Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #331
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stamp View Post
After following this thread since the start, I ordered one of these today. Looking forward to trying it out. I'm also running an HTC controller so we'll see how it goes.
If by htc controller you mean their air temperature shifter, they will work fine together.
roger 04 rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #332
2Stamp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 347
Yes, Temp controller.

good to know, thanks.
2006 450EXC
2014 Honda Grom (hers)
2Stamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #333
Jays-f800gs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Got my AF-XiED today! Install was easy (1/2hr), didn't have to remove the canister, but it's tight, used long screw drivers to be able to manipulate things in place. Zip tied the controller to the diagnostic plug under the seat.

Short drive down the street (very cold here), the throttle felt very crisp, noticeable difference. Hoping to be able to log some miles soon after this cold snap.

Jays-f800gs screwed with this post 02-28-2014 at 08:21 PM
Jays-f800gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #334
firebolter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
I just installed mine on a 2014 F800GSA, easy install but a Bee_Otch to get the plugs together and tucked away, but I was patient and took my time. Made me feel like my hands were huge. Had to loosen up the chain guard so i could make a little more room to get my hand in there around the shock. Tight for sure!
Like another Jengle451 said, there is a rail mount sitting there below the stock O2 sensor plug like BMW knew it was coming. Thanks for your pictures Jengle, made the install super easy for me since you did all the route planning! Makes it look very sanitary. Routed the wire up around the top of the shock, under the diag plug and along the side of the subframe with other existing wires. Mounted the ground to one of the bolts that holds the rear tray down to the subframe so I know it is grounded to the frame.

Turned it on, watched the lights and fired it up. Deeper sound somewhat, not as "TINNY" sounding. Crisper throttle response for sure. Now just waiting for my Arrow can to show up this week!

Sure is easier than going to a dyno and getting a custom map burned!

And now, I have one of these!

2006 Husky SM610+71 BSA 250 Trials
2011 Beta 300 2T Lim Ed+ 74 RL250 Suzi
firebolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #335
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebolter View Post
I just installed mine on a 2014 F800GSA, easy install but a Bee_Otch to get the plugs together and tucked away, but I was patient and took my time. Made me feel like my hands were huge. Had to loosen up the chain guard so i could make a little more room to get my hand in there around the shock. Tight for sure!
Like another Jengle451 said, there is a rail mount sitting there below the stock O2 sensor plug like BMW knew it was coming. Thanks for your pictures Jengle, made the install super easy for me since you did all the route planning! Makes it look very sanitary. Routed the wire up around the top of the shock, under the diag plug and along the side of the subframe with other existing wires. Mounted the ground to one of the bolts that holds the rear tray down to the subframe so I know it is grounded to the frame.

Turned it on, watched the lights and fired it up. Deeper sound somewhat, not as "TINNY" sounding. Crisper throttle response for sure. Now just waiting for my Arrow can to show up this week!

Sure is easier than going to a dyno and getting a custom map burned!

And now, I have one of these!

Wow..... That stuff is dangerous to your health. You should now put that ugly thing in a box, and ship it down south to me, where I will dispose of it with out any further harm to you......
Sluuuuuuuurrpppppppppp.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #336
firebolter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
Funny you should reply! Sending you a PM about a ElPaso question, heading back there next Thursday (well Las Cruces via ELP).
2006 Husky SM610+71 BSA 250 Trials
2011 Beta 300 2T Lim Ed+ 74 RL250 Suzi
firebolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #337
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebolter View Post
Funny you should reply! Sending you a PM about a ElPaso question, heading back there next Thursday (well Las Cruces via ELP).
That indeed is too funny..... PM'ed you back. Bring the GSA in the suitcase, and let's ride a bit...

Erling
Old 03-05-2014, 04:58 PM   #338
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
So I am looking at the photos in the thread to try and install mine. Some differences is I have not removed the charcoal canister and I have a 2009.

So far the only connector I have located which, for me was zip tied to the back of the mount that the RR is attached to. Here is a bad cellphone photo.

Is this the connector I am looking for?

Thanks
Old 03-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #339
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

That is the connector. You are looking at the male end that is attached to the O2 sensor. Work carefully so you don't break the tabs as you take the connector apart.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #340
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoRider View Post
So I am looking at the photos in the thread to try and install mine. Some differences is I have not removed the charcoal canister and I have a 2009.

So far the only connector I have located which, for me was zip tied to the back of the mount that the RR is attached to. Here is a bad cellphone photo.

Is this the connector I am looking for?

Thanks
Does the wire go down to the O2 sensor....???? If yes, then that's it.

Erling
Old 03-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #341
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Thanks for the quick replies. As far as I can tell the wire from the O2 sensor that is show in earlier photos does lead right to there. I will double check in the morning when there is more light. Odd that these things end up in so many places. I do have a small flat head screwdriver that will help gently lift the tab to separate the connector.

Need to have a mechanic give me a tour of what the various wires are for and then I would not feel so out of my depth.

Thanks again.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #342
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks for the quick replies. As far as I can tell the wire from the O2 sensor that is show in earlier photos does lead right to there. I will double check in the morning when there is more light. Odd that these things end up in so many places. I do have a small flat head screwdriver that will help gently lift the tab to separate the connector.

Need to have a mechanic give me a tour of what the various wires are for and then I would not feel so out of my depth.

Thanks again.
Yeppers....
It does get a little crammed in there with the CC in place. One of the great things about the XIED, is it's simple way it connects. Just plug it between the O2, and the BMSK. So just find the wire up from the O2.....disconnect it, and plug the XIED in between. Let us know how it goes....

Erling
Old 03-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #343
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Thanks again.
The two white wires go to the O2 sensor heater. The grey wire is O2 (negative) the black wire is O2 (positive). You have the correct one. It is the only connector or your motorcycle with that connector AND two whites, a grey and a black. Just work carefully.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #344
jengel451
1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer: 743
Finally got a chance to put some miles on after install. Still the first tank, but I can tell you there is a marked difference in throttle transition as well as a noticable difference in off idle response.

I have a Leo can with no baffle, the exhaust note is definitely fatter now, it's richened up nicely.
jengel451 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #345
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengel451 View Post
Finally got a chance to put some miles on after install. Still the first tank, but I can tell you there is a marked difference in throttle transition as well as a noticable difference in off idle response.

I have a Leo can with no baffle, the exhaust note is definitely fatter now, it's richened up nicely.
Whoooooohooooo.... No get those blinkers made.....

Erling