Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #46
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
rumors are Kroc to RCH with a multi million dollar Redbull deal. Supposedly Barcia to JGR, Milsaps wants Weimers ride, if he stays with Rockstar KTM that may become the Husqvarna team, etc....

Its definitely going to be an interesting silly season.
Wait, ...What?

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #47
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
Wait, ...What?
theres a good thread over on TT with all the rumors and speculation...

the kroc RCH rumor has been rolling for a few months now...

motocrossaction link..

http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-p...humanity-of-it

Rider_WV screwed with this post 05-08-2014 at 10:21 AM
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #48
Goofy Footer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
rumors are Kroc to RCH with a multi million dollar Redbull deal. Supposedly Barcia to JGR, Milsaps wants Weimers ride, if he stays with Rockstar KTM that may become the Husqvarna team, etc....

Its definitely going to be an interesting silly season.
I hadn't heard about Davi wanting to move but that doesn't mean it won't happen! I'm bummed he has been hurt. Jason Anderson will be moving to the 450 class and his team manager at Rockstar KTM really seemed to believe in him during the Inside the Dream interview.

PulpMX podcast seems to keep hinting that Roczen to RCH and Barcia to JGR are already signed. Chad Reed and the Pulp guys also make it seem that Dean Wilson will be on Factory KTM next year.

Chad Reed speculated on having a second rider on his TwoTwo team - being that they get some Kawi support I could see them staying with a green rider. Josh Hansen said Chad invited him to ride with him in Florida and he said he would like to make a comeback..

Matthes and Jason Thomas both seem to think that Will Hahn could be on a different team as well.

Silly season drama!

I think RV being absent from the Outdoor series will make the racing much more competitive for the riders and more enjoyable for us fans.

Christophe Pourcel signed for 250 outdoors with Valli Yamaha too. Between him, Bagget, Wilson, Musquin (I think he is still not 100% recovered from injury) and Anderson, it should be a great 250 series as well.
Goofy Footer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #49
Goofy Footer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
btw I'm totally speculating about Josh Hansen and TwoTwo. Hansen has the skills but hasn't put it all together and doesn't have the best reputation. Chad Reed also wasn't the most liked guy on the track at one point in his career. Who knows, this is all me speculating. I doubt TwoTwo has the money to hire a true contender/big name guy so somebody like Hansen would could bring them a lot of publicity might be an interesting pickup because I bet he could be signed inexpensively.
He is already wearing Shift gear in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kss9FOZ8lqE

Tyler Bowers, the 4x arenacross champion rode Chad Reed's bike for Vegas too. Both guys are currently on green bikes.
Goofy Footer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #50
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,498
You make good points about Hansen, but why would someone take a chance on a guy who hasn't raced in a season or two and was a trouble maker when he WAS riding? If he'll ride for free, maybe. Otherwise Weston Peick could be had for a song, and I suspect someone like Will Hahn could be too. Or Andrew Short. He isn't gonna win you a race, but he'll always qualify and get you team lots of TV time. For all the years he's been around he continues to put in consistent 5th-8th place rides.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #51
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
You make good points about Hansen, but why would someone take a chance on a guy who hasn't raced in a season or two and was a trouble maker when he WAS riding? If he'll ride for free, maybe. Otherwise Weston Peick could be had for a song, and I suspect someone like Will Hahn could be too. Or Andrew Short. He isn't gonna win you a race, but he'll always qualify and get you team lots of TV time. For all the years he's been around he continues to put in consistent 5th-8th place rides.

RC bought Weston Peick for the remainder of this year, and supposedly Roczen for 2015.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #52
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
RC bought Weston Peick for the remainder of this year, and supposedly Roczen for 2015.

I heard JGR is talking with Hannah about a seat.

Frenchie is coming back....good to see. Where has he been the last couple of years? Why not on a 450? He has already proven he can run at the top. Unless he is coming off the couch for two years.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #53
muskieken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
[QUOTE][/QUOTDean Wilson’s (15) move to the Red Bull KTM team in 2015 was confirmed by Roger DeCoster and Mitch Payton. Dean will ride out his Kawasaki contract and tenure in the 250 class during this year’s AMA Nationals. The Palm Tree corner comes immediately after the sand straight (which was rough). Check out the new paint scheme on Glen Helen’s two-story scoring tower.E]

http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/c...-photo-gallery
If there was any doubt that the Supercross season was over, the climb up Mt. Saint Helen dispelled that thought. This Suicide Mountain-style climb included a big road crossing about 2/3rds of the way up.
Pourcel practicing at Glen Helen (AMA National layout)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auLu0Z_KDq4
Old 05-10-2014, 09:05 AM   #54
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

To me, this is the big news. Apparently Allesi wants one title before he retires!

Mike Alessi (800) plans to race REM this Saturday and the Glen Helen National on May 24th and then switch to the Canadian Nationals on June 1.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
Old 05-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #55
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Footer View Post
Chad Reed speculated on having a second rider on his TwoTwo team -
I think Reed, led by the retired RC, are writing a new chapter in MX/SX history.

I also think DeCoster's role will be proven to have been mostly ceremonial other than a very lucky roll of the dice on his part by discovering Dungey.

Reed, (and Stewart) possibly even more than RC, is/are obviously creating a brand, very smart, very shrewd. RacerX June 2014 full page ad for Mechanix Wear gloves, page 59. The freaking guy has a million dollar smile and I'll bet someone has been helping him realize that. I read a few years ago him mentioning that his father wanted him to retire and return to Australia. Fat chance he's still young and he's on his way to possibly creating a mini empire. He's made some money but not NBA/MLB money.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #56
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,605
Finally, the alessi clan is doing something positive for the AMA outdoor MX series.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #57
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
To me, this is the big news. Apparently Allesi wants one title before he retires!

Mike Alessi (800) plans to race REM this Saturday and the Glen Helen National on May 24th and then switch to the Canadian Nationals on June 1.

He has titles, they just happened a long time ago when he was still in pampers.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #58
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
He has titles, they just happened a long time ago when he was still in pampers.

He lost in Lites to Tedesco in the infamous Glen Helen finale. Did he win one after that? Never in SX, right?

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
Old 05-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #59
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
I think Reed, led by the retired RC, are writing a new chapter in MX/SX history.

I also think DeCoster's role will be proven to have been mostly ceremonial other than a very lucky roll of the dice on his part by discovering Dungey.

Reed, (and Stewart) possibly even more than RC, is/are obviously creating a brand, very smart, very shrewd. RacerX June 2014 full page ad for Mechanix Wear gloves, page 59. The freaking guy has a million dollar smile and I'll bet someone has been helping him realize that. I read a few years ago him mentioning that his father wanted him to retire and return to Australia. Fat chance he's still young and he's on his way to possibly creating a mini empire. He's made some money but not NBA/MLB money.

Flug. While you were gone in the 80's, Decoster WAS team Honda. He also single handedly put together all the victorious MXDN teams of the 80's. He put together the teams, convinced the non-Honda teams to let their riders go with him, and even fund raised to send the teams back when the factories did not support the race. This was all through the 80's and into the 90's. Then Suzuki where HE discovered and signed Dungey.

To me, his legacy is cemented.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
Old 05-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #60
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,936
Ah let the geezer have his fun. It is his world after all.