Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
Hate or not, had Casey been racing this year, Marquez will not have been champion. If he repeats next year, it will be in many ways a more deserved championship.
Where do you come up with that? Stoner finished behind both Pedrosa and Lorenzo last year and Marquez beat them both this year. Maybe Stoner saw the writing on the wall and left...

No matter what the reason Casey was watching the race while ACTUAL RACERS were battling for a championship.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonny View Post
I've been a Marques fan since I watched him at Laguna Seca but they way Jorge rode yesterday Marc better keep his head down. Awesome well deserved victory!
MM93 had zero reason to engage in a combat with Jorge. He had everything to lose, though, and kept his cool admirably.

I have zero doubt, that he could have engaged as well, if the situation had required that. Marquez certainly doesn't mind a few hard passes. So their situation was very different, Jorge had to be aggressive, and Marc had to stay out of trouble.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #18
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
MM93 had zero reason to engage in a combat with Jorge. He had everything to lose, though, and kept his cool admirably.

I have zero doubt, that he could have engaged as well, if the situation had required that. Marquez certainly doesn't mind a few hard passes. So their situation was very different, Jorge had to be aggressive, and Marc had to stay out of trouble.
+1

Jorge did not race to a victory yesterday, he was given that, Marquez out rode him the first half of the season, after the collar bone injuries there was no reason for Marc to risk the title fighting with Jorge. Doesn't make for very exciting racing but that is the way it is. Also gives Jorge the false impression that he is better than he is, make it easier to get in his head next season.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
after the collar bone injuries there was no reason for Marc to risk the title fighting with Jorge.
eeeeerrmmm... after the summer break (and JLo back to full fitness), MM did actually race and beat him in Indy, Brno, Aragon and Sepang.

Then there was Silverstone, which went to Jorge, but only by a rat΄s pubic hair (all credit to him for beating MM after that fierce battle), and Motegi, where weather played into JLo΄s hands setup-wise, but it was still close.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Old 11-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
had Casey been racing this year
..he`d be another alien, who got handed his own ass on a plate by a rookie.

(maybe, maybe not, but we will never know.)
Old 11-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #21
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
The kid is good, not The Doctor or King Kenny good or even Fast Freddie good, Title picture would have been far different if JL had not been plagued with injuries. We will see next year!
Still doubting.

GP One makes the case for just how special Marc is. Dismiss him at your own peril.

http://www.gpone.com/2013111012193/M...-Campione.html

Even if he never participates in another race, he has smashed a laundry list of records this year.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #22
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,582
Congrats to MM!! One of the most impressive rookie seasons ever! I had a feeling about this last year, so he became my screen saver just over a year ago. I didn't predict it, but am not surprised.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #23
UAV online
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Ludicrous

UAV online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #24
capriccio OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Was this comment just to stir the pot and start shit? Or do you actually believe that? Isn't Rossi still the only top lever rider to win two successive races on two different brands? (Valencia in '03 on the Honda and South Africa in '04 on the Yamaha) And only the second to win two championships in two years on two different bikes? (Eddie Lawson did it in '88-'89, from the YZR500 to the NSR500). It also gave him a chance to prove that it wasn't the NC-V winning the championships, it was him.

Setting a record and becoming only the second person in history to accomplish a feat like that certainly doesn't seem like a mistake to me.
believe he would have a lot more championships under his belt. it took time to build the M1. The wasted time with Ducati.

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:00 AM   #25
capriccio OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilver1007 View Post
Where do you come up with that? Stoner finished behind both Pedrosa and Lorenzo last year and Marquez beat them both this year. Maybe Stoner saw the writing on the wall and left...

No matter what the reason Casey was watching the race while ACTUAL RACERS were battling for a championship.
There is truth in your statement, and let me add, that Stoner is a top level rider but his success with Ducati was due to the fact that Ducati had the best electronics at that time, as in the best traction control that kept his from crashing on every race.
I know he talked shit about not many current riders being able to ride in GP without the electronics, but I believe he was masking something. Now, to all the Stoner fans, I did say he is a top level rider and will be remembered as one of the best of his era.

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #26
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capriccio View Post
Stoner is a top level rider but his success with Ducati was due to the fact that Ducati had the best electronics at that time, as in the best traction control that kept his from crashing on every race.
Ducati got it it right, when MotoGP switched to 800cc (and that was the year, when CS27 won the championship)... and Honda & Yamaha were suffering, it took them quite a while to get the bikes sorted. Then there was also the tyre thing (Michelin vs. Bridgestone).

But Casey could ride the sh*t out of that red bike, there΄s absolutely no question about that. And this was probably the most important ingredient on that world title, that they won. It΄s been a long, long downhill for them after that one magical year, but CS27 was still occasionally able to win on the bike, that was all the time becoming more and more of a turd compared to Honda & Yamaha. He was also one of the riders, who use less traction control, this suited his riding style. To claim that TC kept him from crashing is ridiculous – if you switched TC completely off from these bikes, CS27 is one of the very, very few riders, who might still be able to ride them. He certainly had a very special feeling of what the bike is doing, that΄s why he could ride the Ducati, while others could not.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #27
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
The kid is good, not The Doctor or King Kenny good or even Fast Freddie good, Title picture would have been far different if JL had not been plagued with injuries
The kid is so good he΄s almost in a class of his own.

Remember he did not start his GP career this year. Last year in Moto2 he spanked the entire field from the back, TWICE. He΄s also done that in the 125 class (2010, maybe?) when he was fighting for the championship as well.

How many other riders have you seen do that in any class in the past years?
Old 11-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #28
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 628
Quote:
No kidding!
>~~~~~~< Denotes sarcasm, The kid is good, not The Doctor or King Kenny good or even Fast Freddie good, Title picture would have been far different if JL had not been plagued with injuries. We will see next year!
Marquez not the Doctor, King Kenny, or Fast Freddy good? He did the same thing as King Kenny did, he came into the series with a more aggressive style and raised the bar. Fast Freddy? One of the greats for sure, but he didn't last long. The Doctor? Time will tell, but he's off to a good start.
IgoFar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #29
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by capriccio View Post
believe he would have a lot more championships under his belt. it took time to build the M1. The wasted time with Ducati.
I'll agree with you about Ducati, that was a waste. But I don't know if he would have had a better "career" overall if he had simply won more championships. I personally think his career is more then just wins, and I am NOT a Rossi fan. I think his relative dominance made MotoGP boring for a while, and I was very tired of "Rossi this" and "Rossi that". I think that his career is more about his skill and ability then just his championship wins. Winning back to back races on different bikes, and turning the M1 into a championship winning motorcycle were also very high points for his career. Yeah, he might have more wins if he had stayed with Honda, but I think people would still be giving the RC a lot of the credit.

That is just my opinion, and you're obviously welcome to disagree.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #30
dsilver1007
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar View Post
Marquez not the Doctor, King Kenny, or Fast Freddy good? He did the same thing as King Kenny did, he came into the series with a more aggressive style and raised the bar. Fast Freddy? One of the greats for sure, but he didn't last long. The Doctor? Time will tell, but he's off to a good start.
Marquez is a bada** and he beat everyone this year. I am super happy for him and what he did (especially at his age) is something that will be recognized for years to come. That being said he had the fastest bike on the track and he walked away from some huge crashes, both dani and lorenzo had some large get offs and they were not quite as fortunate. I also think if Lorenzo and Marquez switched bikes we would be having a much different conversation at the end of the 2013 season. But big ups to Marquez

I feel like freddy gets forgotten about more than he should. He beat EVERYONE on a 3 legged dog Honda. He took the world by storm and seemed to be unbeatable. He did what few others have done in winning the 250 and 500 GP titles in the same season, and he did so by winning on his 250 handing it off and jumping on his 500. Those three winning years may have been short but they were nothing short of spectacular.