Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #751
canadianmoose
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKERS View Post
We are crossing with Captain Ludwig Hoffman and the 1905 Sailing vessel the "Stahlratte"...Steel rat...................on 6th Dec.

If you catch up come to Purple House Hostel in David. Google for directions. It's not hard to find. If you find the Super 99 you are almost there. As you come in from the Pan Am ask for Super 99, it's a right turn, when you go down that road, a left turn after gas station street before Super 99 takes you direct to Purple. We are staying tonight too. Then hope to find a beach closer to the CITY for a few days. Then we go to Panama House Bed and Breakfast night of the 4th. 5th we spend on an island near Carti.
It's not obvious when you enter David, all the action is off the highway. I don't remember the right turn, plus the names are impossible to see anyway. my GPS works, but by the time you realize the turn is here you are past it!
Excellent. We are on that boat as well. We should be getting to David tomorrow (Saturday). Will you guys still be there?
Old 11-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #752
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,441
tuckers to tdf

Friday 29th November 2013

The count:

room.............................................. .........$27.00
soda/juice............................................. ...$5.04
2 bus rides for 2........................................$1.40
beers/snack............................................. .$8.00
notebooks......................................... .......$3.20

total............................................. ..........$44.64

We bought a camera $180.00 and some clothes too ($51), but are not counting them.

We are able to use our credit card in most every place.
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #753
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

tuckers to tdf

Purple House Hostel, David, Panama:

YES, everything IS purple

There is NO WAY I would sit on that 'furniture'! Yikes! Gotta love the guys, they just don't care! That's the dogs chair on the right. Colleen

TUCKERS screwed with this post 11-29-2013 at 06:52 PM
Old 11-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #754
monkey-butt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Pissed

Well James: Your reports have certainly opened my eyes, as much as I would love to ride that route. The Customs and Graft Bullshit would have me steaming. I can't stand to be in a lineup for the US border Crossing and that only takes 20 mins max. 4 Hours putting up with bureaucratic nonsense and dickheads would cause me to become murderous. Hats off to you guys, you have more patience than me. Fumigation $2.00 was it Holy water they splashed on the tires? If there was a clearer way of doing the border crossings with all the paperwork filled out before hand it might make the journey more pleasant, but this sounds like a bit of riding within a daily visit to the DMV.

Martin
monkey-butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #755
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

I guess the toilet is so handily close to the wall if you come in drunk you can sit on the throne and rest your head on the wall

Old 11-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #756
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmoose View Post
Excellent. We are on that boat as well. We should be getting to David tomorrow (Saturday). Will you guys still be there?
We plan to leave by noon and head for Santa Catalina area, Hibiscus Garden.

If you go back a few posts I updated it to show street names for Purple House.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #757
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey-butt View Post
Well James: Your reports have certainly opened my eyes, as much as I would love to ride that route. The Customs and Graft Bullshit would have me steaming. I can't stand to be in a lineup for the US border Crossing and that only takes 20 mins max. 4 Hours putting up with bureaucratic nonsense and dickheads would cause me to become murderous. Hats off to you guys, you have more patience than me. Fumigation $2.00 was it Holy water they splashed on the tires? If there was a clearer way of doing the border crossings with all the paperwork filled out before hand it might make the journey more pleasant, but this sounds like a bit of riding within a daily visit to the DMV.

Martin
It really is quite awful. Of course it's hot. Of course we have our protective gear on. You could arrive like a movie star, negotiate with a helper to do all the work. Strip off to your shorts and flip flops and just get a snack and a soda. There is some personal appearance one must make. You can't give any money to helper until you are done. There are fees to pay. Plus you don't want to give your original pieces of ID to a helper. It's just a struggle it really is. YES, you would go nuts.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #758
Off Road USA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
I have spent the last three hours reading this RR very nicely done! I wish you a very safe and enjoyable trip as I sit here and follow you ! I hope to do this one day soon myself, God bless and stay safe.. Chip.... I'm watching this all the way thru
Off Road USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #759
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

tuckers to tdf

Stopping for a 'swift one' before heading down the street one block to Purple House

Panama a real nice lager

The company was average!

Waitress has a nice pair............of ear rings

Such a groovy ambience. Seems at this time of day many professionals stop by for a swift one

Just a nice local outside bar with well dressed people having a drink
Old 11-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #760
monkey-butt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Purple !

Good God, Aunty Peg was there.
monkey-butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #761
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road USA View Post
I have spent the last three hours reading this RR very nicely done! I wish you a very safe and enjoyable trip as I sit here and follow you ! I hope to do this one day soon myself, God bless and stay safe.. Chip.... I'm watching this all the way thru
Welcome and thanks. We appreciate every ones good vibes and well wishes. We will do our utmost to keep you informed, entertained and perhaps even amused.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #762
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey-butt View Post
Good God, Aunty Peg was there.
I know Martin. It's more than you can see. Towels, plates, cups, sheets, ash trays...everything
Old 11-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #763
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

tuckers to tdf

Old 11-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #764
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

tuckers to tdf

VOLKSWAGEN.....yes VW. Fibreglass body. Made in Brazil. It's like a glass Jeep on steroids, really studly

I have no idea what this is. Could be 2 stroke, it had a very small exhaust

Old 11-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #765
TUCKERS OP
the famous james

Quote:
Originally Posted by EltonAvenue View Post
Colleen, did James not tell you about the family madness when he was wooing you???Also, why so many of them had to leave England???

Oh well, I'm sure that if you keep slipping the medication into his tea then he keeps relatively calm (for a Prestonian!)

I think another bottle of Cab' would be a nice way to see you both through the afternoon.........Enjoy, I'm not jealous at all.....no....really!
As you can see, we opted for some shorties instead of the cab .

Hmmmm.... he kept very quiet about his 'mad' family!

I took one look at that smile he had, so large as to almost cracked his face apart, his easy manner, his humor and other attributes and I knew I had to have him for my own

Colleen