Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #1666
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
I find it funny how people love Marquez's outta control - in control riding style, but didn't like it when Simoncelli rode like that. Maybe Marquez needs to grow his hair out...
People DID like it when Simo did it - his passion was contagious. The comparo with Marquez is apt. As the photo sequence shows, he is on the razor's edge. How long can you keep rolling sixes?

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #1667
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
"The duel between Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez in the '14 Qatar MotoGP race was one for the ages".

Great race, but the press having to make such grandiose statements tells you how boring and processional some of the past years have been.
Motorcyclist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #1668
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
Great race, but the press having to make such grandiose statements tells you how boring and processional some of the past years have been.
It was a good few corners.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked it, but it was just a few interesting corners over a lap of an otherwise good, but not spectacular race.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #1669
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
It was a good few corners.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked it, but it was just a few interesting corners over a lap of an otherwise good, but not spectacular race.
It didnt look like Rossi and Marquez had a very serious battle of wits and talent for most of the race? Both were going as hard as humanly possible with out quite taking each other out,I thought it was spectacular.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:36 PM   #1670
jm-2008
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
[QUOTE=Foot dragger;23781353]It didnt look like Rossi and Marquez had a very serious battle of wits and talent for most of the race? Both were going as hard as humanly possible with out quite taking each other out,I thought it was spectacular.

Great to see some cameraderie in the Park Ferme.
As much as MM presents a serious risk to any aspirations from the aliens, I'm thinking VR can identify with MM's enthusiasm for racing, his all out style flair - if only we could translate their post race dialogue.
At some stage the old guy's will step aside and hand over the baton to MM but in the interim MM brings some long sought after colour and enthusiasm to MotoGP.

Just hope no one does a Brad Baker move on him if/when MM shuts the gate on them.

2014 will be an interesting year.

JM-2008
jm-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #1671
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,165
1. there was a lot more to that race than just Rossi and Marquez.

2. if you didn't think that was a great race, top to bottom, you are hopelessly jaded. Greatest ever? No, but an exceptional race nonetheless.

C. naturally, Rossi being part of the battle for the lead throws the 'net into tilt mode.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:46 AM   #1672
Foot dragger
singletracker

[QUOTE=jm-2008;23781780]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
It didnt look like Rossi and Marquez had a very serious battle of wits and talent for most of the race? Both were going as hard as humanly possible with out quite taking each other out,I thought it was spectacular.

Great to see some cameraderie in the Park Ferme.
As much as MM presents a serious risk to any aspirations from the aliens, I'm thinking VR can identify with MM's enthusiasm for racing, his all out style flair - if only we could translate their post race dialogue.
At some stage the old guy's will step aside and hand over the baton to MM but in the interim MM brings some long sought after colour and enthusiasm to MotoGP.

Just hope no one does a Brad Baker move on him if/when MM shuts the gate on them.

2014 will be an interesting year.

JM-2008
It was fun watching MM and Baker at the Superprestigio,Baker was trying to be patient with Marquez's theatrics of thinking he could beat an actual top level dirttracker.

The stuff/pass Marquez pulled on VR wasnt so different then what Rossi has done in the past,but it could have taken them both down if things had gone just slightly different. In Moto-Gp you about have to make a pass happen,waiting for a mistake doesnt always work.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:51 AM   #1673
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

2. if you didn't think that was a great race, top to bottom, you are hopelessly jaded. Greatest ever? No, but an exceptional race nonetheless.

C. naturally, Rossi being part of the battle for the lead throws the 'net into tilt mode.
Yep,good racing all the way through the pack,Bautista is getting better but needs to quit roller balling the thing,hes faster and faster when hes on two wheels. I hope the tires arent such an issue at the next track,they shouldnt be such a determining factor.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #1674
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

I guess that after watching Moto2 for the last few years, my idea of great races differs. By MotoGP standards yes, that was one for the books, compared to the last few years. But when Moto2 is all slice and dice, 4 leaders per lap, all laps like that, then I guess I'm jaded. Or spoiled.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #1675
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
I guess that after watching Moto2 for the last few years, my idea of great races differs. By MotoGP standards yes, that was one for the books, compared to the last few years. But when Moto2 is all slice and dice, 4 leaders per lap, all laps like that, then I guess I'm jaded. Or spoiled.
Moto-2? I guess I'll have to watch it more as I havent seen many moto-2 races like that.

The early moto-3 races were something else,when they first started running the 250's they diced and sliced from flag to flag.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #1676
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Moto-2? I guess I'll have to watch it more as I havent seen many moto-2 races like that.
Moto II has been the saviour over the last few years for me. Wicked, tight racing and battles with more than 4 guys contending, always.
ErikY. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #1677
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
I only caught the last 10 laps, but that was some of the best racing I've seen in a while in Moto GP. Watching Rossi and Marquez going at it had me up on the edge of the couch. Also, Pedrosa and Aspargero had a good battle going for third and fourth. It was good seeing four or five riders running that close together for most of the race. I'm heading out to COTA in a couple of weeks, I can't wait.
IgoFar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #1678
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar View Post
I only caught the last 10 laps, but that was some of the best racing I've seen in a while in Moto GP. Watching Rossi and Marquez going at it had me up on the edge of the couch. Also, Pedrosa and Aspargero had a good battle going for third and fourth. It was good seeing four or five riders running that close together for most of the race. I'm heading out to COTA in a couple of weeks, I can't wait.
It was almost as competitive as a WSBK race
Motorcyclist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:49 AM   #1679
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
It was almost as competitive as a WSBK race

Yep!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:01 AM   #1680
y2blade