Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #706
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,413
To beat Marquez, I'd think that Dani and Jorge will have to step well outside of their comfort zone.

No perfect lines, perfect lap running away, MM will make them race.

And that would make MGP way more interesting.

We saw glimpses of this last year, now that MM has time on the tracks and data for set up...if 26 and 99 don't take it to 11, they're gonna be fighting for first loser rights.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #707
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
To beat Marquez, I'd think that Dani and Jorge will have to step well outside of their comfort zone.

No perfect lines, perfect lap running away, MM will make them race.

And that would make MGP way more interesting.

We saw glimpses of this last year, now that MM has time on the tracks and data for set up...if 26 and 99 don't take it to 11, they're gonna be fighting for first loser rights.
I think Lorenzo can take Marquez on and even track, i think he proved that last year, If he didn't get hurt in practice he would have won the championship last year, Marquez crashed too many times and is lucky he didn't get hurt and miss multiple races. If Lorenzo pushes him early this year I think the pressure of being world champ will catch up to him.........just my opinion, yours may vary...........
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 02-02-2014 at 04:47 AM
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #708
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,078
If the bikes are matched the same way as last year I do not think Lorenzo can beat MM enough to win the championship. The Honda was clearly a better bike, if the gap closes then Lorenzo's chances improve. On equal bikes I think MM would win but who knows what would happen.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #709
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
I think Lorenzo can take Marquez on and even track, i think he proved that last year, I he didn't get hurt in practice he would have won the championship last year, Marquez crashed too many times and is lucky he didn't get hurt and miss multiple races. If Lorenzo pushes him early this year I think the pressure of being world champ will catch up to him.........just my opinion, yours may vary...........
If, as a rookie and learning like mad, he was still winning and took the crown, what do you think is going to happen now that he has a clue what's going on?
Old 02-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #710
kbroderick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
If, as a rookie and learning like mad, he was still winning and took the crown, what do you think is going to happen now that he has a clue what's going on?
I may be going out on a limb here, but I think he may have had a clue last year

No, seriously, I think that what we saw last year was evidence that he had paid attention on his way up to the premier class and that he learns very quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if we see less improvement from him this year than we have from other sophomores in the past, simply because he managed to find his way to top speed more quickly than most.

On the other hand, I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if he managed to find another tenth per lap.

Either way, I look forward to finding out.
kbroderick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #711
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
By the narrowest of margins, I'll take the masterful cunning of Lorenzo and Pedrosa over the youthful exuberance of Marquez.
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47

HoneyBunz screwed with this post 02-01-2014 at 05:55 PM
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:37 PM   #712
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
By the narrowest of margins, I'll take the masterful cunning of Lorenzo and Pedrosa over the youthful exuberance of Marquez.
I don't think we can put MM in the youthful exuberance any more: he is a seasoned pro, showed us this in moto2, brought it to the big leagues this year.

That said, I am not sure we will see the same measure of improvement in MM next year, but he will improve. Refine himself. Now, jorge and dani can bring it up a bit, it will be another hell of a season

Let's see what the first six races bring for Rossi.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:31 PM   #713
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
I don't think we can put MM in the youthful exuberance any more: he is a seasoned pro,
Fooking ruthless.

I would not bet against MM at this point, but I think the Championship is far from a certainty. It really is a golden era, talent wise.

That said, I think some of the more interesting battles will happen mid pack. Should be great.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:33 AM   #714
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,637
And so will the Supers.

And BSB.

So let's get started!
Old 02-02-2014, 01:36 AM   #715
PeterW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
I think Lorenzo can take Marquez on and even track, i think he proved that last year, I he didn't get hurt in practice he would have won the championship last year, Marquez crashed too many times and is lucky he didn't get hurt and miss multiple races. If Lorenzo pushes him early this year I think the pressure of being world champ will catch up to him.........just my opinion, yours may vary...........
He did get hurt, several times, difference is, he managed to ride through it and still pick up points.

Pete
PeterW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:18 AM   #716
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,702
If if if mm is the champ and deserves it,he will be just as competitive this season,and his team won't make the same rookie mistakes again either, he mighta won by 29 points
Old 02-02-2014, 04:53 AM   #717
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
He did get hurt, several times, difference is, he managed to ride through it and still pick up points.

Pete
True, I meant hurt bad enough to miss races. With the many falls he took he could have easily been out for multiple races but he was lucky that he didn't miss any.

imo if the bikes are even this year Lorenzo will win more races than Marquez, heck he did last year on a bike that was more often than not thought to be inferior to the Honda, that's all I'm saying.

That said I hope everyone stays healthy and we get the best racing possible!
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 02-02-2014 at 04:59 AM
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #718
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
If if if mm is the champ and deserves it,he will be just as competitive this season,and his team won't make the same rookie mistakes again either, he mighta won by 29 points
Fully agreed. I don't get this "if JLo had this and that, then he would've been champ" BS. Marquez was protecting his lead in the last races, who knows he could have won them all as well, if required.

At Sepang, he hunted JL down, fought him, and beat him. That was the last time, when MM was NOT in lead-protect mode.

A rookie beat 'em all, just get over it.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #719
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
just found this thread and I am fired up for some gp
I really like mm but there is alot of talent out there Jorge will be strong but I agree mm makes them all work!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #720
5th-Elefant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Fully agreed. I don't get this "if JLo had this and that, then he would've been champ" BS. Marquez was protecting his lead in the last races, who knows he could have won them all as well, if required.

At Sepang, he hunted JL down, fought him, and beat him. That was the last time, when MM was NOT in lead-protect mode.

A rookie beat 'em all, just get over it.
What he said.
5th-Elefant is offline   Reply With Quote