Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #346
brownstoner
....rumbling fool...

Oddometer: 15
Great RR, Wes! I'm going to start reading more about the different republics and the different countries in the region....fascinating!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #347
theycallmetrinity
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Hello, I'm reading your post and already love it. Very humble and down to earth style of travelling! Those big bikes with high tech gear seems like also an unnecessary target for thiefs...the best way to experience the local culture is by blending in as much as possible.

2009 Triumph Thruxton
2013 Kawasaki KLR 650
theycallmetrinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #348
KGBz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
I really like your style of travel and I too hope to conduct a trip like this in South America. I am learning a lot from you as to how to be open and meeting the locals. It's a shame you were robbed, but when you trust people by default, there will be those who take advantage of that. Luckily those people are few and far between.

I can't wait to hear the rest of the report! Cheers

-KGBz
KGBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #349
KTM Deano
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Im still planning to ride to Ukraine but not this year. I'll go next year for sure and take a couple of others with me. They are keen to see what a fantastic country Ukraine is.
KTM Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:09 AM   #350
US7IGN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyDRZ400 View Post
I am 31 now and all my friends are married and have kids or have kids and are getting married, they work 9-5 normal life with 3-4 weeks holiday a year i go round and see them, i look them in the eyes and see the fire has gone out and this scares me really scares me to be like this, i have friends i work with who are planning bike trips now but for 5 days max because there wifes/GF said that's the limit?!?!
the one who wants - is looking for opportunities, and who do not want - he is looking for excuses.

I'm 34 years old, married and I have two children. last year I bought a motorcycle, got the driving license and drove over 6000 km last summer . and always with me was my wife, who had very afraid of motorcycles. this year, only a war with Russia and lack of money prevents us to drive many miles together on a motorcycle ...

Old 06-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #351
KTM Deano
Adventurer

Whereabouts in Ukraine are you Vlad? Be good to meet up next time I'm there if you want to?
Old 06-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #352
US7IGN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Oh! I'll be happy to meet you at any time! my home in the east, but there is now dangerous. I plan to move to the west - to the capital Kiev or even further - to the Carpathians mountains. Ukraine is a large country - from end to end length of 1500 km.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #353
KTM Deano
Adventurer

Ok cool. I know that things are not great there right now. I will be in Kiev in September
Old 06-19-2014, 02:44 AM   #354
Ratte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Hi,

me to I'm really following this trip, in 1 day at page 28 and i am curious for the rest!

but a question i want to ask, is how long did the total trip take? how many months? and what was you budget you spend? if you hav any idea of this that woud be great!

i want to travel to Nepal or further, from Belgium.
But I want to know if it is do-able with my budget!

i'll read the rest, for sure!
Ratte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:31 AM   #355
KTM Deano
Adventurer

Wesley i remember you mentioning something about being robbed. Did you write about this (if you did I missed it) or is it to come in another post later?
Old 06-29-2014, 08:17 AM   #356
kag
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM Deano View Post
Wesley i remember you mentioning something about being robbed. Did you write about this (if you did I missed it) or is it to come in another post later?

yep.....details please

2007 Yamaha TW 200 / 2008 Buell Ulysses
2013 Triumph Tiger 800r / 2014 KTM 1190 EDS
kag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #357
tee bee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Wes is a bit busy at the moment, but i,m sure once he gets back he,ll update the blog .....,Its well worth the wait :)
tee bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:45 AM   #358
Ratte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyDRZ400 View Post
For budget as you see i did not spend much on accommodation as i was lucky to meet great people who let me stay or would feed me.

Thanks for your answer!

glad to hear that $1000 a month is feasible, i had 1000€ in my mind, so that woud do it also.
for sure I want to camp as much as possible, because its cheap and i like it, so that's not a problem.

So it took 6 months to do it, with work included.

Another question that I have is, I want to leave in September, but i'm afraid that it will be too cold the time I arrive there (nepal/india) or it wil be too rainy.
Another issue for me are the visa's. I have no idea how long it takes for different countries to get them, how much they cost, and if it's do-able to just ride to the border and try to get in there, if you want to visit a country you hadn't planned...

keep on telling the story!
Ratte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:02 AM   #359
PropTP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
I was considering visiting a friend in Ukraine and my Google search led me to this thread. Read it all in one session. Made for a inspiring and riveting read! Thanks for posting!
PropTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:21 AM   #360
00-SEB-00
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
Another issue for me are the visa's. I have no idea how long it takes for different countries to get them, how much they cost, and if it's do-able to just ride to the border and try to get in there, if you want to visit a country you hadn't planned...
Ratte, Since your profile says that you live in Brussels, I assume you have BE nationality? If so, pm or mail me, I'll help you out with how and where for the visas.
I actually met Wes in Tajikistan when we were both there.
00-SEB-00 is offline   Reply With Quote