Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
capriccio OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,899
Congratulations to the 2013 MotoGP champion!

I can't believe a thread congratulating Marquez wasn't posted yet! Well here it is!

Congratulations to the most exciting top level rider in MotoGP.

If he doesn't make the same mistake as Rossi and finishes his career with Honda, he will surpass Rossi and may even give Ago a run for the most championships. 20 years old and 3 titles, he well on is on his way.

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by capriccio View Post
If he doesn't make the same mistake as Rossi and finishes his career with Honda, he will surpass Rossi and may even give Ago a run for the most championships. 20 years old and 3 titles, he well on is on his way.
Marquez had a great season and deserves accolades. He's an exciting talent.

But it's a little early to start pegging him to make a long-term run at Ago's records (or Rossi's for that matter). He was exceedingly lucky this year that he came out Okay after numerous serious crashes; he will not survive to challenge records if he doesn't learn to ride and win with bigger margins for error.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,004
*NO RACE RESULTS IN THREAD TITLES or surprise spoilers in threads.*
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Marquez was my pick for the championship after the first race. He raised the bar a notch with his aggressive style of riding. I don't see anybody challenging the top three riders for a championship in the near future. These guys are at a different level than everyone else.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
Old 11-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,119
Wait till next year!!

Quote:
I can't believe a thread congratulating Marquez wasn't posted yet! Well here it is!

Congratulations to the most exciting top level rider in MotoGP.

Yea~~~ He is the Best of the field this year cause of the Most wins!! Honda had the second best bike and the the 3rd and 4th best rider's.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:59 AM   #7
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
He is the Best of the field this year cause of the Most wins!!
ummmmmm.. most wins? MM: 6 wins, JL: 8 wins.

After race 1 this year (Qatar, where MM & DP were actually beaten by Rossi), I wrote:
“Better enjoy this while it lasts... Because once Marquez really gets to grips with that bike, he’ll be like Doohan or Rossi in their prime, and just smoke the field 9 out of 10 races. (And he’s 20 years old).”

(.....But I really could not fathom, that he was gonna take the title on his rookie year... the kid is beyond amazing. A very, very special talent).
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:16 AM   #8
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,365
I just love the arguments that start with "well if Lorenzo hadn't crashed", or "well if pedrosa hadn't crashed" and the one I really hate, "well if casey was still racing)
The thing is, Marquez raised the bar, forcing the others to push even harder, push hard enough to make mistakes. sure, MM made a few mistakes this year, but he IS a rookie, and things like that happen. I think Lorenzo and Dani are going to be very busy this off season, and come in next year in stellar form. of course, MM will have that year of experience behind him.
as for the rest, once again, I think they will be racing for 4th place, NONE of them are on the same level.
stoner?
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #9
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
ummmmmm.. most wins? MM: 6 wins, JL: 8 wins.

After race 1 this year (Qatar, where MM & DP were actually beaten by Rossi), I wrote:
“Better enjoy this while it lasts... Because once Marquez really gets to grips with that bike, he’ll be like Doohan or Rossi in their prime, and just smoke the field 9 out of 10 races. (And he’s 20 years old).”

(.....But I really could not fathom, that he was gonna take the title on his rookie year... the kid is beyond amazing. A very, very special talent).
No kidding!
>~~~~~~< Denotes sarcasm, The kid is good, not The Doctor or King Kenny good or even Fast Freddie good, Title picture would have been far different if JL had not been plagued with injuries. We will see next year!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #10
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
and the one I really hate, "well if casey was still racing)
Hate or not, had Casey been racing this year, Marquez will not have been champion. If he repeats next year, it will be in many ways a more deserved championship.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #11
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,012
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #12
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
Congrats to them all, yesterdays race was very enjoyable. Lorenzo put up a good fight in the beginning showing Pedrosa whos the boss. I'm glad Pedrosa finally woke up a bit, congrats to Marquez, well deserved.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #13
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
*NO RACE RESULTS IN THREAD TITLES or surprise spoilers in threads.*

Some people haven't seen yesterday's race yet.

I edited the title.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #14
anonny
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 5,368
I've been a Marques fan since I watched him at Laguna Seca but they way Jorge rode yesterday Marc better keep his head down. Awesome well deserved victory!

71- 450 Honda CL re & re

Just another pathetic sheep following the herd

anonny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #15
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 1,917
Quote:
If he doesn't make the same mistake as Rossi and finishes his career with Honda.
Was this comment just to stir the pot and start shit? Or do you actually believe that? Isn't Rossi still the only top lever rider to win two successive races on two different brands? (Valencia in '03 on the Honda and South Africa in '04 on the Yamaha) And only the second to win two championships in two years on two different bikes? (Eddie Lawson did it in '88-'89, from the YZR500 to the NSR500). It also gave him a chance to prove that it wasn't the NC-V winning the championships, it was him.

Setting a record and becoming only the second person in history to accomplish a feat like that certainly doesn't seem like a mistake to me.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is online now   Reply With Quote