Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #1636
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 886
For those of you watching the BT Sport feed...

Did you find the new commentator that is not Toby Moody (because nobody can truly replace him) completely awful? He consistently cut off Julian Ryder and would run on his sentences so long that whatever Ryder had to say would just become irrelevant. Where the crap did this guy come from?
Old 03-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #1637
RCmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post

Did you find the new commentator that is not Toby Moody (because nobody can truly replace him) completely awful? He consistently cut off Julian Ryder and would run on his sentences so long that whatever Ryder had to say would just become irrelevant. Where the crap did this guy come from?
nope, didn't notice it really. enjoyed BT, as nick harris' voice is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears. wish BBC never stopped
RCmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #1638
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post

I prefer Toby.

However, I switched over to the Japanese braodcast at some point when my feed for BT Sports went down. I was much happier not understanding whatever they were saying.

I did switch back after the race finished so I could hear the interviews.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #1639
RCmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post
I muted the commentary after Nick Harris kept yammering about some unrelated point throughout Lorenzo's crash and walk in the gravel. It's as if he's doing the commentary while working on a crossword puzzle.

The video alone makes subscription worth it though.
glad I'm not the only one that can't stand Nick Harris, doesn't anyone have the balls to tell him he doesn't have to yell! he's the reason I won't pay for the motogp.com vid pass. miss BBC, but Charlie Cox wore out "as you like" in about 2 races
RCmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #1640
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,560
Quote:
I muted the commentary after Nick Harris kept yammering about some unrelated point throughout Lorenzo's crash and walk in the gravel. It's as if he's doing the commentary while working on a crossword puzzle.

The video alone makes subscription worth it though.
I really liked how when both Lorenzo and Bradle crashed they were in the middle of saying what a great job they were doing
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #1641
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
Commentators curse. Happens more often than you'd think. Kind of interesting really.
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:25 AM   #1642
Turder
Throttle engineer

Oddometer: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCmoto View Post
glad I'm not the only one that can't stand Nick Harris
AleiussusSpargaro. Gets me every time, all the time. Like there is some ancient Greek God riding the lightning wagon, which still out-turns the TT.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #1643
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,110
Commentators, I just think back to the days of Speed, and NASCAR Announcers. People who think motorcycle racing involves Harley's and fizzy yellow beer. Greg White has gotten better and better, while Fox has wandered around kicking people out of the weeds to blather on screen. And helping out by cutting to commercial when anything interesting is about to happen. Their feed is NOT that live.
This race in particular MotoGP feed seemed to drop audio, and screw up the video once in a while. The video would fast forward, then freeze, then be normal. Audio randomly went missing.

Even with that it is better than what Fox NASCAR sports has to offer. Their screaming boob who re-caps what you missed during the two minute commercial break is a mouth. I'm sure he is fine at the Whack-A-Mole sideshow in the NASCAR parking lot where they found him, but he knows less about motorcycle racing than the cats at my house.
Motorcycle racing is the one thing on the TV, they will walk into the room and lay down and pay attention to.
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:41 AM   #1644
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,331
I find it funny how people love Marquez's outta control - in control riding style, but didn't like it when Simoncelli rode like that. Maybe Marquez needs to grow his hair out...
Old 03-25-2014, 08:39 AM   #1645
Zeekster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
[QUOTE=Mr Head;23774809]Commentators, I just think back to the days of Speed, and NASCAR Announcers. People who think motorcycle racing involves Harley's and fizzy yellow beer. Greg White has gotten better and better, while Fox has wandered around kicking people out of the weeds to blather on screen. And helping out by cutting to commercial when anything interesting is about to happen. Their feed is NOT that live.
This race in particular MotoGP feed seemed to drop audio, and screw up the video once in a while. The video would fast forward, then freeze, then be normal. Audio randomly went missing.

Even with that it is better than what Fox NASCAR sports has to offer. Their screaming boob who re-caps what you missed during the two minute commercial break is a mouth. I'm sure he is fine at the Whack-A-Mole sideshow in the NASCAR parking lot where they found him, but he knows less about motorcycle racing than the cats at my house.
Motorcycle racing is the one thing on the TV, they will walk into the room and lay down and pay attention to. [/

I agree of all the commentators I've listened to in my life Nick is the least of my worries...as to the feed I had the same problems...that said,I still love the MGP feed over Stupid Speed/nascrap...hope the rest of the season stays as exciting as Qatar...jus sayin...
The only time you have too much fuel...is when yer on fire...Mario Andretti
Zeekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #1646
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
I find it funny how people love Marquez's outta control - in control riding style, but didn't like it when Simoncelli rode like that. Maybe Marquez needs to grow his hair out...
Because MM is Spanish, not Italian.

"The Howtostretch Handbook", a guide to stretching, free download
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:54 AM   #1647
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,240
I like the video pass coverage. Commentators can drone on sometimes but you get some good info once in a while too.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #1648
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,839
I was able to finally watch the race last and get it off my DVR. Like someone sai..yeah, Wow..some good racing between some big names. Now I can come back in this thread.

Sadly, attrition was the reason why some of the guys made the top ten. I hope the rumor about one of them getting a new motor is true. Never saw the camera on him after the start, for the entire rest of the race.

Not sure which announcer it was, since we are bitching, one of them actually butchered saying Qatar towards the end of the race, or soon after it was over.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #1649
Mike Yanagita
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
Because MM is Spanish, not Italian.
Because MM is a winner. It's a lot less impressive when you're taking a lot of risks and punting people into the gravel just for a top-5 finish.

That said, MM's last episode has been a while. Seems to me Simoncelli was barging into people on a more regular basis.
Mike Yanagita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #1650
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,944
Quote:
Because MM is a winner. It's a lot less impressive when you're taking a lot of risks and punting people into the gravel just for a top-5 finish.

That said, MM's last episode has been a while. Seems to me Simoncelli was barging into people on a more regular basis.

I like MM a lot, but he pulled some crazy shit in moto2, no

I think he will get better and better as well. Simo was on an upward curve as well, were MM seems to adapt quicker, it may have taken Simo a few more seasons to get it all together. And it did seem like it was happening. He just needed his mind to dial back his testosterone level.

"The Howtostretch Handbook", a guide to stretching, free download
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote