Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #76
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadredrum View Post
If you love the motor now, wait till you can open it up after the first service. From what I have noticed the sweet spot is 6k to 8k, and you will know when you get there. First time I played with dynamic after the first service I opened it up getting on the interstate and it is crazy fast, and power wheelies far easier than I figured it would, at 80 mph the front wheel was no where near the pavement. Just take it easy on that shoulder for a while.
I actually seldom take it above 6k, most driving is done under 5k rpm.
And last time I took it to the redline in first 3 gears (at about 80% throttle) all the people in town looked at me funny (It was a 4 lane street leaving town in my defence).

Yes, still a rookie
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #77
ClearwaterBMW OP
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB1 View Post
Nice write up and nice bike.

The Std lights are set rather low. But on the fully lit motorways and local streets that's not really a problem for me.
Just starting to wonder if the Clearwater lights will work in conjunction with the auto DRL function set to DRL. Since I do want to use them to filter inbetween the traffic.

Lots of nice photo's, it's probably the only time your bike will be that clean.

I am about the same size as you. About 167 cm with a 73 cm inseam (28 1/2"). Low suspension and low seat. But I am probably a bit lighter so the suspension is less compressed. Next bike will be either a normal GS with low seat or a GSA with an extra low speed.

Have fun and go ride (or sleep, I don't know what time it is over there).
are you calling me fat?
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #78
ClearwaterBMW OP
The Examiner

Quote:
Nice write up and nice bike.

The Std lights are set rather low. But on the fully lit motorways and local streets that's not really a problem for me.
Just starting to wonder if the Clearwater lights will work in conjunction with the auto DRL function set to DRL. Since I do want to use them to filter inbetween the traffic.

Lots of nice photo's, it's probably the only time your bike will be that clean.

I am about the same size as you. About 167 cm with a 73 cm inseam (28 1/2"). Low suspension and low seat. But I am probably a bit lighter so the suspension is less compressed. Next bike will be either a normal GS with low seat or a GSA with an extra low speed.

Have fun and go ride (or sleep, I don't know what time it is over there).

I would be extra know about have a life integrate with your DRL set up
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
Old 11-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #79
ClearwaterBMW OP
The Examiner

Quote:
I actually seldom take it above 6k, most driving is done under 5k rpm.
And last time I took it to the redline in first 3 gears (at about 80% throttle) all the people in town looked at me funny (It was a 4 lane street leaving town in my defence).
I look forward to exploring the upper register of the RPM range in the next month
Old 11-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #80
nadredrum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
The worst part is that I am almost positive I have the only BMW motorcycle in about a 30 or 40 mile radius. That being said I get lots of strange looks and head turns everywhere I go whether I am putting around or riding it like a complete loon. Favorite question so far is what the hell is that. Clearly it doesn't have the proper amount of chrome to be a Harley.
nadredrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #81
ClearwaterBMW OP
The Examiner

Quote:
The worst part is that I am almost positive I have the only BMW motorcycle in about a 30 or 40 mile radius. That being said I get lots of strange looks and head turns everywhere I go whether I am putting around or riding it like a complete loon. Favorite question so far is what the hell is that. Clearly it doesn't have the proper amount of chrome to be a Harley.
I don't mind Harleys and two of my good friends rode theirs yesterday on the trip with me. On the other hand it would be hard for me to live in an area where no one knew what a BMW motorcycle was. I'll say nothing further about that without being insulting. Every Harley-Davidson owner I know appreciates other brands of motorcycles the way I appreciate the occasional Harley. people who appreciate no other bike except those made by Harley-Davidson I'm embarrassed even ride a motorcycle.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #82
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW View Post
are you calling me fat?
I've seen your picture...
And with my 145lbs I am on the light side, so most people weigh more than me. Although at the moment I look a bit fatter in my riding gear. Dressed for long rides at temps between 36 and 43F (yes, I allready converted it) this time a year with lots of rain.

Yes, still a rookie
Old 11-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #83
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
It does have its own sound. This morning while waiting at the lights I wasn't paying attention. Till suddenly I heard this noise and I looked up: It was my bikes twin. It actually does make quite a nice and loud sound.

And harleys are rather rare here. But you see lots of bmw's.

Yes, still a rookie
Old 11-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #84
ClearwaterBMW OP
The Examiner

Quote:
I've seen your picture...
And with my 145lbs I am on the light side, so most people weigh more than me. Although at the moment I look a bit fatter in my riding gear. Dressed for long rides at temps between 36 and 43F (yes, I allready converted it) this time a year with lots of rain.
LOL
I am just giving you a hard time.
The truth is I just lost 35 pounds but I still weigh a few pounds more than i want to.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #85
Surveyor1953
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Nice mounts for your lights GSW, Clearwater

I am glad that your shoulder is fully functional and that your red (fastest) GSW is working well for you.

I am looking at your mounts for your Erica LED and would like to know which ones they are. I am running the same TT radiator guards and have been looking for additional lighting. The Krista's are on my Harley and work great. No such thing as 'enough' lights when on SoCal roads.
Surveyor1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #86
ClearwaterBMW OP
The Examiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surveyor1953 View Post
I am glad that your shoulder is fully functional and that your red (fastest) GSW is working well for you.

I am looking at your mounts for your Erica LED and would like to know which ones they are. I am running the same TT radiator guards and have been looking for additional lighting. The Krista's are on my Harley and work great. No such thing as 'enough' lights when on SoCal roads.
Thank you for your kind words.
Amounts were sent from Clearwater lights and I will get you better pictures later. I do not like the way they are mounted because they are too far inboard

I'm trying to find a way to get them to be able to be moved 2 inches outward each but still be stably mounted. The only other option is to slightly angle the light outward maybe two or 3 in order to get better light spread because were they are located they are being covered by the beak too much for my taste. Believe it or not, I am considering adding a pair of Darlas, either with the clear or Amber lenses on the forks. Yes, I am always want for excess!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #87
jpalamar
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
There isn't any way to put hard bags on an RNineT is there?
I didn't see any smiley faces, no LOL, no emoticons so have to ask this dumbass question, "You were joking?"
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #88
jpalamar
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW View Post
are you calling me fat?
Compact and (muscle) dense!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #89
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
I didn't see any smiley faces, no LOL, no emoticons so have to ask this dumbass question, "You were joking?"

Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #90
jpalamar
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
Greg, I have to ask this, but if you have no intention of going off road, why are you running an off road only headlight guard? The roads there aren't that bad!
C'mon, you know that's a loaded question? In fact, the more poignant question might be, wth we even buy the GS?