87 Harley Low Rider

mikehec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #2867
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehec View Post

That's a beautiful picture of your Harley, Mike! Good job posting it!
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #2868
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Quote:
Hi Colleen,
Thanks for the tips. I must not have my Smugmug account working correctly yet as there is no Smugmug tab at the top of the page where you said it is suppose to be. I'll work on it over the weekend and see what I can come up with. I don't see any other way to post pic otherwise. I will figure it out. Cutting and pasting from my desktop doesn't cut it.
Just thought I'd let you know that I enrolled Ann and myself in a motorcycle training coarse starting in April so......we'll see if she feels comfortable with the whole idea of riding. Would be nice but at least it's a start. I hope that she doesn't get freaked out about it. Three weeks from today I'll be in Punta Arenas. Just about got everything ready to pack up.

Hey James, that neat screw in the light bulb adapter that you used; I am assuming that would only work where there is 110v service. Correct? Chile and Argentina I read have 220v circuits, which will require convertor adapters which I have borrowed, so the light bulb adapter will stay at home in less you have another solution.
Ride safe.
Mike
You can use the light bulb adapter to charge computer/phone/Ipod/GPS/most anything that is 5v.....if you look on your chargers you will see it converts from both 110 and 220 to 5v. Take your adapter and a lightweight extension cord, one of those with three outlets.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:09 PM   #2869
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Hi Colleen,
Thanks for the tips. I must not have my Smugmug account working correctly yet as there is no Smugmug tab at the top of the page where you said it is suppose to be. I'll work on it over the weekend and see what I can come up with. I don't see any other way to post pic otherwise. I will figure it out. Cutting and pasting from my desktop doesn't cut it.
Just thought I'd let you know that I enrolled Ann and myself in a motorcycle training coarse starting in April so......we'll see if she feels comfortable with the whole idea of riding. Would be nice but at least it's a start. I hope that she doesn't get freaked out about it. Three weeks from today I'll be in Punta Arenas. Just about got everything ready to pack up.

Mike, you have to insert smug mug in the tap to the right of the ADVrider tab.

Oh my goodness!!!! I cannot believe that Ann Marie is going to take the motorcycle safety course!!! That is fabulous!!! I thought you wanted her to ride pillion!

We are both excited for you to begin your adventure!!!
You are going to love it and get 'hooked' .... as soon as you return, you'll be getting out the calendar and planning the next motorcycle touring trip!!!!
This sport is ADDICTIVE!!!!

xox

Colleen
Old 02-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #2870
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,484
Nice !
I went to the dealer's shoe in Cinncy back when those were new. I went with a guy that was a die hard Triumph guy, dealer til Triumph went away.
Someone was raffleing a new Low Rider Custom in the same paint as your's and we each bought a ticket.
The rest of us came up blank ,but, the Triumph guy won the bike ! He kept it in his showroom and only rode once around the parking lot. It was sold to a guy that covered the counter with $100 bills.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #2871
mikehec
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Hi James and Colleen,
Thanks for all your help. Now it's time to figure out how to start a new thread for my trip. Not sure where to begin. Starting to pack and trying to keep the amount of gear to a minimum. Although we won't have to carry all our gear on the bikes the plan is to keep it light. The helmet will have to probably come with me as a carry on as I don't want to put it in a duffel bag and have it get thrown around at the airports. Should be able to stuff the helmet with some goodies.
Will have to wait to see how Ann likes the course which will determine the next move. She always said she would prefer to be in control as opposed to riding pllion. I hope that she enjoys the course. Still has a hard time with the idea of having her hair messed up wearing a helmet.
xox
Mike

2012 BMW 1200 GS, 1987 HD FXDR, 1980 YAMAHA GS 400, 1970 HONDA CT 70.

mikehec screwed with this post 02-17-2014 at 02:41 PM
Old 02-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #2872
Royalwapiti
McGillicuddy's pal

Oddometer: 93
Hello

I am only on page 125 but PLEASE somebody tell MO JO that it is not necessary to quote every post. It results in every photo being re-posted again.

It is possible to delete all the photos within the quotes.

By the way, great report.

2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 Red
Royalwapiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #2873
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Yeah we caught that and she figured it out pretty soon.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #2874
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Quote:
Hi James and Colleen,
Thanks for all your help. Now it's time to figure out how to start a new thread for my trip. Not sure where to begin. Starting to pack and trying to keep the amount of gear to a minimum. Although we won't have to carry all our gear on the bikes the plan is to keep it light. The helmet will have to probably come with me as a carry on as I don't want to put it in a duffel bag and have it get thrown around at the airports. Should be able to stuff the helmet with some goodies.
Will have to wait to see how Ann likes the course which will determine the next move. She always said she would prefer to be in control as opposed to riding pinion. I hope that she enjoys the course. Still has a hard time with the idea of having her hair messed up wearing a helmet.
xox
Mike
I'll be following your ride, Mike!!
Not pinion, silly! Pillion!
Having her hair messed up should be the least of her worries with taking on all that riding a motorcycle demands of oneself! She'll soon forget about that and become clever with head scarfs

Safe travels my friend!

Colleen
Old 02-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #2875
mikehec
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks Colleen, I corrected that. I was close.
Found a way to post my pic's other than Smugmug so will see how that goes. I don't know how many I can post on one page like you did.
Ann is being a good sport in signing up for the course and all. I hope that she enjoys it. She reminds me, "she is not the dare devil like Colleen" !! Baby steps.
We will be out in WA again in July ??? (6-18)??? but otherwise will be hanging around WI. Hope we can meet up.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #2876
Pieman2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Awesome report.
Pieman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #2877
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman2 View Post
Awesome report.

Tanks very much.................
Old 02-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #2878
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Quote:
Thanks Colleen, I corrected that. I was close.
Found a way to post my pic's other than Smugmug so will see how that goes. I don't know how many I can post on one page like you did.
Ann is being a good sport in signing up for the course and all. I hope that she enjoys it. She reminds me, "she is not the dare devil like Colleen" !! Baby steps.
We will be out in WA again in July ??? (6-18)??? but otherwise will be hanging around WI. Hope we can meet up.
I wish I could show you how easy it is with Smug Mug to post the pictures...

Me? Dare the devil? Never!!!
When we do get to Pewaukee, let's make a huge pair of stilts and walk up and down your street.....ask Ann Marie....

The BMW rally is in Minnesota this July...... maybe we'll ride over for that event.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:20 PM   #2879
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Jump Shot in Ushuaia sent to us today by the photographer that took the picture of us in Tierra del Fuego.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:28 PM   #2880
mikehec
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKERS View Post
I wish I could show you how easy it is with Smug Mug to post the pictures...

Me? Dare the devil? Never!!!
When we do get to Pewaukee, let's make a huge pair of stilts and walk up and down your street.....ask Ann Marie....

The BMW rally is in Minnesota this July...... maybe we'll ride over for that event.
Would I be a renegade to admit that I use another program to upload pictures that I've use before that is actually FREE and that seems to work about the same.
No Colleen it wasn't the walking up and down the street that was what I heard about...... it was walking up the front steps at your house that she recalls.
Rally in MN sounds great. There is also a Rally run in WI in May.
Mike