ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 04:26 AM   #136
WesleyDRZ400 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
WesleyDRZ400's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: England
Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseret Rider View Post
Time to SH** or get off the pot-----we were anxiously awaiting the Princess and are suspicious now that the mention of the two dutch girls is a diversion----Are we going to see pictures of these girls or are they figments of Wesley's imagination as he strives to be like 'the Master"---the one and only Colbatch?
Time wil tell---but the guy does know how to hold our attention---doesn't he?
I never planned to do a blog and i am abit unorganized with the way i stored my photos on my laptop as all in variours folders, memory sticks & SD cards which takes along time to sort out. i was very unorganized on this trip as it was my first motorbike trip but have leant alot from it

As i mentioned i am currently at work on a oil platform where i work 12-14 hour days so i am very limited to free time after i have finished my working day and computer access is limited, Im not trying to get/hold anyones attention i am simple just to busy right now to blog

When i am not at work i travel alot so sorry if i am not able to blog often as i dont work the 9-5 and live/stay in one fixed location, its just the way i live my life........


"are they figments of Wesley's imagination as he strives to be like 'the Master"---the one and only Colbatch?"



I dont strive to be like or want to be like anyone i am happy in just being myself,i have always travelled to remote areas and avoide citys either as a tourist on hoilday or on downtime from work in the countrys (counted the other day and i am currently on 48 countrys) i am at as i find the people more intresting as i mentioned before only this year I started doing this on a motorbike and i found it the best way so i will carry on doing this in my own way and if others think im trying to strive to be like someone eles well thats up to them.

I have read Colebatchs website and that was a deciding factor picking a bike which ended in me picking a lightweight bike with soft bags as why learn the hardway when you can learn from experience, before i read his blogs about his views i was thinking i needed a bigger, more powerful bike which would of ruined or ended my trip im sure as the DRZ gets heavy after dropping it often. I met to many guys who regretted the bigger bike they were on during my trip and wished they had a lighter bike like a DRZ for offroad/track riding

I have read a few blogs where people compare the blog they are reading to others which i feel is totally wrong as each ride report is diffrent in its own way so im not sure why people do this and why judge someones ride report and compare it to another if they are taking the time to write it for others to see....?

"Time to SH** or get off the pot"= Never heard that one before however i am still on "the pot" which is actually a oil rig

WesleyDRZ400 screwed with this post 12-01-2013 at 11:37 AM Reason: Spelling
WesleyDRZ400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #137
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyDRZ400 View Post
I never planned to do a blog and i am abit unorganized with the way i stored my photos on my laptop as all in variours folders, memory sticks & SD cards which takes along time to sort out. i was very unorganized on this trip as it was my first motorbike trip but have leant alot from it

As i mentioned i am currently at work on a oil platform where i work 12-14 hour days so i am very limited to free time after i have finished my working day and computer access is limited, Im not trying to get/hold anyones attention i am simple just to busy right now to blog

When i am not at work i travel alot so sorry if i am not able to blog often as i dont work the 9-5 and live/stay in one fixed location, its just the way i live my life........


"are they figments of Wesley's imagination as he strives to be like 'the Master"---the one and only Colbatch?"



I dont strive to be like or want to be like anyone i am happy in just being myself,i have always travelled to remote areas and avoide citys either as a tourist on hoilday or on downtime from work in the countrys (counted the other day and i am currently on 48 countrys) i am at as i find the people more intresting as i mentioned before only this year I started doing this on a motorbike and i found it the best way so i will carry on doing this in my own way and if others think im trying to strive to be like someone eles well thats up to them.

I have read Colebatchs website and that was a deciding factor picking a bike which ended in me picking a lightweight bike with soft bags as why learn the hardway when you can learn form experience, before i read his blogs about his views i was thinking i needed a bigger, more powerful bike which would of ruined or ended my trip im sure as the DRZ gets heavy after dropping it often. I met to many guys who regretted the bigger bike they were on during my trip and wished they had a lighter bike like a DRZ for offroad/track riding

I have read a few blogs where people compare the blog they are reading to others which i feel is totally wrong as each ride report is diffrent in its own way so im not sure why people do this and why judge someones ride report and compare it to another if they are taking the time to write it for others to see....?

"Time to SH** or get off the pot"= Never heard that one before however i am still on "the pot" which is actually a oil rig
Well said. I would've just told everyone to back the fuck off
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #138
Mehaniotis
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Aurora ,Indiana
Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseret Rider View Post
Time to SH** or get off the pot-----we were anxiously awaiting the Princess and are suspicious now that the mention of the two dutch girls is a diversion----Are we going to see pictures of these girls or are they figments of Wesley's imagination as he strives to be like 'the Master"---the one and only Colbatch?
Time wil tell---but the guy does know how to hold our attention---doesn't he?

Mean while there's plenty South America Bar hopping trips to entertain you until Wesley decides to get off the pot.
Go read few of them.
Mehaniotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #139
achesley
Old Motorcyclist
 
achesley's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Jennings, Louisiana
Oddometer: 3,384
Hey Guy! Do your thing! That's the most important thing in life. As a retired guy from over 30 years in both drilling and production offshore Louisiana, I know where you're coming from. Heck, I've done many trips stateside , that I never even considered writing a blog. Too busy living my own life. But, have done a few and know what kinda time and effort are involved just here in the land of plenty. Don't want to think about being in other countries and getting er done.
When you feel up to writing, do it. When you don't , the heck with it. Go riding and enjoy life.
__________________

A '00 KLR 650 38,000 miles, A '07 1250S 75,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 75,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #140
tee bee
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: in the fens uk, mostly
Oddometer: 196
Believe me,Desert Rider,by the end of this blog you will be eating your words.

Didn,t your mum tell you?. The best things in life are worth waiting for.
tee bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #141
Mehaniotis
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Aurora ,Indiana
Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee bee View Post
Believe me,Desert Rider,by the end of this blog you will be eating your words.

Didn,t your mum tell you?. The best things in life are worth waiting for.
Yup, waited till I was fourteen......
Mehaniotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #142
Deseret Rider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Deseret Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: East Central Utah (Deseret)
Oddometer: 244
Humbly-----

Properly Chastised, I will silently wait to see the picture of the Slovakian Princess.

However, I did cheat just a little bit by Goggling "The Slovakian Princess"---and wow! Yes indeed, I agree ---that is worth waiting for. Unfortunately, I don't know how to post pictures here or I would give you all a preview--oh well!
Deseret Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #143
Mehaniotis
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Aurora ,Indiana
Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseret Rider View Post
Properly Chastised, I will silently wait to see the picture of the Slovakian Princess.

However, I did cheat just a little bit by Goggling "The Slovakian Princess"---and wow! Yes indeed, I agree ---that is worth waiting for. Unfortunately, I don't know how to post pictures here or I would give you all a preview--oh well!
Is this the one.


Mehaniotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #144
max384
Disgruntled Student
 
max384's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sugar Notch, PA
Oddometer: 3,135
Come on man! Damn your schedule! Some of us need our ride report fix!
__________________
'09 Suzuki SV650, '02 KLR250, CRF70 and 80 for the kids IBA # 56419

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #145
Deseret Rider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Deseret Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: East Central Utah (Deseret)
Oddometer: 244
Is this the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehaniotis View Post
Is this the one.


That is not the one that I found-----however I'm sure there are probably hundreds of 'candidates' and probably none of the actual Princess that came to Wesley's aid. In due time he will reveal the true Princess.

Wesley----I did not mean to impugn you at all---and I apologize for my poor choice of words---truth is that I admire you and am somewhat proud of you for being an ambassador representing ADV riders to those good people in far off countries. Through your's and other ADV reports I have come to believe that there are good people everywhere---and that it is governments and politicians that cause most of the problems we see in the world these days.

I will be happy now to just sit back and continue to enjoy this very interesting and well written thread.
Deseret Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #146
MeinMotorrad
Studly Adventurer
 
MeinMotorrad's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Between Velez Rubio and Huercal Overa, Spain.
Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehaniotis View Post
Is this the one.


I looked up Slovakian Princess on google and saw a result from the Urban Dictionary - I imagined some kind of learned description of the Slovakian Royal family and their lineage through the centuries - no
__________________
'12 KTM 690 Enduro R
MeinMotorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #147
Redkrouge
Independent
 
Redkrouge's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Carouge, CH
Oddometer: 108
Princesse

While waiting ....

Here is a princess in Kathmandu, confined under the pretext that embodies the deity Durga-Kali. When she loses its former position of "Kumari" no man wants to marry her, it would bring bad luck.

Sorry for the quality of the photo (1978)




I hope the best for the Princess of Wesley
__________________
dreams are made to happen

The Odessa File
Four days off on the roads of Switzerland
Redkrouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #148
Colebatch
"Moto Porn"ographer
 
Colebatch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Schmocation
Oddometer: 3,960
is it this one?

__________________
*** New Sibirsky Extreme Trail DVD Trailer HERE ***
Moroccan Extreme 2011 DVD available HERE
World Motorcycle Altitude Record video HERE
Sibirsky Extreme - The Home of Adventure Motorcycling in Siberia and Mongolia - On Facebook
Colebatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #149
joenuclear
Planning.....
 
joenuclear's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 6,124
I dunno Colebatch, she's got big hands.
__________________
"They bought me a box of tin soldiers. I threw all the Generals away. I smashed up the Sergeants and Majors. Now I play with my Privates all day."
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #150
max384
Disgruntled Student
 
max384's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sugar Notch, PA
Oddometer: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
I dunno Colebatch, she's got big hands.
Big hands? Perfect. That way she can get a grip on my big... Never mind, who am I kidding?
__________________
'09 Suzuki SV650, '02 KLR250, CRF70 and 80 for the kids IBA # 56419

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014