Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #271
kbroderick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
First year in the "bigs" for MM. He may be fast but remember, he is still learning.

How much did JLo wad it up when he first came to MotoGP? Seems that he was doing agricultural riding quite a bit- I just re-watched "Fastest".
If there are similar annual reports from MotoGP for years past, I'd love to see them...don't know if the data is public or not, though.
kbroderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:54 AM   #272
Turder
Throttle engineer

Oddometer: 470
If Honda throws in a seamless gearbox for Moto3 that will be huge advantage as the bike won't lose any speed during shifting and keeps the momentum going. IMO bigger difference than in MotoGP where the engines are more powerfull to muscle on. Plus the advantage of not messing up the chassis stability when leaning over.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #273
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
If there are similar annual reports from MotoGP for years past, I'd love to see them...don't know if the data is public or not, though.
Not sure if those #s are available, but the "Fastest" movie did show Lorenzo in the kitty litter pretty frequently in his first year on the big bike.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #274
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turder View Post
If Honda throws in a seamless gearbox for Moto3 that will be huge advantage as the bike won't lose any speed during shifting and keeps the momentum going. IMO bigger difference than in MotoGP where the engines are more powerfull to muscle on. Plus the advantage of not messing up the chassis stability when leaning over.
Had to look that one up, but no luck for the Moto3 class- from the FIM regulations
(my emphasis in bold/underline)

4. Transmission

4.1 A maximum of 6 gearbox speeds is permitted.

4.2 A maximum of 2 possible gear ratios for each gearbox speed, and 2 possible ratios for the primary drive gear is permitted. Teams will be required to declare the two gearbox ratios chosen for each gear at the beginning of the season, and only these ratios may be used during the entire season.
The alternate gearbox ratios and primary gears must have the same list price and lead-times as the original supplied gearbox (see Art. 1.11 to 1.15).

4.3 Gearbox systems must be of the conventional type. That is: constant-mesh with engagement dogs as an integral part of the gear, actuated by shift forks and shift cam or drum, with only one set of gears engaging at one time. So-called “seamless shift” transmissions (also known as Automated Manual Transmission, Instantaneous Gearchange System) are not permitted.

4.4 Electro-mechanical or electro-hydraulic clutch actuating systems are not permitted.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #275
craigincali
Just hanging around

Oddometer: 1,968
MM is changing his crew around, brining back some of his Moto2 guys. He just won the Title, not sure I would screw with that...what do you guys think?

Did I read that right West suspended for 18 months!!! Ouch !
craigincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #276
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigincali View Post
Did I read that right West suspended for 18 months!!! Ouch !
I believe that this is retroactive back to LeMans 2012. He loses all his points (and perhaps $$ won) since then.

All for a sports drink he bought from a "nutrition shop" then drank.

But should be good to go for the 2014 season.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #277
bxr140
Flame Bait

Oddometer: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
Please play closer attention...........
You and swimmer might want to throw down a teaspoon of that medicine.
It is the offseason, after all...
bxr140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #278
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxr140 View Post
You and swimmer might want to throw down a teaspoon of that medicine.
It is the offseason, after all...
Shit yeah.

Offseason SUX.

Looking for ANY news.

Swimmer and 'specially Krop.....pleez....keep us in the MGP loop.

But wait- my subscription to MM does that.

Never mind

John

Old 11-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #279
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,836
Waiting.

Waiting.

Patiently......

Old 11-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #280
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Old 11-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #281
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Old 12-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #282
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,496

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #283
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 46,023
Forseti and I were talking over coffee last night, and we got to bench racing for a bit.

The subject came up about Dall'Igna, and what he had ahead of him at Ducati. We were also talking about Burgess and what he'd do now. So we put the two together, and tried to think through the possibility.

If I were Audi and Dall'Igna, I'd be cracking open the bank and getting Burgess. Not to be a crew chief, but to run a design/development program for their race bikes. Not only is he current on GP, he's current on the Duc pretty much. The version he knows is the version that Nicky was beating Dovi with.

Remember the story about JB making his own frame mid-season for Gardner to win on cause the HRC one was shite? I think that if Dall'Igna was to approach him about being the guy who makes the bike, that would be really interesting to him.

For all his career, he's fought to make the bike work, to get the factory to give him the tool he needs for his rider to go fast and win.

He is the Yoda in MotoGP. Nobody current has half his knowledge and experience. So much corporate knowledge, I would think that to see him simply retire would be such a shame for him and the sport. I think that if he were take on a mission at Ducati (the other factories have way to many middle men to make this viable), one that gave him the latitude to try the things he couldn't under the hierarchy in place when he was there before, that would interest him.

Then there's the Audi part of the equation. They have a long track record of knowing how to put together a winning race program, in whatever series they choose to compete in. So far, their actions have pointed towards them doing just that at Ducati.

We were just batting around ideas, a couple of fans with a basic knowledge of the sport, wondering about the future in a series we enjoy. We claim no insight in this. Which is why I posted about it. We're really curious to know if Krop has heard anything, or anyone else for that matter. It's a scenario with a lot of potential, we thought.

Thoughts?
Old 12-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #284
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Forseti and I were talking over coffee last night, and we got to bench racing for a bit.

The subject came up about Dall'Igna, and what he had ahead of him at Ducati. We were also talking about Burgess and what he'd do now. So we put the two together, and tried to think through the possibility.

If I were Audi and Dall'Igna, I'd be cracking open the bank and getting Burgess. Not to be a crew chief, but to run a design/development program for their race bikes. Not only is he current on GP, he's current on the Duc pretty much. The version he knows is the version that Nicky was beating Dovi with.

Remember the story about JB making his own frame mid-season for Gardner to win on cause the HRC one was shite? I think that if Dall'Igna was to approach him about being the guy who makes the bike, that would be really interesting to him.

For all his career, he's fought to make the bike work, to get the factory to give him the tool he needs for his rider to go fast and win.

He is the Yoda in MotoGP. Nobody current has half his knowledge and experience. So much corporate knowledge, I would think that to see him simply retire would be such a shame for him and the sport. I think that if he were take on a mission at Ducati (the other factories have way to many middle men to make this viable), one that gave him the latitude to try the things he couldn't under the hierarchy in place when he was there before, that would interest him.

Then there's the Audi part of the equation. They have a long track record of knowing how to put together a winning race program, in whatever series they choose to compete in. So far, their actions have pointed towards them doing just that at Ducati.

We were just batting around ideas, a couple of fans with a basic knowledge of the sport, wondering about the future in a series we enjoy. We claim no insight in this. Which is why I posted about it. We're really curious to know if Krop has heard anything, or anyone else for that matter. It's a scenario with a lot of potential, we thought.

Thoughts?
Doesn't seem like the worst idea but JB is still being paid by Yamaha next year and getting paid a full salary for not doing anything seems like a nice way to head into retirement.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #285
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 46,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Doesn't seem like the worst idea but JB is still being paid by Yamaha next year and getting paid a full salary for not doing anything seems like a nice way to head into retirement.
We wondered about his contract for next year, whether he has still 'employed' by Yamaha.

The thinking was that this is the kind of job he would consider instead of retirement, seeing it for the opportunity it is.

No way Yamaha (or HRC) would give him the latitude that I think he'd get at Ducati with the new command structure.