Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2014, 09:24 PM   #2881
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehec View Post
Would I be a renegade to admit that I use another program to upload pictures that I've use before that is actually FREE and that seems to work about the same.
No Colleen it wasn't the walking up and down the street that was what I heard about...... it was walking up the front steps at your house that she recalls.
Rally in MN sounds great. There is also a Rally run in WI in May.
Mike
I meant we could walk up and down YOUR street on stilts. Ann Marie can see how easy it really is........
Yes, I used to walk up and down our front stairs on those sturdy, huge to me at the time, stilts my dad made for me. Ahhhh.... those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end!

James and I are taking a motorbike ride to Lake Havasu, Arizona on Monday and returning to Claremont on Thursday. Not huge, but, hey, it's a ride!!!

xox
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #2882
mikehec
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKERS View Post
I meant we could walk up and down YOUR street on stilts. Ann Marie can see how easy it really is........
Yes, I used to walk up and down our front stairs on those sturdy, huge to me at the time, stilts my dad made for me. Ahhhh.... those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end!

James and I are taking a motorbike ride to Lake Havasu, Arizona on Monday and returning to Claremont on Thursday. Not huge, but, hey, it's a ride!!!

xox
I remember my dad making stilts for us kids too and having a ball. Sure we can make a pair or 2 and recall those good old days ....the days that we thought would never end!!! Yeah!!!! Somebody ought to write a song about them....

I hope you have a safe and fun ride. Do you miss the DR's or are you glad to be back on the GS's?

xox

2012 BMW 1200 GS, 1987 HD FXDR, 1980 YAMAHA GS 400, 1970 HONDA CT 70.
mikehec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #2883
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Do you remember the swimming pool problem on page 4?
When we returned to Claremont, we found were happy to find the pool still in the ground. It did have an abundance of hairline cracks all over the surface.

James did a great job on narrowing down the inlets and outlets to determine where the leak was. He capped off the return lines and pressurized each one with compressed air. All of the lines held except one. The line that was causing the leak was a decorative fountain. He did away with it completely.

We are going to re-plaster the pool with pebble tech. First the existing plaster has to be hammered out

In came the trucks today..... four guys on jack hammers and one hauling the five gallon buckets of concrete back to the truck.

The concrete dust spread far and wide and we were left with hours and hours and hours of outdoor cleanup .....

TUCKERS screwed with this post 02-21-2014 at 09:32 AM
Old 02-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #2884
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehec View Post
I remember my dad making stilts for us kids too and having a ball. Sure we can make a pair or 2 and recall those good old days ....the days that we thought would never end!!! Yeah!!!! Somebody ought to write a song about them....

I hope you have a safe and fun ride. Do you miss the DR's or are you glad to be back on the GS's?

xox

I will be happy to see the DR's back home. Osvaldo emailed me today and said that there will be more bikes in April..... I don't know how he knows this....
But, great for us if it is true!....... I've asked him several times how these riders find him but he never answers that question.

James and I found him in a rather circuitous manner. First we went to the tourist information building. There we obtained a list of shipping companies in Usuhaia. We walked to some of the offices on the list. Most were of no help.
One place we stopped at two wonderful female employees that helped us. While their company could not do the job for us, they made telephone calls to people who knew people and eventually we were put in contact with Osvaldo.

I suggested to Osvaldo that he go to the tourist information building and give them all of his information and services that he provides. I told him that that was the first place James and I went to look for help. I don't imagine we are the only ones who have asked or who will ask for shipping help.

Osvaldo's reply to me was: "Colleen, stay calm." There will be more motorcycles in April.

I thought that funny!!! I was just trying to help him out with some marketing tips! Oh well, what do I know?

But heyyy, Mike! I'm rambling!!!

Yes, I will welcome our DR's home!!! Can't wait to ride them up from Long Beach. I'll use mine to run errands and shop around town.... it's easier to take out than the GS's for short runs.

We will ride down to Cabo San Lucas in April..... If the DR's would have been home by then, maybe James would have wanted to ride them down to Cabo..... I'm perfectly happy on our GS's for that run.

I'll post some pictures of our ride over to Lake Havasu next week Monday.

Colleen
Old 02-21-2014, 07:56 AM   #2885
adventurebound9517
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Quote:

xox
Drop me a pm, I would enjoy meeting you two.
Phillip
adventurebound9517 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #2886
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurebound9517 View Post
Drop me a pm, I would enjoy meeting you two.
Phillip
OK. We will be staying with our friend in one of the condo's near the bridge.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #2887
mikehec
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

I will be happy to see the DR's back home. Osvaldo emailed me today and said that there will be more bikes in April..... I don't know how he knows this....
But, great for us if it is true!....... I've asked him several times how these riders find him but he never answers that question.

James and I found him in a rather circuitous manner. First we went to the tourist information building. There we obtained a list of shipping companies in Usuhaia. We walked to some of the offices on the list. Most were of no help.
One place we stopped at two wonderful female employees that helped us. While their company could not do the job for us, they made telephone calls to people who knew people and eventually we were put in contact with Osvaldo.

I suggested to Osvaldo that he go to the tourist information building and give them all of his information and services that he provides. I told him that that was the first place James and I went to look for help. I don't imagine we are the only ones who have asked or who will ask for shipping help.

Osvaldo's reply to me was: "Colleen, stay calm." There will be more motorcycles in April.

I thought that funny!!! I was just trying to help him out with some marketing tips! Oh well, what do I know?

But heyyy, Mike! I'm rambling!!!

Yes, I will welcome our DR's home!!! Can't wait to ride them up from Long Beach. I'll use mine to run errands and shop around town.... it's easier to take out than the GS's for short runs.

We will ride down to Cabo San Lucas in April..... If the DR's would have been home by then, maybe James would have wanted to ride them down to Cabo..... I'm perfectly happy on our GS's for that run.

I'll post some pictures of our ride over to Lake Havasu next week Monday.

Colleen
The ride to Cabo San Lucas sounds like another adventure. Good for you.
What is the big difference between riding the DR and the GS's. Why would James prefer to take the DR's?
Not much else going on. Pool job seems like a big project. I hope that it
goes well.
Will be waiting for the pictures from next next weeks ride.

xox

mikehec screwed with this post 02-23-2014 at 06:25 PM
Old 02-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #2888
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

The difference between the DR's and the 1200's is weight in this instance.

We know some dirt roads that we would like to explore around San Quentin and it is just so much more comfortable on a lighter bike. You don't need all the HP, just low down torque and light weight are nice.

The DR's are of course slimmer, this helps.

The 1200's are nice on the highway though, and there are long stretches of fabulous highway.

'Run what ya brung' though....we've made the trip on our BMW R1100RSL's so whatever.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #2889
mikehec
Gnarly Adventurer

Well I hope you have a good time and a little luck getting your DR's in time.
Sounds like you are not letting the grass grow under your feet. Will be looking for your next report.
Mike

Old 02-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #2890
Eddywoodgo
two wheeled nomad

Oddometer: 926
Quote:
The difference between the DR's and the 1200's is weight in this instance.

We know some dirt roads that we would like to explore around San Quentin and it is just so much more comfortable on a lighter bike. You don't need all the HP, just low down torque and light weight are nice.

The DR's are of course slimmer, this helps.

The 1200's are nice on the highway though, and there are long stretches of fabulous highway.

'Run what ya brung' though....we've made the trip on our BMW R1100RSL's so whatever.
I too own a 1200 (GSA) but left my big pig back in OZ. Like the Tuckers, the DR is my weapon of choice for a run to the tip.
Cant beat that air cooled, carby infused simplicity.
Eddywoodgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #2891
mikehec
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi James and Colleen,
Did you make it to Lake Havasu last weekend? I didn't see anything posted and was just wondering if you made it or not or whether you posted the report on another thread. .
Mike

Old 03-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #2892
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

We spent two nights in Lake Havasu. Actually, we didn't take the camera. We decided to ride without snapping photos..... I guess we got a bit lazy.... tsk-tsk....

We came home a day early as we didn't want to get caught in the storms that were headed our way.

You must be ready to fly out soon?
Old 03-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #2893
Vin
Addict

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Final packing done . Quite tidy.

I just started following a few days ago. Everytime I turn to a new page you have food or gear or accesories - how did you ever get it all into this tight of a package? I've got to see your packing list.
Enjoying the ride along.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #2894
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Well, with two bikes you can carry a lot of stuff.

We shared out the load.

Colleen basically carried the food.

I carried the kitchen.

We took camping gear but never used it, so we would have had even more room.

We pretty much have our packing down to a fine art, we've been doing it together for 13 years.

Light clothes, nylon, no denim.

Kitchen and camping, things that fit inside of each other. Like a stove that fits in a pan. A light that fits in a cup. The big empty spaces are wasteful, so find things that fit.

I also installed a tool tube on each bike.

The extra bag on the top box is useful too.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #2895
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 679
Question When is the Party?

So when will be a big party Mr. and Mrs. Tucker
Scubalong is offline   Reply With Quote