ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
Better safe than dead.

Scared isn't dead.
Crying isn't dead.

I thnk you are looking at the situation with a first-world mindset.
Did the National Guardsmen patroling airports with M-16s after 9/11 freak you out too?
No, because the guardsmen knew it was a sham for the cameras.

The first part of your response was stupid and you know it.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #47
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,219
How's this answer then. My wife, having been pulled over by an officer, who approached with his sidearm unholstered, did not in fact cry. Neither did my son. I'm fine with you not liking things that you don't like, but not liking them won't make them go away.
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #48
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
It's a situtaional call by the officer. There's no way for you to know how the last call the cop was on went. There's no way for you to know if there is a bulletin out for an armed robber who you happen to resemble. I don't particularly like being approached by an offcer with his sidearm drawn, but I understand that he's looking out for his own safety, which is the same thing that I would do if it were my job to talk to strangers who are suspected of breaking the law.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/e...m/traffic.html

http://www.forcescience.org/trafficstop.html

On an individual basis, death tself is a rare event. Should individuals not try to avoid death just because it will only happen once in their lifetime?

I've been pulled over a couple times by cops that were VERY amped up because THEY thought we were in a high speed chase. And yet, never had a gun drawn.

Once I was stopped because I fit the description of a possible armed robber, and they stopped me just to check me out. they kept their distance and DIRECTED me to get out of the car, but still never actually pointed a weapon at me.

So yeah, I also find it very disturbing that a guy would pull someone over with a gun drawn.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #49
NYTrainer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
"Stupid is as stupid does".

Being polite AND grey hair go along way whenever I have been pulled over, but it has never been for anything like this.

2004 DR650 Suzuki,1978 Yamaha XS750,
1981 Yamaha XS650 Street Tracker,1981 Yamaha XV920 Chain-drive
1986 Yamaha YZ490-Vintage MX project, Yamaha TW200(Girl Friend's Ride) Yamaha TDM 850
NYTrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:39 AM   #50
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
How's this answer then. My wife, having been pulled over by an officer, who approached with his sidearm unholstered, did not in fact cry. Neither did my son. I'm fine with you not liking things that you don't like, but not liking them won't make them go away.

"Un holstered" and "screaming and taking aim" are exactly the same.

Kind of like how three mile island and a microwave are exactly the same.

Oops, I was supposed to continue your game of downplaying situations of stress and generalize things instead of making the absurdity even more obvious.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:38 AM   #51
revrandy
The Riding Rev.

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Having a forward facing red (or blue, or green, depending on jurisdiction) light is very illegal if you aren't an authorized driver of an authorized vehicle. Headlight modulators can have the same effect, and are 50 state legal.
In Ontario it is okay to have a flashing blue light (snow removal), or a flashing green light (volunteer firefighter), but not a flashing red on its own. Police have blue and red, so I am guessing that can't have red even in conjunction with another colour.

We also have flashing purple lights for funerals. I have one that I mount on my motorcycle for when I lead funeral processions. People love seeing the bike with the flashing light, followed by the hearse. They do a double take.
revrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #52
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
"Un holstered" and "screaming and taking aim" are exactly the same.

Kind of like how three mile island and a microwave are exactly the same.

Oops, I was supposed to continue your game of downplaying situations of stress and generalize things instead of making the absurdity even more obvious.
Speaking of obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart View Post
Cop jumped out literally frothing at the mouth pointing at me, gun out and down to his side, screaming at me.
It seems you are thinking about an entirely different situation than I am. I'm thinking about the one the OP posted.
In your scenario I would be very upset (maybe even piss myself), and would file a complaint afterward.

k-moe screwed with this post 11-12-2013 at 05:29 PM
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote