Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #31
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
An officer never knows who he's pulling over.

http://www.woodtv.com/news/michigan/...y-traffic-stop

Did you really attempt to justify drawing down on every single TRAFFIC law violator, because you don't know who they are?

One in 20 million or so actually ends in a murder, so treat everyone as a murderous psycho until you see their papers ?

Shit man. That's crazy.

Maybe you were just pointing out a recent outcome, and not falling into the deep end of crazy distrust for everyone around you?
Old 11-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #32
small_e_900
Amanda carried it

Oddometer: 1,711
PBA card and you got two tickets?

Those things used to be good for one free murder.

Times have changed.
small_e_900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #33
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
Did you really attempt to justify drawing down on every single TRAFFIC law violator, because you don't know who they are?

One in 20 million or so actually ends in a murder, so treat everyone as a murderous psycho until you see their papers ?

Shit man. That's crazy.

Maybe you were just pointing out a recent outcome, and not falling into the deep end of crazy distrust for everyone around you?
It's a situtaional call by the officer. There's no way for you to know how the last call the cop was on went. There's no way for you to know if there is a bulletin out for an armed robber who you happen to resemble. I don't particularly like being approached by an offcer with his sidearm drawn, but I understand that he's looking out for his own safety, which is the same thing that I would do if it were my job to talk to strangers who are suspected of breaking the law.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/e...m/traffic.html

http://www.forcescience.org/trafficstop.html

On an individual basis, death tself is a rare event. Should individuals not try to avoid death just because it will only happen once in their lifetime?

k-moe screwed with this post 11-10-2013 at 01:36 PM
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #34
bemiiten
League of Adventures

Oddometer: 4,835
It never ceases to amaze me how unprofessional and ignorant a growing number of police are. You see it time and again where they choose to hit the lights and force motorist to stop where they put themselves , other traffic and the motorist in unnecessary danger. Can they show a ounce of common sense and wait to hit the lights when their is a safe place to pull over. It's only a minor fucking traffic violation for christ sake. These hotheads have no business in police work. The OP should file a complaint as it will go on the officers record.
bemiiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #35
jeveretts
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
My Brother in Law was stationed at Ft Stewart in Georgia many years ago. I got him in into motorcycles, and he bought an FJ1100. When he was coming home to Florida for a weekend off, he said he wanted to see what his bike would do, on the 2 lane highway he said he got it to 125 or so, and then continued tooling along at a very high rate of speed until he saw a road block in front of him. He stopped and got thrown on his face and cuffed. Evidently there were some more cops about 15 miles back that couldn't catch up, he never knew he was being chased.
jeveretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #36
r60man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 403
The local cops around here are too busy giving tickets to actually fight crime. They station is right near my in laws house. I get to see them driving while on their cell phones all of the time. PA has a hands free law now, and they don't use it. I started taking pictures of them. Sure enough I got pulled over by the chief last week for doing 5 mph over while going downhill.

I got my cards ready and opened the picture up on my phone. He takes my stuff, sees my phone and says "What's that?" I say, "One of the photos in an essay of cops on their cell phones I was going to send to the local paper. Pretty good pic of you don't you think?" He hands my stuff back and tells me to slow down and asks me to delete the pic. I already had it saved twice so I deleted it, not really. LOL

Speed doesn't kill anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you - Jeremy Clarkson
r60man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #37
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemiiten View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how unprofessional and ignorant a growing number of police are. You see it time and again where they choose to hit the lights and force motorist to stop where they put themselves , other traffic and the motorist in unnecessary danger. Can they show a ounce of common sense and wait to hit the lights when their is a safe place to pull over. It's only a minor fucking traffic violation for christ sake. These hotheads have no business in police work. The OP should file a complaint as it will go on the officers record.
If you look at the statistics more cops die in line of duty in a patrol car crash, or as a result of getting hit by another vehicle on the side of the road, than die by gunfire.
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #38
mountaincadre
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeveretts View Post
My Brother in Law was stationed at Ft Stewart in Georgia many years ago. I got him in into motorcycles, and he bought an FJ1100. When he was coming home to Florida for a weekend off, he said he wanted to see what his bike would do, on the 2 lane highway he said he got it to 125 or so, and then continued tooling along at a very high rate of speed until he saw a road block in front of him. He stopped and got thrown on his face and cuffed. Evidently there were some more cops about 15 miles back that couldn't catch up, he never knew he was being chased.
mountaincadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #39
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
It's a situational call by the officer. There's no way for you to know how the last call the cop was on went. There's no way for you to know if there is a bulletin out for an armed robber who you happen to resemble. I don't particularly like being approached by an officer with his sidearm drawn, but I understand that he's looking out for his own safety, which is the same thing that I would do if it were my job to talk to strangers who are suspected of breaking the law.
Wow.

When your wife calls crying because some idiots just pointed guns at her and your kids because his automated tag scanner said "criminal" remind me about this mindset OK?

Ya, point a gun at people before thinking or double checking because they-might- be a criminal. What could ever go wrong? It's for safety after all.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #40
jeveretts
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
If you look at the statistics more cops die in line of duty in a patrol car crash, or as a result of getting hit by another vehicle on the side of the road, than die by gunfire.
Are you saying that cops should be pointing their sidearms at oncoming traffic when stopped?

jeveretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #41
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,101
The OP kept going when they tried to pull him over (although he didn't do it on purpose). That elevates the traffic stop to a higher level. The cop showed restraint by not forcing him to lay on his face with a knee to the back of the neck. I suspect the yelling and whatnot was left over from the adrenaline rush that was still fading after he realized the misunderstanding.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #42
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaTrophy View Post
Just be glad this didn't happen....

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/i...h-a-stop-sign/
Even if this story was only true, it's disgusting to say the least.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #43
scootrboi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
I got stopped for failing to change lanes on I-95 in Mass. At the time I was baffled at the anger he expressed. I was going 55 in the right lane driving a small reefer, his car was behind a row of barrels with the flashing lights on top. I thought the signs which said Change Lanes or Slow Down were offering me a choice. There was no one around me and he wanted me a lane away. I think he was in his car. $100.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #44
hart OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
well

Yes I was bad but I did not ride badly. I was not driving 100 mph just faster than the other cars, which is how I usually ride, I want things to roll out in front of me not come from behind. This raises a question tho and I wonder how most bikers from the ADV rider crowd deal. I know how the Harley guys do it... Here it is.....
Speeding----
Passing --- Double yellow and on the right..
Lane splitting in traffic--

I admit that I speed regularly, and that if im on some two lane road following a slowpoke or two I pass when its safe, even on double yellow,and when the traffic slows to a crawl I lane split. Most cage drivers seem to understand and are ok with it. There are exceptions who bust balls or get insulted or block you, but more often than not they are civil. So where are you folks at with this, I know one response called me a braggert etc but that was not my intention in sharing the story, just thought it would be illuminating especially the part about being nice no matter what. I totally respect what PO's do out there, without them it would not be a safe world for most of us, even tho Ive run into some true "dick" cops, they are the exception. I don't forget that Im white and a grey head and understand that people of color have a whole different experience in their interactions with law enforcement and that's not OK but it is the reality today.. Stereotypes are too easy..Im sure if I was a black guy riding like that I would have ended up in jail with a much more serious outcome so my guy let me off cheap except he scared the shit outta me.
hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #45
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
Wow.

When your wife calls crying because some idiots just pointed guns at her and your kids because his automated tag scanner said "criminal" remind me about this mindset OK?

Ya, point a gun at people before thinking or double checking because they-might- be a criminal. What could ever go wrong? It's for safety after all.
Better safe than dead.

Scared isn't dead.
Crying isn't dead.

Did the National Guardsmen patroling airports with M-16s after 9/11 freak you out too?

k-moe screwed with this post 11-11-2013 at 05:40 PM
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote