Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #721
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer: 376
Injuries will again have much to do with the outcome. Hard to win many points when your nursing a broken ankle or cant rotate your right wrist.

A small injury at the wrong time costs points.

Lets hope for a relatively healthy season - I'm sure there will be some great racing.
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #722
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
I don't think we can put MM in the youthful exuberance any more: he is a seasoned pro, showed us this in moto2, brought it to the big leagues this year.

That said, I am not sure we will see the same measure of improvement in MM next year, but he will improve. Refine himself. Now, jorge and dani can bring it up a bit, it will be another hell of a season

Let's see what the first six races bring for Rossi.
Marquez still has a river to cross. He rides as if he is immortal at times. He is more willing to make risky moves. He has the eye of race direction closely upon him and he's been penalized a few times. Though his strategy is a winning one, it's also a little more dependent on good fortune or luck than the strategies of Lorenzo and Pedrosa.

It will be more difficult for Marquez to catch Lorenzo or Pedrosa off guard, as they know Marquez better.

Last year Marquez enjoyed a much lighter burden of expectations than he will experience this year.

2014 is the year Marquez must cross the river, so to speak. Like Lorenzo, he may well be stronger yet once on the other side, but that remains to be seen.

In short, we could very well have an unsettled championship going in to the final race.
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #723
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,812
With a year of MotoGP under his belt, and his own data from all tracks, maybe MM can now afford to ride a little less aggressive, and still pose a serious championship threat? Actually IMO he showed, that he can do this at the end of last year already.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #724
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
With a year of MotoGP under his belt, and his own data from all tracks, maybe MM can now afford to ride a little less aggressive, and still pose a serious championship threat? Actually IMO he showed, that he can do this at the end of last year already.
In other words , he's gonna be fucking fast and everyone else will be chasing him!!
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #725
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,458
mototribu is the man !

Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #726
gco0307
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
If if if mm is the champ and deserves it,he will be just as competitive this season,and his team won't make the same rookie mistakes again either, he mighta won by 29 points
This ................... but ...............

I am personally interested to see if the 'rookie mistakes' continue or cease given the additional personel changes in the team.

It cannot be forgotten that in DORNA video of the PI debacle it is clear that Suppo knew the outcome of continuing outside the pit window, but the 'team' of Marquez chose to ignore and paid the price. Some have said a rookie mistake, some have said arrogance ................ for some reason given the experience in his team I favour the second.

No, for me the sheer fact that experienced MGP heads are not around may be a negative issue (I personally see Suppo as an excellent influence and are genuinely concerned)

That all said however, Marquez is plenty good enough to ride around his and the teams mistakes
gco0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #727
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Old 02-03-2014, 02:53 AM   #728
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
imo if the bikes are even this year Lorenzo will win more races than Marquez, heck he did last year on a bike that was more often than not thought to be inferior to the Honda, that's all I'm saying.
JL did not have a bad bike, that much is certain.

Honda was probably the bike to be on in -13, but only with a slight margin, and at certain tracks, several of them actually, I΄m quite sure that they were evenly matched, even though their strengths are quite different.

Remember, that it never would have been close between JL & MM, if it wasn΄t for that amazingly screwed-up race weekend at Phillip Island.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:34 AM   #729
mdubya
Right Brigade

Aspar, making plans.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #730
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Good looking mochine. I hope that's the livery they use.
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #731
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,560
I sure hope Suzuki gets someone other than DePuniet for any wild cards, I'm sure they'd like the bike to finish with it's wheels down
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #732
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,497
As a reminder, Sepang testing starts on Tuesday at 10:00 AM Local time which translates into 9:00PM tonight EST.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #733
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,200
And as a reminder, on this date last year, we were already on p. 66 (@15 posts/page) - we are a full 25 pages behind our pace last year!

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #734
mdubya
Right Brigade

Turnip Truck '14. Poor Crazy Joe.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #735
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,838