Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #796
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Aleix screwed the pooch when he bought himself out of his Aspar contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjock View Post
Shameful indeed! Looks like Aleix isn't a fool after all.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #797
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
Hasn't American Honda has ponied up a big portion of Nicky's salary thinking there would be some good promotional value in his riding a Honda. Would love to hear some of the phone calls from American Honda to Honda International.
I really was surprised that so much was made over it, but I don't think anyone expected the Honda to be worse than the Ducati.

Having Nicky and Redding riding around in 17th and 19th isn't going to do anyone any good. Not Honda, not Dorna, nobody.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #798
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
Riiiiiight.

Anyone who found the other part "funny" should have the guts to own it. If you're a 1970's throwback gay-basher, at least don't be a chickenshit about it. Because, then you're the REAL "faggot."
Wiseblood,
This is a MotoGP thread. If you have something to contribute towards that subject, then please do.
Calling people names is for the basement, take it down there.

I think Hayden will give his honest opinion of the bike, and I would also suspect his bike will be faster come race day. This is the first test, and nobody will want to have to answer for why the bike is under powered on that day. I say give it a little time, hopefully for Honda, they will see it wont be good for them if they arn't at least in the top 10.
Just seeing Cal's face tells alot about what is still going on over in the Ducati camp.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #799
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
I really was surprised that so much was made over it, but I don't think anyone expected the Honda to be worse than the Ducati.

Having Nicky and Redding riding around in 17th and 19th isn't going to do anyone any good. Not Honda, not Dorna, nobody.
It is really going to be piss me off. My only happiness being that it seems some of the CRT's are doing better than the Duc's.

Edit: well CE anyway.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #800
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
The race broadcast director needs to add a fuel gauge to the throttle/brake/rpm/lean angle graphics overlay.
I suspect we will see riders short shifting their way around the track to conserve fuel, and won't that be exciting?
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #801
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
I couldn't believe Suppo even left the door open for a higher spec motor. Very un-Honda-like.

The non-English Euro press is making Hayden's criticisms much stronger than the English versions.

Honda knew full well that a manufacturer could take a factory bike and use Dorna-spec software and run it in the Open class. I think that Honda didn't expect the level of support that Yamaha is giving Forward. Yamaha got their engineering department's asses kicked last year and retaliation was inevitable.

On a side note, I find it interesting that the new M1 is apparently playing to Rossi's strengths and not Lorenzo's...

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #802
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
The race broadcast director needs to add a fuel gauge to the throttle/brake/rpm/lean angle graphics overlay.
I suspect we will see riders short shifting their way around the track to conserve fuel, and won't that be exciting?
They won't have to -- the software will lean out the fuel map.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #803
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

paddock video, commentary en Italiano.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #804
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
On a side note, I find it interesting that the new M1 is apparently playing to Rossi's strengths and not Lorenzo's...
Rossi is quoted as saying that the new stability under braking is very welcome, but I didn't read or hear anything that hinted at the new bike being no improvement or worse for 99.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #805
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
Wiseblood,
This is a MotoGP thread. If you have something to contribute towards that subject, then please do.
Calling people names is for the basement, take it down there.
I'm not the one who posted the "faggot" gay-bashing joke. Redirect your annoyance, appropriately.

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #806
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Honda knew full well that a manufacturer could take a factory bike and use Dorna-spec software and run it in the Open class. I think that Honda didn't expect the level of support that Yamaha is giving Forward. Yamaha got their engineering department's asses kicked last year and retaliation was inevitable.
And Honda didn't expect the level of commitment by KTM in Moto 3.

If Honda actually gave a shit about the Open Class the bike would have looked a lot more like the Yamaha.
Honda has an interest in seeing the Open class look decidedly second class so that they can keep the Factory bikes as a smaller high end engineering playground. If the Honda and Yamaha Open bikes were a match or near match for the satellite bikes and could occasionally challenge a factory bike the "show" would be more to Dornas liking and would put Hondas position that factories be allowed unlimited electronic mods at risk.

It's no accident the prody Honda is slow. What's interesting is that Yamaha isn't getting in line behind Honda.
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #807
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
It's no accident the prody Honda is slow. What's interesting is that Yamaha isn't getting in line behind Honda.
Honda doesn't want the customer bikes beating their chosen ones, nor their preferred friends on their satellite bikes. That would be embarrassing.

After losing last year, looks like Yamaha wants a lot more bikes in the points. Bradl and Bautista look to be the targets.

Still think they should have dumped Smith and kept Crutchlow. Cal can podium (well, on a Yamaha). Gonna take an Act Of God for Smith to have that happen. If Dani were to turtle 93, 46, and 99 in one turn at once, maybe. But even then I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #808
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood

Oddometer: 2,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Rossi is quoted as saying that the new stability under braking is very welcome, but I didn't read or hear anything that hinted at the new bike being no improvement or worse for 99.

From 99

Quote:
The bike has changed quite a bit compared to last year. The new regulation of 20 litres fuel allowance makes us change quite a lot of electronics so the bike is not working exactly how I would like. I know we will find a solution in the next two days.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/...4qmachine1.htm

I read somewhere else he found the motor to be very harsh because of the fuel limits, not as smooth as he likes

JC

Plays in traffic.
Codewheeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #809
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,005
Quote:
Still think they should have dumped Smith and kept Crutchlow.
Cal left by his own choice.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #810
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Quote:

Lorenzo's "Mantequilla" high corner speed style requires precise throttle inputs, something that, in these early days, at least. the 2014 M1 currently lacks. Lorenzo commented on this after day 1.