Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #46
econwatch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Finally received replacement black key three months after starting the order process. Summary: Hanover Powersports (great service desk) ordered from KTM Austria, had to provide registration and licence, fee ~$100 USD (incl shipping). Key arrived pre-cut and non coded. Coded w manual and orange key, now all sorted w backup black key. Ready to ride.
econwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:01 AM   #47
AlxT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
I don't get it. How is it that a '06 gs key goes for 35 euro and the 990's is 100. It's not a matter of brands for me but a matter of two similar products pricing... It's two keys, that come precut, have a immobilizer receiver (whatever it is) and there is no reason to justify such a big difference price wise. I did pay for the spare key in the end but that's a total fail on KTM's side.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
AlxT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #48
Suddenstop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaFish View Post
I don'y mind paying the right amount for what i think things are worth. Im actually surprised sometimes at local KTM prices as they are 'sometimes' cheaper than i expect. My issue is that i feel KTM are price fixing this item and on principal i will do everything in my power not to pay. It might even cost me more than KTM are charging in the end but hopefully I will work out a solution that other KTM owners can follow and force KTM to re-think their price on the keys. It simply can not cost $200 for a programmed black key.

Wish me luck ;)

If I can post here the details of a alterntive key provider and a process for programming it (based on you still having the orange key of course), i'd be happy.

GazzaFish I applaud your approach. I like the idea of immobilizers and theft deterrents, but like you feel they should charge reasonable prices. The $80 in the US is at the upper range of that, but $200 for a key is outrageous when we all know the actual parts cost is like $5.
Suddenstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #49
stephanektm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
As i am reading this thread my question is : why did you not get both black keys? And also the orange key?? I can't understand why someone who knows KTM would sell the bike without the keys?? Why???? WHY??????? Oops sorry i got caried away
don't hesitate : go for it!!
when in doubt : gas 'it!!!
stephanektm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:23 AM   #50
Arte
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanektm View Post
As i am reading this thread my question is : why did you not get both black keys? And also the orange key?? I can't understand why someone who knows KTM would sell the bike without the keys?? Why???? WHY??????? Oops sorry i got caried away
the guy who sold me his bike (here on ADV fleamarket) listed among all the goodies in the sales pitch, 2 black keys, 1 orange key, ... etc.

I got only 1 black and 1 orange.

I payed up front trusting him, and now I'm screwed, he does not respond to my inquiry to send me the missing key, and other stuff he did not shipped. damn....!

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #51
LTKernel
jack of all trades

Oddometer: 88
After three months of the dealer going back and forth between me and the PO, they agreed to order the keys, immobilizer, and suitcase I never got. I did get one black key. Sent my license and registration in to KTM Austria on January 8th. It's still on backorder with no ship date. I guess I'm not being ripped off since they're making good on the contract. Just frustrating, and I hope I don't lose that one key before then.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #52
FlyingDutchman
Dirt Biker

Oddometer: 789
Another reason I'm glad I bought a 950

Twist your own throttle
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote