Rider

Oddometer: 2,284
One of the reasons I ride in Mexico.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #17
snoman002
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
So wait, he had the lights on for over a mile...and had time to call in support?

Was this 'light speed' in a parking lot? Because around here one mile is about one minute of travel time, if you doing 5 under the limit! 60 miles per hour, or one mile per minute... 80 mph or about one mile per every 45 seconds. If he can get other cars radioed and behind him in one minute how the heck does NY have such a crime rate?

Bet it was bored cops looking for a runner, and he was probably upset when you didn't.

And what the heck is witrh the 'passing on the right'? If they are not stopping drivers for blocking the left then they shouldn't be giving tickets for passing on the right.
snoman002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
"you were speeding, here is your ticket" occifer

"ya, ok" citizen

the cashier doesn't scream at you when you don't have exact change, why are cops allowed to be dicks when it's just another job ? big deal. ewwww, a piece of paper. whatever. just hand the thing over and go away.
khager is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #19
HSThompson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:

the cashier doesn't scream at you when you don't have exact change, why are cops allowed to be dicks when it's just another job ? big deal. ewwww, a piece of paper. whatever. just hand the thing over and go away.

This.
HSThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #20
NovaTrophy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
Just be glad this didn't happen....

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/i...h-a-stop-sign/
Old 11-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #21
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Police Benevolent Association , which is ironic because MOST cops are malevolent.
Is that rhetorical, as in just being nice to them, or is it some association that sends you a card when you donate money? I used to have a Sheriff's Association bumper sticker that worked fairly well, and I have heard it is difficult to get a ticket if you have a fireman's decal on your car.

Quote:
Originally posted by snoman002
And what the heck is with the 'passing on the right'? If they are not stopping drivers for blocking the left then they shouldn't be giving tickets for passing on the right.
One of my pet peeves. Does anybody know if it is illegal to mount a forward facing red light on your vehicle to get these left lane blockers to pull over? I wouldn't be impersonating an officer, or actually stopping them. I just want them to get the hell over. Flashing brights doesn't work, tailgating doesn't work. I have even been tempted to pass in the oncoming lanes just to follow the pass on the left rule, but there are double yellows most of the time.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #22
Starchamp
Rebel Scum

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
Is that rhetorical, as in just being nice to them, or is it some association that sends you a card when you donate money? I used to have a Sheriff's Association bumper sticker that worked fairly well, and I have heard it is difficult to get a ticket if you have a fireman's decal on your car.
I may get this confused with the FOP (Fraternal Order of Police), which issues similar cards, but I think it's the same deal. A PBA card is a card that is given to you (and usually signed) by an LEO (typically a friend, neighbor, relative, etc.). It's like a get-out-of-jail free card--depending on why you got stopped--but with the LEO's name and badge number on it, so the LEO who stopped you can notify them that you were operating your vehicle of choice in a manner they found unsafe/unlawful. The card basically informs the guy stopping you that you're friends with somebody, so he cuts you some slack.
Starchamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #23
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchamp View Post
I may get this confused with the FOP (Fraternal Order of Police), which issues similar cards, but I think it's the same deal. A PBA card is a card that is given to you (and usually signed) by an LEO (typically a friend, neighbor, relative, etc.). It's like a get-out-of-jail free card--depending on why you got stopped--but with the LEO's name and badge number on it, so the LEO who stopped you can notify them that you were operating your vehicle of choice in a manner they found unsafe/unlawful. The card basically informs the guy stopping you that you're friends with somebody, so he cuts you some slack.
Damn. My CHP friend has been holding out on me. He probably thinks I'm a reckless sumbitch, and doesn't want to be associated with me.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #24
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:

One of my pet peeves. Does anybody know if it is illegal to mount a forward facing red light on your vehicle to get these left lane blockers to pull over? I wouldn't be impersonating an officer, or actually stopping them. I just want them to get the hell over. Flashing brights doesn't work, tailgating doesn't work. I have even been tempted to pass in the oncoming lanes just to follow the pass on the left rule, but there are double yellows most of the time.
Red lights , even red turn signals , are illegal on the front.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #25
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,332
Quote:
Does anybody know if it is illegal to mount a forward facing red light on your vehicle to get these left lane blockers to pull over?
Having a forward facing red (or blue, or green, depending on jurisdiction) light is very illegal if you aren't an authorized driver of an authorized vehicle. Headlight modulators can have the same effect, and are 50 state legal.
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #26
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Had his gun drawn. What the fuck, gonna shoot you for speeding?
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #27
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
Had his gun drawn. What the fuck, gonna shoot you for speeding?
An officer never knows who he's pulling over.

http://www.woodtv.com/news/michigan/...y-traffic-stop
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:24 AM   #28
JohnnyWaffles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
"you were speeding, here is your ticket" occifer

"ya, ok" citizen

Police officers deal with shitbags all day long who don't take responsibility for their actions, which the OP did do.

The actual equivalent is going to check out counter, bitching about the price, trying to bargain lower and when he doesn't budge, you get all pissy, call him a pig and storm off.
The KTM is the kind of bike you take behind the middle school and get pregnant. It's the kind of bike that, from the moment you light the fire, you know is downright nasty and makes you want to meet in the Burger King bathroom and lick its butthole.
JohnnyWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #29
joef
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
I don't get it. Any of it. You rode badly, got pulled over by a trooper who was angry because he frequently has to scrape bits of bad riders off the road, got yelled at because you couldn't hear the police car hailing you for a mile with your music plugged ears, used a bogus PBA card, got two moving violation citations - and you are bragging about this? Good luck with that.
Where do you see bragging? Op shared a story and you flame him with a opinionated post.
The interweb is full of all types..
joef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #30
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider

Oddometer: 1,202
Talking smack about a cop as a person is one thing. There's assholes in every occupation. But bitching about leos in general is just blatantly ignorant.

-"I wouldn't trade one stupid decision for another five years of life."
Anonawesome is offline   Reply With Quote