Oddometer: 7,216
Honda on upgrades to the Production Racer

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...rade-rcv1000r/

So, Jerez, then?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #1682
Mighty Kentor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Suppo: "We are going to keep an eye on it but it is a bit early to panic and say we must do something urgently. And I don’t think anybody was expecting to have a machine that was going to win races."

Way to promote your product.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #1683
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
Moto II has been the saviour over the last few years for me. Wicked, tight racing and battles with more than 4 guys contending, always.
It was weird to have the motoGP race be more exciting than the Moto2 race!

Great weekend of racing in all 3 classes. Hopefully JL figures things out and can be competitive in Texas.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:57 AM   #1684
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Kentor
Way to promote your product.
Let them eat cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Redding

“We need power. You can see it, everyone can see it.

The tank holds 22.2 litres of fuel. I don't understand why when we can run 24. For something that doesn't cost a lot of money to make a bigger fuel tank and give us the advantage of more fuel, I don't know what happened there.

They are changing it though, but it is what it is. We had to save fuel in the race, it was a new experience for me. If they bring a bigger tank and that's another step closer to the front pack.”

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #1685
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
Let them eat cake!
Quote:

“We need power. You can see it, everyone can see it.

The tank holds 22.2 litres of fuel. I don't understand why when we can run 24. For something that doesn't cost a lot of money to make a bigger fuel tank and give us the advantage of more fuel, I don't know what happened there.

They are changing it though, but it is what it is. We had to save fuel in the race, it was a new experience for me. If they bring a bigger tank and that's another step closer to the front pack.”
Quote:
If you give me Bautista's bike from last year with a softer tyre and more fuel, I would beat Bautista.
I believe it, too.

Serious props to Scott for besting Hayden in his first Moto GP race.

On one hand, I see that as bad for Nicky. On the other, I think Scott is showing some very serious potential.

Source for the quotes: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/201...s-changed.html

Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #1686
5th-Elefant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,305
I think the new generation of riders coming up for moto2 in general have upped the game. Give them all works bikes and they'd make the old-guard look very ordinary.
5th-Elefant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #1687
Chief Ten Bears
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th-Elefant View Post
I think the new generation of riders coming up for moto2 in general have upped the game. Give them all works bikes and they'd make the old-guard look very ordinary.
I can't understand how Bradl and Bautista still have rides on factory Honda's... They are content peddling around doing nothing every single race, and when they do have a shot they blow it, time and time again...
Chief Ten Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #1688
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,816
Nicky's team needs to change their colors. Those colors are just not gonna win races.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:11 AM   #1689
mdubya
Right Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Bears View Post
I can't understand how Bradl and Bautista still have rides on factory Honda's... They are content peddling around doing nothing every single race, and when they do have a shot they blow it, time and time again...
They don't have the best suspension or brakes. Where else would they go? Who would do any better than they are with the equipment they have?

I think Bautista has shown very well. Bradl, not quite as well. But he is perfect for bringing German audiences.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #1690
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,133
More Rossi...before Moto 3 race

Anyone see Rossi peering thru the fence just before the start of the Moto 3 race? He always seems to watch those before his own race (hey, he's a fan, too ).

Anyway, he was all smiles, laughing and joking with everyone, regardless of his not-so-great MotoGP qualifying spot.

I remarked to my wife (she's a BIG Rossi fan) and she said "Rossi just LOVES the whole atmosphere, the attention, the drama, everything!"

True dat. Then it occurred to me (a BIG Stoner fan), that was just the opposite of Stoner...he HATED everything but the actual racing. Probably good he's quit.

Anyway, just an observation...like the rest of y'all, hope Rossi's performance was an indication of an exciting season. He certainly appears to be enjoying himself, as is MM.

--Doc
1991 Honda Hawk NT650 (commuter)
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #1691
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg View Post
Anyone see Rossi peering thru the fence just before the start of the Moto 3 race? He always seems to watch those before his own race (hey, he's a fan, too ).
Rossi has his own Moto3 team.
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/V...orm+Moto3+team
Old 03-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #1692
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
They don't have the best suspension or brakes. Where else would they go? Who would do any better than they are with the equipment they have?

I think Bautista has shown very well. Bradl, not quite as well. But he is perfect for bringing German audiences.
Bradl has led races but he can't maintain the pace ( or finish, FTM) over race distance.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #1693
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:

I thought that last year Bradl signed a contract with HRC to get ALL the good stuff, no?
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:45 PM   #1694
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
I thought that last year Bradl signed a contract with HRC to get ALL the good stuff, no?
LCR uses Ohlins suspension and has an unmarked Brembo front brake. I think all the satellites have the seamless tranny this year.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #1695
Chief Ten Bears
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
Quote:

Redding for instance, his statement. "Give me Bautista's bike from last year, and I'll beat him". Thats killer instinct that wins races or at the very least puts you at the sharp end of the grid with a capable bike.

I don't see that out of Bradl or Bautista. I think Honda could have 4 bikes in the top 5 consistently if they had guys who can ride the wheels off the factory bikes. It just seems a waste to me, to give your best or close to it to guys who aren't going to extract the best from it.
Chief Ten Bears is offline   Reply With Quote