doc , that's ANALOGY.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #103
resqdoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Hey , Doc , that's ANALOGY.
Thnx, joexr, just got home from a very long shift
Old 11-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #104
davenowherejones
short guy

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by resqdoc View Post
Thnx, joexr, just got home from a very long shift
And that is why the whole medical profession should quit working stupidly long shifts. A spelling mistake I can live with, a prescription mistake could kill me.
davenowherejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #105
garyb57
n00b

Oddometer: 7
This is probably my first post in forever, and I have to admit I'm a harley guy, I love Harley Davidson motor cycles,But I have another problem I love moto guzi motorcycles ,and triumphs and ducatis and kawasakis and hondas and suzuki and I can't spell worth a crap. But if you see me at a gas station on my harley and I walk over to you on your bike its to tell you I like your bike, or ask if you know any good back roads. I have always found everyone to be pretty friendly and that a smile and a handshake goes a long way.