User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
The dream to experience Nort America

Now its time to tray, getting this site operating, and tell my story.
Came from Norway,to USA 10 October, to fulfill a dream. See parts of North America. Tried to buy a bike thru internet, but the answers was few. So I took a plain to Los Angeles, where I got WERRY god help from James Tucker and his wife Colleen. After 10 days ,bike, plates, insurance,luggage, clothing etc.etc in place, my tour could begin. The bike I bought is a BMW R1150R.2004 with 2000 miles on the counter. Tires 9 yers old, so I bought new (Michelin Pilot Road3) and schooled of course also changed the battery. After some weeks the old ( Odesey don't last forever) one vas caputt, and in the midle of nowhere I got a new, but 3 mm to big. Kut half the battery case, and so it fit. Then I received tent etc, and vent to Cambria, Horizon Unlimited meeting. There, and on the road I have met many nice people, getting some contacts. For 3 weeks I have ride kross wise up the coast, San Francisco, Klaramath Mountains, Sacramento Valley, Sierra Nevada and are now heading for Death Valley. I believe they who build the roads, must be motorcycle riders. In addition through a fantastic landscape. Small towns, where time had stand still.
Try to get some pics in here. How do I do that??( from iPhoto )
How do I make a new page?
1- Hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
Tropic-Of-Canada
Thread Derailleur

Oddometer: 836
Hi, and welcome!

You can upload photos to a sight like Flickr, or photobucket, and then grab the HTML data and copy-paste that info into your new post. When you hit post, they will show up as photos.

Hit New Reply to add new posts.

Sounds like you're having fun! I've never explored the states!
Tropic-Of-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
lexluther11
Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Oddometer: 1,071
How to post a image....... http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919
lexluther11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Toiretto
Getting into it!

Oddometer: 50
Good luck in your adventure. Keep us posted
Toiretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #5
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1- Hansi View Post
Came from Norway,to USA 10 October, to fulfill a dream. See parts of North America. Tried to buy a bike thru internet, but the answers was few. So I took a plain to Los Angeles, where I got WERRY god help from James Tucker and his wife Colleen. After 10 days ,bike, plates, insurance,luggage, clothing etc.etc in place, my tour could begin. The bike I bought is a BMW R1150R.2004 with 2000 miles on the counter. Tires 9 yers old, so I bought new (Michelin Pilot Road3) and schooled of course also changed the battery. After some weeks the old ( Odesey don't last forever) one vas caputt, and in the midle of nowhere I got a new, but 3 mm to big. Kut half the battery case, and so it fit. Then I received tent etc, and vent to Cambria, Horizon Unlimited meeting. There, and on the road I have met many nice people, getting some contacts. For 3 weeks I have ride kross wise up the coast, San Francisco, Klaramath Mountains, Sacramento Valley, Sierra Nevada and are now heading for Death Valley. I believe they who build the roads, must be motorcycle riders. In addition through a fantastic landscape. Small towns, where time had stand still.
Does this work?
Old 11-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

The dream to experience North Amerisa

Is this the way to aply photos??
Old 11-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

How do I make a new page?[/QUOTE]
HAVE I NEARLY MAKE IT, PUT PISTURE IN HERE??
http://blackbeemer.smugmug.com/Sample-Gallery
Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

Quote:

Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

Las Vegas to Grand Canyon

Las Vegas, the town for party and playing. For some the day afther, seems rather hard. Many buildings are splendid, but with big areas, slum ore empty between, the general impression is bad.
The Hoover Dam is realy magnificent. On the way to Grand Canyon, some small places, looking like they did in the 50-60, cosy. The road was mostly booring, so I let my thoughts fly, and forgot to pay atention. Grand Canyon, what can I say. Words and pictures can not tell what yoy feel, seeing those layers of rock, 1680 millions year old. I have avoided snow, but the temperatur by night is -10C ( what is that in F ?)

1- Hansi screwed with this post 11-18-2013 at 10:25 PM
Old 11-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #11
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Las Vegas, the town for party and playing. For some the day afther, seems rather hard. Many buildings are splendid, but with big areas, slum ore empty between, the general impression is bad.
The Hoover Dam is realy magnificent. On the way to Grand Canyon, some small places, looking like they did in the 50-60, cosy. The road was mostly booring, so I let my thoughts fly, and forgot to pay atention. Grand Canyon, what can I say. Words and pictures can not tell what yoy feel, seeing those layers of rock, 1680 millions year old. I have avoided snow, but the temperatur by night is -10C ( what is that in F ?)
Old 11-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #12
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

Old 11-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #13
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,421
Glad you are enjoying your trip, your pictures are great.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #14
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

http://blackbeemer.smugmug.com/organ...s-Grand-Canyon
Old 11-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #15
1- Hansi OP
Adventurer

Las Vegas to Grand Canyon

Las Vegas, the town for playing and having fun. For some, "the day after" seems rather hard. The buildings are splended, but with big areas, slum and empty places
between, my general impression are bad.
Hoover Dam is realy a magnificient construction. The most of the road was Rout 66, a boring distance, but with som small nice places, looking as back in 50-60`s.
Coming to a more fun road, I was stopped and got a reprimand. Grand Canyon cant justifyes by words ore pictures. It`s just, GRAND.