Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 11:35 PM   #526
craigincali
Just hanging around

Oddometer: 1,983
If Pedrosa does not win the title he will loose his HRC ride at the end of the year it seems pretty simple to me. HRC has given him more than enough time and equipment to get the job done. He has failed where other have not (Stoner, Marquez).
craigincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:44 PM   #527
PeterW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
If you're one of the lactose intolerance nay-sayers such as myself, that article definitely points more towards anxiety and panic attack issues rather than lactose intolerance with 2008/2009 series. Coming off a championship, pressure is high, after Laguna and "the pass" he basically folded after that. Then 2009, pressure still on, not as dominant, anxiety/panic attacks set in.

Being that high strung and having that much pressure put on you, and on a bike that is crap, I could definitely see the nerves getting to him for sure. I've dealt with both and it sucks so definitely feel for the guy and after reading that just somewhat cements my thoughts that it was anxiety and not so much lactose intolerance.

Just my couch racer 2 cents. Bro could ride the hell out of a bike. ALMOST as good as he could hold a grudge lmao, "I'M PISSED AT YOU FOR SOMETHING YOU WROTE WHEN I WAS RIDING IN THE 125 SERIES THAT WAS YEARS AGO". Danngggggg.

Nope, mostly the lactose intolerance. You've failed to allow for the effort it requires to ride one of those bikes right at the edge. Just poootling arou8nd, no it's not going to have a crippling effect, riding full on, oh yeah.

You go ride your favourite road, at least a couple of hours ride, log the time. Then, take a couple of spoonfuls of Epsom salts, wait three hours then see if you can make the same times - I think you'll find you'll be a lot slower and in a lot of pain by the end of the ride.

You can see the effect on GP riders who have flu or a carrying an injury - they generally aren't finishing first.

Pete
PeterW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:48 AM   #528
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post
he's a little guy and can't use body english to maneuver as well as bigger guys.
Pedro was 34/30 points behind MM/JL in final standings last year. And he lost a lot of points, when MM unintentionally cut his traction control wire @ Aragon and sent him to the orbit. His crash @ Sachsenring was his own fault, but so was JLo΄s crash @ Assen, and MM΄s crash @ Mugello.

Dani΄s got what it takes. But lately he has just been incredibly unlucky. I see no reason, why he could not finally pull it off in 2014 (despite the fact, that of course MM & JL will be very very strong opponents).
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #529
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,571
Injuries decided the title last year, and there's a good chance they will this year also. Just the way it is, when it is so close at the front.

it's a hell of a thing. Lorenzo hurt himself when he was feeling invincible. Crutchlow when he was trying. Pedrosa when Lorenzo got hurt and put him in the box seat.

Rossi survived the season uninjured, not a small consolation for finishing only fourth when you think about it. But he was lucky with the Bautista incident at Mugello.

Marquez? He had a lot of luck where his foremost rivals had bad luck. Will it hold? Let's hope so.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #530
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Marquez? He had a lot of luck where his foremost rivals had bad luck. Will it hold? Let's hope so.
yes Marquez bounced well, but now he's no longer a rookie. And I also think he kept it on two wheels remarkably well in the races last year, only crashed once. Wet Le Mans, and it was Rossi who went down, not MM, even though he had practically zero wet experience on that bike.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Old 01-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #531
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,605
I enjoy reading about all of 'midget dreams' you guys are having about Pedrosa.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #532
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
I enjoy reading about all of 'midget dreams' you guys are having about Pedrosa.
I was once listening to Kevin Schwantz give a talk about MotoGP and someone asked if he thought there'd ever be top woman rider. His response was "Why not? Danny Pedrosa seems to do OK."

Danny has gotten more aggresive the last few years. I don't think he deserves the rap that he won't fight for position anymore. But to win the championship you have to manage a lot of things. Bad setup, injuries, illness, and bad luck. Pedrosa just hasn't managed those things as well as the other riders. It's a tough sport and Pedrosa is there when the competition is pretty strong. I don't believe he'll ever win a GP championship. He may end up being the best racer that never did.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #533
turnenem
TBD

Oddometer: 1,003
[QUOTE=mike54;23246989]I was once listening to Kevin Schwantz give a talk about MotoGP and someone asked if he thought there'd ever be top woman rider. His response was "Why not? Danny Pedrosa seems to do OK."

turnenem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #534
Mike Yanagita
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Dani΄s got what it takes.
I don't really disagree, it's just very rare he puts a pass on someone in the apex, and so my theory that his size (and Estoril '06) puts him at a disadvantage in tight spots.

Opinions he's put to rest: he's not good on the brakes, he's not good in the rain, he's not willing to fight for a position (if he can).
Mike Yanagita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #535
Closed Casket
Suicidal, but a nice guy.

Oddometer: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post
I don't really disagree, it's just very rare he puts a pass on someone in the apex, and so my theory that his size (and Estoril '06) puts him at a disadvantage in tight spots.

Opinions he's put to rest: he's not good on the brakes, he's not good in the rain, he's not willing to fight for a position (if he can).
He certainly won't fight like Jorge and MM fought in the last race of the season. He's 3rd best and won't win a championship. Still, provides quality entertainment and is a great threat at any given race.

I wonder how much more Lorenzo is going to push his personal comfort envelope now knowing what (who) he is up against. Seems like he was really pushing it the last race, which was epic. It is definitely these two guys for the coming 3 years, I think, until Jorge gets too old to keep up at this level. Marquez is too good and too young to stop having fun beating up on everyone, with his immense talent, exuberism and sheer balls. A racer for the millenium. He is loose and is having a fucking blast. Those who follow the Marquez bros may think Alex the greater talent, but I'm not seeing it yet. It's more than just talent, it's the whole attitude, confidence/swagger, and his "prove it" parlance. My favorite racer in a long long time.

2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
Closed Casket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:14 PM   #536
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
Pedrosa is good enough to be champion. The top 3 riders are so close in their abilities, the championship will be decided by the extraneous stuff, luck, health, mechanical failure, tires, seagulls, accurately counting to 10.
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #537
Kawasakirob
Flick the Bean

Oddometer: 856
Wow, its not often someone hears chatter about Pedrosa. Positive chatter that is. He's a good rider, and he is still in the top 3, but Marquez is going to spank him like a naughty housewife. God I cant wait til the season starts.
Crutchlow #35, Hayden #69, Sykes #66, Herrin #2, Noyes #9

Go Edwards # 5
Go Stoner #27
Kawasakirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:03 PM   #538
Dunewar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigincali View Post
If Pedrosa does not win the title he will loose his HRC ride at the end of the year it seems pretty simple to me. HRC has given him more than enough time and equipment to get the job done. He has failed where other have not (Stoner, Marquez).

That is also my opinion. Either he takes a big paycut, or he gets replaced with a young and upcoming talent from moto2. Why would Repsol invest in two title candidates, when they could draw attention by putting a young gun in the seat? Pedrosa is becoming the invisible second, and that is a bad place to be for a sponsor.
Dunewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:16 AM   #539
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

In 2013, there were 3 riders, who were head and shoulders above the rest, and DP was one of them.

So, you're among top-3 in the world, but your not worth a factory ride?? oooookayyyy.....
Old 01-18-2014, 05:56 AM   #540
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigincali View Post
If Pedrosa does not win the title he will loose his HRC ride at the end of the year.

So they are comfortable with replacing him with someone slower? Like I said before, there is the top 3 and then everyone else. At the moment, besides JLo, anyone that might replace him is a big step down, except for Stoner. Pedrosa might make the choice for them.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote